Diachronic Conlanging open world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Diachronic Conlanging open world

Post by Felbah »

Greetings internet!
As some of you may have heard (unlikely, but possible), I enjoy Diachronic conlanging. Therefore, I have begun a new Diachronic Conlanging open world. It is called Teles.

Basically, anyone can contribute, almost anything goes, and I am hoping that it will turn out as fun.

Let me know if you are interested, and you can join if you want to.

Felbah.
Last edited by Felbah on 24 May 2014 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Hi. I am DoctorMisterPorfessorSomethingorother.
My fledgeling minicity...
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Re: Diachronic Conlanging open world

Post by k1234567890y »

I somewhat want to take part in, but I want to know something, does Teles have magics or supernatural beings? how about the atmosphere and other physical conditions? how long does one Teles day? do all languages of Teles belong to the Amutetikam Languages?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

k1234567890y wrote:I somewhat want to take part in, but I want to know something, does Teles have magics or supernatural beings? how about the atmosphere and other physical conditions? how long does one Teles day? do all languages of Teles belong to the Amutetikam Languages?
1: Teles does not at present have any form of magic. However, conceivably, there could be some form of religious movement or people group which either believes they have or actually do have magical powers. At present: none.
EDIT: I would prefer not to have goblins or trolls or other fantasy creatures. People who believe they have magical powers, fine. And perhaps even a few people who do, fine. But fantasy creatures are to be kept to a minimum.
2: Atmosphere and life rating are very similar to Earth. Small increase in gravity, but that is it, and the atmosphere is made up of Oxygen, Nitrogen... You get the picture.
3: I have not actually decided the facts of a Telesic day. I suppose it might be longer, since the planet is larger, but there is no actual decision on that.
4: At present, all languages belong to the Amutetikam language family. However, it was my hope that other language families would develop so that a: The Amutetikam languages would have outside influences, b: to create a earl sense of rivalry between the nations of Teles, and c: because I absolutely hate conformity, and to see one language family cover the face of a planet... It would not bode well for me. Think of the Amutetikam language family as 'my' project (I put it in inverted commas because I hope to have other contributors) and it would delight me no end to se other language families.
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

what kinds of animals does the world Teles have?

How does an average person of Teles look like?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Omzinesý
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Omzinesý »

Interesting.

How complete the proto-language is?
My meta-thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5760
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

Omzinesý wrote:Interesting.

How complete the proto-language is?
Vocabulary: Nearly complete.
Grammar: Final tweaks, and it will be done.
I have left both of these things as relatively simple, hoping that they will become more complex as time progresses.
k1234567890y wrote:what kinds of animals does the world Teles have?

How does an average person of Teles look like?
Pretty similar to Earth. Both Telesian people and animals are derived from Earth. Although I am willing to consider other things.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

May i join too? It'll probably take me some two months to have something to present you. (i want to start a new family)
Do you have a Teles World map or something? Where are the languages you already have spoken?
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
fivecountwings
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by fivecountwings »

Can I have a tiny island somewhere or something? I've always wanted to do something like this, but I rarely have enough time.
ạ ẹ ị ọ ụ ʉ̣ ɨ ɨ̣
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

I'd like to contribute something.

more questions:

how many suns does Teles have? does Teles have any moons?
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote:I'd like to contribute something.

more questions:

Considering there are life-forms like those on Earth, Teles would need a moon or two or three in order to have tides, and it would need tides in order to have a carbon cycle, and it would need a carbon cycle to sustain carbon-based life.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

k1234567890y wrote:I'd like to contribute something.

more questions:

One sun, one moon, just like Earth, which makes tides rather regular, like Earthly tides.

As said, anyone can join. I will post a world map very soon. Actually, two: One for staking familial claims, and the other for topography and height mapping.
Edit: As promised, 2 maps:
Height map:

Linguistic map as of 10000BK:

I would prefer that you are to go into a proto-lang first if you want to make a new family, and then add it onto the 10000BK time map, but if you want to add to the Amutetikam language family, please do.
cntrational
greek
greek

Post by cntrational »

I'm vaguely interested in participating.
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

May I stake a claim for that little southward-pointing peninsula to the north-northeast of Amutetikam, with the northern region reaching at least to the source of that river north of it?
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

Linguifex wrote:May I stake a claim for that little southward-pointing peninsula to the north-northeast of Amutetikam, with the northern region reaching at least to the source of that river north of it?
You may. However, I need to add in k1234567890y's claim also, which is just north of yours.
By the way, probably self-explanatory, but that would be cooler than my area (cool temperate), and k1234567890y's area would be very cold indeed, subarctic-arctic.
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Felbah wrote: and k1234567890y's area would be very cold indeed, subarctic-arctic.
alright, seems that the ulitan people who built up a civilization are those who migrated southwards sometimes.

moreover, seems that in the northern and the southern part of the map is cut.
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

k1234567890y wrote:
Felbah wrote: and k1234567890y's area would be very cold indeed, subarctic-arctic.
alright, seems that the ulitan people who built up a civilization are those who migrated southwards sometimes.

Agreed. Perhaps so. You can decide on that whenever.

And yes, I think so. I don't think much happens there - Arctic and Antarctic wastelands all around. But I can edit them in if you wish.
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

k1234567890y wrote:

I kind of like the idea of the Ulitans pushing my speakers out of their Urheimat, causing a diaspora that ends up with the language getting spread out sort of in a ring around their homeland, but not actually in it anymore.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

Linguifex wrote:
k1234567890y wrote:

I kind of like the idea of the Ulitans pushing my speakers out of their Urheimat, causing a diaspora that ends up with the language getting spread out sort of in a ring around their homeland, but not actually in it anymore.
That could work. I would have to leave it to k#y to decide exactly when, but I would say perhaps around 3000-100BK. Does that sound good for you?
Also, that could set your people discovering and settling the new world, which would be quite fun to see.
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Felbah wrote:
Linguifex wrote:
k1234567890y wrote:

That could work. I would have to leave it to k#y to decide exactly when, but I would say perhaps around 3000-100BK. Does that sound good for you?
Also, that could set your people discovering and settling the new world, which would be quite fun to see.
The way I see it (and it's just an idea, feel free to destroy it if y'all aren't keen on it), the Ulitans invade and make war with my peoples, who are driven out of their Urheimat. Given that it's cold up north, maybe some sort of global cooling event spurred them on to try to make a more permanent home more southward.

EDIT: Would it be possible for someone who has the ability at present to make a small map of where Proto-ǂaa Uteq was spoken?
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

Linguifex wrote:
Felbah wrote:
Linguifex wrote:
k1234567890y wrote:

The way I see it (and it's just an idea, feel free to destroy it if y'all aren't keen on it), the Ulitans invade and make war with my peoples, who are driven out of their Urheimat. Given that it's cold up north, maybe some sort of global cooling event spurred them on to try to make a more permanent home more southward.

EDIT: Would it be possible for someone who has the ability at present to make a small map of where Proto-ǂaa Uteq was spoken?
Earliest I can do is tomorrow sometime. Is that alright with you?