Aynu Itak - Ainu Language

A forum for guides, lessons and sharing of useful information.
Täzari
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Aynu Itak - Ainu Language

Post by Täzari »

Hello everybody!

I'm new on this forum and I am very pleased to see that there is a "teach and share" section which is full of really interesting posts about language learning. Most of all I am very happy to see that, along with the most common languages such as German, Swedish or French, there are many threads that deal with minority languages.

I've been studying Ainu for about three years now and I really like it! Unfortunately the Ainu language is facing a very hard time trying to stay alive: it doesn't receive enough support from the Japanese government and the people who are actually willing to study it are few... But this is never a good reason to give up! Every single language has its beauty that deserves to be enjoyed no matter what is the present situation or actual production of that language..... At least, this is my thinking!

So, long story short, would any of you be interested in knowing something more about the Ainu language? [;)] If I receive positive answers I will start to post about it very soon!

Thanks for you attention! [:D]
Native: :ita: - Proficient: :eng: :jpn: - Learning: :ain: :rus: Nivkh - Some notions of: Sanskrit, :dan: :isl: :lat: - Conlang: :con: Lözusöteli
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Re: Aynu Itak - Ainu Language

Post by Micamo »

How much do you know about the (extinct) non-Shizunai dialects?
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Täzari
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Täzari »

Micamo wrote:How much do you know about the (extinct) non-Shizunai dialects?
The dialect I've been studying is the Saru dialect and since one year I'm spending my time also on the Sakhalin Rayciska dialect.... I've translated several texts as part off my future PhD research..... I guess I can be of some help for anyone who may want to learn a little Ainu!
Native: :ita: - Proficient: :eng: :jpn: - Learning: :ain: :rus: Nivkh - Some notions of: Sanskrit, :dan: :isl: :lat: - Conlang: :con: Lözusöteli
roninbodhisattva
MVP
MVP

Post by roninbodhisattva »

I'd be interested. Where are you doing your PhD work?
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

I'd definitely be interested in learning about Ainu. [:)]
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Post by Ceresz »

Go for it! I'd love to see some stuff on Ainu, even if I won't be doing much in the way of learning the actual language.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Täzari wrote:The dialect I've been studying is the Saru dialect and since one year I'm spending my time also on the Sakhalin Rayciska dialect.... I've translated several texts as part off my future PhD research..... I guess I can be of some help for anyone who may want to learn a little Ainu!
Ooh, do you know anything about Itadori? I'd be very interested in hearing more about how applicatives interacted with incorporated objects in that dialect. (Or possibly others, but Itadori is the one I know of where an incorporated object can be interpreted as either a DO or an Oblique.)
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
gach
MVP
MVP

Post by gach »

I can't say to know much of the structure of Ainu so a guided round trip of the grammar will be very welcome. Also, since this relates to your PhD work, should we expect to see some publications from you in the coming years?
ImageKištaLkal sikSeic
Täzari
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Täzari »

I'm so glad to hear so many positive encouragements!
I'm gonna be out of town and without an internet connection during the following two weeks so I'll be posting my first post on Ainu when I'll get back..... sorry to keep you waiting!
In answer to your questions I'm doing my PhD at SOAS university of London... the topic of my research are Ainu evidentials (I've read something and I know something about Ainu's valency increasing and decreasing strategies but actually I don't know much about Itadori.... but I can get myself informed!)
I have some projects for the future and I'm sui hoping to be able to publish something some day! [;)]

I promise I'll do my best!
Cikkernok
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Cikkernok »

I am very interested. Would you happen to know some good (online) resources on Sakhalin Ainu?
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

It would be interesting to see something about Ainu. Looking forward to seeing what you have to show us.
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

[:'(] Yranqarahte-e ! Pyrqa no an . Qw anaq oripaq Andyy E-paq-as-nw-qar qar wa yn-qar y-an ne-e ( rehe) E-paq-as-nw-qar an roq Aynw ytah an(r)y ranma a-ye an no Aynu ayn-so-mo y-saq no an an o-pyt-ta se-qor-an qw=yay-nw wa maqanaq wen-nw-pe paqar wa an a-nwqar qar ya somo wwqo-qy-qar tan-pe qw=yay-nw Qarahto Aynw qar p aryqyqy an-ne wa Qwrylsqy Aynw wa Qamcatqa Aynw an wa qar ro an ne rwwe ne. Ninjal ainutopics.com a-nw yan ne e-nwqar wa. Pateq Aynw ytah a-nwqar yan-an(r)y qar wa.
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

You would probably do well to speak a language we can understand. That way we can perhaps assist you in some way.
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

clawgrip wrote:You would probably do well to speak a language we can understand. That way we can perhaps assist you in some way.
It is Ainu they're using, just in a weird idiosyncratic romanisation (why I do not know). The lack of English translations even in Engish sections of the board is infuriating, I'll agree.
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

Ainu itak = Karapto ( Sakhalin mix with Kurils and Kamcatka )Aynu ytah Hh = Kk ya Qq , Uu = Ww , Ii = Y y , - E-paq-as-nw-qar E= all we + paq = degree + as = set up + nw = write + qar = make = study , learn , www5d.biglobe.ne.jp an BAT_A2E wa BAT_EA an ne -e wen wa pyrqa Wwe-to-re qan-py-sos = Dictionary wa. ainutopic.ninjal.ac.jp S(h)ys(h)a-mo ytah wa tommy1949.world.cocoon.jp e- Gwgwrw ( Google) a-nu-yan ne-e pyrqa wa pyrqa wa ne ,O-shy-may

Nederlands taal Yq hep een beetjen Zuid-( Swyt) Denemaarqen fryssysq studeerde ooq oq Noorn twnqmaal wa qwäänsq , Qaarjala qyyleq [:D]

Ainu ytak an(r)y : Rynqo = Apple Qom-pwta no an.; yaro nan ta pe ne-ne = Yamaqata-Qata Mataqy

W-we-s(h)yn-nay-no W-sa-W-oya-w-oya okay-pa o-qa wa.Wa iOS/ X tw-ytah-hy-no-qatw = bi-lingual e-y-wan-qe an-pe User Or-wn-qo-to-ro-s(h)o-qw-rw-qa-s(h)y-qe = OS Localisation user-interface Aynw E-tw-ry-e-chwy = support twn-tw wa a-e-qo-pas(h)-te-p qar-qar wa yn-qar yan qon-rwswy wa qw-ro an ne-e wa pyrqa no an.
Japanese = S(h)ys(h)a-mo-ytak language グーグルのさがす。
Google= Gwgwrw an(r)y chymy = search an no wa ytah word Ay-qo-y-qar-a-pe = example Qataqana

片qata仮qa名na OS X Sy-e-ra = Mosyr Rwy-nw-ye-p = Menu Language preferences , Keyboard Ainu language p wa typing roma ye-p wa qar an wan-te wn-a ne pe qataqana qar wa yn-qar =makes katakana Ainu an(r)y ne paq-pe-re-ri na no wa Repwn Roma-nw-ye-p wa Ainu itak an(r)y uwepekere, yukar , Epakashnu, = any Ainu words and something in Japanese thousands nep nep qar poron-no wa wen-pe Japanese Junko wa pyrqa no nw-qar an rwwe an yaro! Yan moy-qe-re
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

Tan sayt so w-qo-qeq-qe-reri tan-pe ne no son-no an-pe buggy soft
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Frislander wrote:
clawgrip wrote:You would probably do well to speak a language we can understand. That way we can perhaps assist you in some way.
It is Ainu they're using, just in a weird idiosyncratic romanisation (why I do not know). The lack of English translations even in Engish sections of the board is infuriating, I'll agree.
I think this is Ainu (Karapto dialect) They mentioned it in one of their posts earlier. It's weird seeing links interspersed though. Makes me think it's a Japanese speaker who is trying to Translate Ainu to Japanese to English; but it isn't going spectacularly. Clawgrip; I think you should respond to him.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

Charanqe-y-yaynw qar hyqere

Hem para na ram hwmyqar pysy sos paro y-ye noan wa a-e-paqasnw qwsw neno Engyrysw ytah anry ray-qy an nwpwry no Awswturaya Ameryqa at nep qwsw na Auynw ytah anw-qar wa ran-ma somo ayn wa qar pysy pysy qar an ne -e " Aynw ytah y-ray-qe an somo an qwsw ne wa masqyn no e-qy-roroanqa somo ne -e ayo yo eyqosanpa wa qwchyqanqan-paqeqoshne wa Akqademiq eraman no anpe wa qw ramwtataryqy wa qanqapkapeqa anpe wa qymaypa wa yaysampepoqashy wa yayqewtwmsawrere wa yqeswy wa eywanqe Aynw ytah anaq no y-eyqap nawa somo hetoposhyqnwre no an ta na ray-qe an yaq qw pyrqa no Aynw ytah easqay no qy wa qw yaynw wa somo ne -e qanpy sos anry e-pasqasnwqar wa qo qy an ta an wa qwsw pryqare wen ytah qar wa ne qw any ramma ramma nwqar wa ynqar ne wa a-ye ytah qatw no rwew an wa qwsw wrenqa wa oroytah qar wa easqayp porono qanpy-sos qor an ne wa アaイiヌnu語go会kai話wa イiラraスsuトto (= ilustaration 辞ji 典 ten or Aynw ytah Ukoyso-itak qanpy-sos te-eta shyshamo mosyr pa 27 wn at an ne qsenofobiyqyqyqar a ta Aynw an wa chynyshte ram-qor-e no ne wa oterqe an qo qy wa
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

Charanqe-y-yaynw qar hyqere

Hem para na ram hwmyqar pysy sos paro y-ye noan wa a-e-paqasnw qwsw neno Engyrysw ytah anry ray-qy an nwpwry no Awswturaya Ameryqa at nep qwsw na Auynw ytah anw-qar wa ran-ma somo ayn wa qar pysy pysy qar an ne -e " Aynw ytah y-ray-qe an somo an qwsw ne wa masqyn no e-qy-roroanqa somo ne -e ayo yo eyqosanpa wa qwchyqanqan-paqeqoshne wa Akqademiq eraman no anpe wa qw ramwtataryqy wa qanqapkapeqa anpe wa qymaypa wa yaysampepoqashy wa yayqewtwmsawrere wa yqeswy wa eywanqe Aynw ytah anaq no y-eyqap nawa somo hetoposhyqnwre no an ta na ray-qe an yaq qw pyrqa no Aynw ytah easqay no qy wa qw yaynw wa somo ne -e qanpy sos anry e-pasqasnwqar wa qo qy an ta an wa qwsw pryqare wen ytah qar wa ne qw any ramma ramma nwqar wa ynqar ne wa a-ye ytah qatw no rwew an wa qwsw wrenqa wa oroytah qar wa easqayp porono qanpy-sos qor an ne wa アaイiヌnu語go会kai話wa イiラraスsuトto (= ilustaration 辞ji 典 ten or Aynw ytah Ukoyso-itak qanpy-sos te-eta shyshamo mosyr pa 27 wn at an ne qsenofobiyqyqyqar a ta Aynw an wa chynyshte ram-qor-e no ne wa oterqe an qo qy wa
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

You're not exactly spreading the word if you spam one forum. I would highly suggest spamming elsewhere; especially considering how low-traffic this website is.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad