Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Re: Other Creativity

Post by vampireshark »

Egerius wrote:You should be the next guy who designs the Euro banknotes.
I'd love to. I'm hoping there's a banknote design competition sometime soon so I can submit some entries...
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.
HinGambleGoth
sinic
sinic

Post by HinGambleGoth »

The sun rose over an icy sea. frozen ships still showed their stiffened shapes under the thick snow, stuck since their oarsmen sank to the murky depths. The winters got ever colder. The cold and darkness crept nearer and nearer, both in tralls' huts and drightens' halls men starved. Sinewy and weary hands shared hard bread and dry fish, awaiting a warmth that might never come.

Iron is glowing in the hearth, this summer, blood will flow in the firth. The Sea-horses will once again bear many riches home to the song of war-horns. The Sea-kings wrath is coming.

So it is said, so it shall be.
[:D] :se-og: :fi-al2: :swe:
[:)] :nor: :usa: :uk:
:wat: :dan: :se-sk2: :eng:
[B)] Image Image :deu:
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

I made this with MS Paint:

I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

vampireshark wrote:
Egerius wrote:You should be the next guy who designs the Euro banknotes.
I'd love to. I'm hoping there's a banknote design competition sometime soon so I can submit some entries...
Some things to consider:
  • write to the ECB and find out information about any upcoming design changes and potential competitions for new designs; and do the same at the Bank of England
  • make some cool designs and connect them with a fictional / micronational setting, print them up (nicely) and sell them on Ebay -- there is a market for these things and you might want your designs known further afield
  • get a job in the design team at Thos. de la Rue or American Banknote Co. They design and print currency for countries all round the world. Perhaps you'll end up designing banknotes for the next generation of central African dictators! [O.o]
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

New-ish stuff:

Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

I'm glad that dinosaurs can get visas, especially cute, fuzzy ones. [:)]
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

What does "YLJ" (in the Nationality field) mean? And should I have already known?
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

eldin raigmore wrote:
What does "YLJ" (in the Nationality field) mean? And should I have already known?
It means Ilian (I chose YLJ as the country code because the native name for the country is Yljá). It's the three-letter abbreviation for the respective country, just like CDN is the code for Canada and DEU for Germany.*

*Though, in Germany itself, the code they normally use for Germany is "D"; for example, the machine-readable zone on my German residence permit from when I did an internship there starts "TAD<<" rather than "TADEU", which would be more "proper".
Dormouse559 wrote:I'm glad that dinosaurs can get visas, especially cute, fuzzy ones. [:)]
So long as they're well-behaved, of course; badly-behaved dinosaurs, while they do make history, rarely get visas.

k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

This is about the conworld Teles, I gave Kuminah ( http://telesconlang.wikia.com/wiki/Kumi ... my-Breaker ) color...
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Oh yea, forgot about a small track I made a few years back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y9Kj_No96k
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

I just composed this piece of music:
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

While composing is pretty awesome... You might as well have posted a drawing of the language you just invented. It's pure gibberish to me.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Thrice Xandvii wrote:While composing is pretty awesome... You might as well have posted a drawing of the language you just invented. It's pure gibberish to me.
Yeah, the point was to share it with anybody else who can read music here. Maybe, I should have put that as a preface.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Well, I think it kinda goes without saying since one can't appreciate it properly without that ability.

I think I just need to stop being so insufferable. [:)]
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Another one:
-JRR Tolkien
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Shemtov wrote:I just composed this piece of music:
Spoiler:

How would you describe this kind of music? Clearly, there is a basic theme that is repeated with slight variations of tone interval and duration. What would this kind of music be used for? Is this tune the whole of the scale (you only use four notes -- I wondered if this was just the bottom half of or the whole scale)? If it's only half, what's the other half?

More music please!

It is a lovely mode this is written in! In the Eastlands, this particular mode is called ihrunic, notable because the two tetrachords of the scale are separated by a two-tone leap: G-Ab-Bb-Cb : Eb-Fb-Gb-G. They're also identical in their shape, H-T-H.

This sounds like an Yttuun melody, and they do make use of this mode quite frequently. Probably just a simple song for working around the house or in the garden.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

It's a niggun- a traditional Jewish form of music- though most are definitely not in 8/11! To quote wiki "It is vocal music, often with repetitive sounds such as "bim-bim-bam" or "ai-ai-ai!" instead of formal lyrics. Sometimes, Bible verses or quotes from other classical Jewish texts are sung repetitively to form a nigun" Short niggunim are used for meditation. to quote one source (http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... Niggun.htm)
There are some niggunim that are structured and progressive. These tunes are to the Western ear 'sophisticated' tunes, consisting of a beginning, a body and a climax. There are other niggunim that are containments of a repetition of single, individual sounds with little or no words. And some contain the two.
-JRR Tolkien
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Shemtov wrote:It's a niggun- a traditional Jewish form of music- though most are definitely not in 8/11! To quote wiki "It is vocal music, often with repetitive sounds such as "bim-bim-bam" or "ai-ai-ai!" instead of formal lyrics. Sometimes, Bible verses or quotes from other classical Jewish texts are sung repetitively to form a nigun" Short niggunim are used for meditation. to quote one source (http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... Niggun.htm)
There are some niggunim that are structured and progressive. These tunes are to the Western ear 'sophisticated' tunes, consisting of a beginning, a body and a climax. There are other niggunim that are containments of a repetition of single, individual sounds with little or no words. And some contain the two.
Oh, very cool! A kind of Jewish mantra! Was the niggun you composed intended for *here* or is it from within your world?
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Improved version of my second tune:
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

elemtilas wrote:
Shemtov wrote:It's a niggun- a traditional Jewish form of music- though most are definitely not in 8/11! To quote wiki "It is vocal music, often with repetitive sounds such as "bim-bim-bam" or "ai-ai-ai!" instead of formal lyrics. Sometimes, Bible verses or quotes from other classical Jewish texts are sung repetitively to form a nigun" Short niggunim are used for meditation. to quote one source (http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... Niggun.htm)
Oh, very cool! A kind of Jewish mantra! Was the niggun you composed intended for *here* or is it from within your world?
For IRL.
-JRR Tolkien