Forum News discussion/feedback thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Forum News discussion/feedback thread

Post by qwed117 »

elemtilas wrote:
Aszev wrote:
Frislander wrote:Also, if you've got Mongolian now (Yes, Mongolian!), can we have Thai, Arabic, Hebrew and Ge'ez too?
Well, yes, but then we'd need a lot more posts, don't you think? [;)]
Just when I was within sight of Korean...

...now I'll have to keep on for like ten more years before getting to those lofty heights!
[o.O]

At least I have Mongolian to look forward to!
:mrgreen:
Ikr? I calculated how long it would take me to get to Korean again. 100 days... well, those posts ain't gone post themselves :mrgreen:
This is motivating me to actually get back to attempting all my old langues.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Spoiler:
qwed117 wrote:
elemtilas wrote: Just when I was within sight of Korean...

...now I'll have to keep on for like ten more years before getting to those lofty heights!
[o.O]

At least I have Mongolian to look forward to!
:mrgreen:
Ikr? I calculated how long it would take me to get to Korean again. 100 days... well, those posts ain't gone post themselves :mrgreen:
This is motivating me to actually get back to attempting all my old langues.
I'm looking forward to reaching the runes.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

It's not that I dislike the particular size and shape that some rank banners have been changed to… what bugs me personally is that now, not all rank banners are the same size and shape.

This is really just a minor thing, though, and if it's what Aszev wants, I can definitely deal with it.
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

shimobaatar wrote:It's not that I dislike the particular size and shape that some rank banners have been changed to… what bugs me personally is that now, not all rank banners are the same size and shape.

This is really just a minor thing, though, and if it's what Aszev wants, I can definitely deal with it.
[+1] : unevenness of shape can really bug me too when you would expect something to be consistent like a rank banner.
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Frislander wrote:
shimobaatar wrote:It's not that I dislike the particular size and shape that some rank banners have been changed to… what bugs me personally is that now, not all rank banners are the same size and shape.

[+1] : unevenness of shape can really bug me too when you would expect something to be consistent like a rank banner.
I'm pretty sure it's because Aszev is gradually working on replacing all the rank banners but hasn't given up his day job just to make sure OCD sufferersCBBers can sleep at night.
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

DesEsseintes wrote:
Frislander wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's because Aszev is gradually working on replacing all the rank banners but hasn't given up his day job just to make sure OCD sufferersCBBers can sleep at night.
This, basically. But the problem should be out of the way now [:)]
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Thanks for taking the time to make these changes!
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

I like these new rank images.
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Dezinaa wrote:I like these new rank images.
And I like your new avatar Dezzie! [:D]
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

DesEsseintes wrote:
Dezinaa wrote:I like these new rank images.
And I like your new avatar Dezzie! [:D]
Thanks! [:D]
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan

Post by GrandPiano »

Has there been any mention anywhere of the fact that the code for the China flag ( :chn: ) has been changed from zho to chn? Has this happened to any of the other flags?
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

GrandPiano wrote:Has there been any mention anywhere of the fact that the code for the China flag ( :chn: ) has been changed from zho to chn? Has this happened to any of the other flags?
Yes I think a lot of them have changed. They were changed so that the flag icons represent the country instead of the language, so for instance, the china flag has an abbreviation for "China", rather than "zho" which - if I take a guess - is related to the languages of China.
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

shimobaatar wrote:Thanks for taking the time to make these changes!
Thank you for saying so!
GrandPiano wrote:Has there been any mention anywhere of the fact that the code for the China flag ( :chn: ) has been changed from zho to chn? Has this happened to any of the other flags?
Virtually all changes to the forum are announced in the Forum News Thread, including the post that you are looking for [:)]
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan

Post by GrandPiano »

Aszev wrote:
Virtually all changes to the forum are announced in the Forum News Thread, including the post that you are looking for [:)]
Thanks!
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

Ossicone wrote:Send me a PM with the stuff. (If not I'll forget.) Also keep in mind I have a slight backlog to work through.
What rank, for who, relevant thread.
Does anybody still give out ranks here? I sent my nomination via PM over a year ago and nothing happened...
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

gestaltist wrote:
Ossicone wrote:Send me a PM with the stuff. (If not I'll forget.) Also keep in mind I have a slight backlog to work through.
Does anybody still give out ranks here? I sent my nomination via PM over a year ago and nothing happened...
Dunno. Perhaps they're on holiday. I've put it a couple nominations of late and haven't heard back.

Maybe next year! [}:D]
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

gestaltist wrote:
Well, Micamo and clawgrip were promoted to MVPs within living memory, so...
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

It would be nice if they implemented the size options for images on this site. Then instead of putting it in a spoiler and saying "Big image!!", they could just type [img=123x456] and be done with it.
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

I'm not sure I'm really convinced....rescaling often looks pretty crummy, and you still have to load the entire huge image anyway. Resizing it at the source or just spoilering it seems sufficient. I don't know.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

gestaltist wrote:
Not that I'm aware of.

Sorry, when I started doing the ranks I had buckets of free time. But not so much for the past 2-3 years.
I do have a small backlog but it is basically at the bottom of my list of things to do with my limited free time.