Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
kingdemon
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by kingdemon »

Thank you Fanael! :D
The above title is DECEPTIVE: I am a girl...and a succubus.
lolbot720
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by lolbot720 »

Hello! I'm lolbot720, and I am not very funny, I'm not a robot, and there's only one of me. I have a misleading name. I will mostly be silently lurking stalking, but occasionally I'll post something conlangish, and I'll probably post quite a bit during that time. So, you'll be seeing me round, hopefully.
Working on a conlang only known as Nāfkak. That's about it, really. I'm lurking around in places, but I don't post all that often (almost a year to achieve 20 posts). Perhaps that might change.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Welcome, lolbot720 [:)]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
cntrational
greek
greek

Post by cntrational »

Yo. I've been hanging around the ##cbb channel on IRC, and I've decided to register now. So, hey.
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

Welcome. [:D]
Hawl
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Hawl »

Hey there

Thought I'd drop into this thread and say hello. I'm Hawl, but I suppose that's pretty obvious. I've been into the idea of constructed languages and cultures since forever so I thought I might as well meet other people who are too. I'm not super knowledgeable of linguistics; I know a little due to learning about many different languages over the years (although I'm not a polyglot or anything unfortunately) and I recently took a semester in introductory linguistics at my uni, but that's the extent of it. I've got my own language in the works, but it has been in a state of "early development" forever... Anyway, that's me for now- I hope to learn from you guys and get into some radical discussions.

Dif-tor heh smusma
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Post by Ceresz »

Hey there, Hawl!

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy your stay [:)].
Pirka
roman
roman

Post by Pirka »

Welcome, Hawl!
You should come visit us on the IRC channel! The more the merrier! We talk there too... sometimes...
Also, doggy!
Hawl
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Hawl »

Thanks guys!
You should come visit us on the IRC channel! The more the merrier! We talk there too... sometimes...
Hah! I'm no stranger to IRC, maybe I'll drop in sometime.

(edit - Actually what is the address?)
Pirka
roman
roman

Post by Pirka »

##cbb at Freenode! Some of us regulars are there right now.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Hawl wrote: Dif-tor heh smusma
Sochya heh dif
Jules Grant
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Jules Grant »

Hey, I'm Jules, as you can tell. I'm a lover of anthropology, conworlding, conlanging, languages, political sims, music, and singing.

I love conworlding, and joined this forum to help get some help on my language, Haevs. It's a Franco-Turkish language, with base vocab being Franco-Turkish, but then evolving into independently created worlds as it carries on. It's grammar is all Franco-Turkish, but the vocabulary is a mix. In Haevs, we say Celluve, to greet people.

I speak English, Haevs, a decent amount of French and Spanish, can read all Iberian and most Romance languages and am interested in Turkish, Italian, and Catalan, not to mention Maori and Hebrew, which I am learning with a friend.

I'm here to learn and help in any way. I understand IPA and all linguistic terms, so feel free to critique with the specific words.
I'm a Catholic, a republican, a Liberal, a conlanger, a political lover, a writer and reader, and an anthropologist.
Leo
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Leo »

Hi, I hope experimental conlangs with joke backgrounds aren't frowned upon in this forum, because that's all I'm able to do lately ;) I did work on several natural-looking conlangs set in their conworlds before, but they're sleeping in the permafrost now. Well, if hyperoligosynthetic freaks and such are no-no, I still have nasty translation challenges for the community :)

Welcome, Jules!
Edit: May I keep the rupestrian picture forever? I kind of like it.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Leo wrote:
Edit: May I keep the rupestrian picture forever? I kind of like it.
Only if you stop posting. [:P]

As for jokelangs they are also welcome. I myself have posted a cat lang and a shoe-elf lang.
Leo
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Leo »

Ossicone wrote:Only if you stop posting. [:P]
Ha! Not fair!
As for jokelangs they are also welcome.
The backgrounds are jokey but the langs not so -- they can dig very deep into semantic nitpicking.
I myself have posted a cat lang and a shoe-elf lang.
LOL. I'm studying them now.
"írul màì énìmá ni̊rà" cracks me up [xD]
afeez85
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by afeez85 »

Hello! Hmm, after spending a little while (maybe not-so-little, around a month or so..) on this forum - and finally made an account! - I guess I'm the first ever Malaysian who finally be in this forum! [:D]

By the way, my name's Afeez. My interests are far more into storytelling and conworlding than conlanging, initially. But some time after creating my world, creating mumbo-jumbo names for the places along the way, there seems to be something not quite right.

My world needs a language!

Really NEEDS a language! [>:O]

How can I create names when they don't have any exact language in the first place? I searched the internet about conlanging, google here google there - and I stumbled upon this forum. Quite a coincidence, eh?

There seems to be another problem anyway. I have to create more than one language for my world. Well, I'll talk about my world later (this topic is for introduction, right? I am being off-topic here).

I think that's all for the introduction. Oh right, two more things. I speak fluently in two languages, English and Malay. Count Indonesian also, maybe (Malay and Indonesian are quite the same) and I currently don't have any name for my first conlang. But I mention my conlang by the name Saja Atawdyan's Language. (Atawdyan is the race, Saja is the ethnic group.)

Can't wait to be one of this forum! [:D]
urininia uriwid erë, ashman uthilinia uthiwid erë

the day conquered the sun, while the night revolved the moon.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Hello and welcome afeez85!
Xnenai
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Xnenai »

Hey, My name's Rigel, but I go by Xnenai (Zenyai). I'm a high school senior who's striving to become a polyglot. I love language and linguistics as well as the culture that comes with each language. I currently speak English fluently and I speak Italian very well (but not fluently). In addition to those, I''m learning German, French, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Arabic, and Chinese. I began conlang construction 5 years ago in 7th grade though I never really knew what it was. I've long since lost the scripts to my original conlang (Zerxethian) but have revised and bettered a more modern version called Zecthin. I was really happy and some what relieved to find these forums. I know I'm not that only high school student here but at the age of 17, trying to describe to someone that I'm actually creating a language tends to be rather frustrating and sometimes embarassing; mainly because they tend to be ignorant of the topic. I've been looking around the forums for a couple days; I've realized that I have a lot to learn but I'm eager to learn it and hope to be an active member of the forums.

I will be posting Zecthin in the conlangs section within the following day but my only problem is I don't know how to make those graphs and insert IPA orthography into them.

Anyway, ci vediamo
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

嘿新朋友!挺好的吧?
Welcome to the forum!
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Xnenai wrote:Hey, My name's Rigel, but I go by Xnenai (Zenyai).

Greetings, Xnenai Archduke of the Zerxethians, Commander-in-Chief of All Things Zecthin!
I'm a high school senior who's striving to become a polyglot. I love language and linguistics as well as the culture that comes with each language. I currently speak English fluently and I speak Italian very well (but not fluently).
Abbastanza bene!
In addition to those, I''m learning German, French, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Arabic, and Chinese.
Good ones to know. You're one up on me with the Arabic- mumtaz!
I began conlang construction 5 years ago in 7th grade though I never really knew what it was.
Me neither, I just knew I had to do it, though! [B)]
I've long since lost the scripts to my original conlang (Zerxethian)
Yet another long-lost Ur-Conlang (we have a thread about that here) [:'(]
but have revised and bettered a more modern version called Zecthin.
Conlangers are like Phoenixes - Up from the ashes!
I was really happy and some what relieved to find these forums. I know I'm not that only high school student here but at the age of 17
Some of us are older, but still bear that spark, that unquenchable Fire [:)]
trying to describe to someone that I'm actually creating a language tends to be rather frustrating and sometimes embarassing; mainly because they tend to be ignorant of the topic.
Helots, all of them!
I've been looking around the forums for a couple days; I've realized that I have a lot to learn but I'm eager to learn it and hope to be an active member of the forums.
Awesome that you came here! Many welcomes!!!
I will be posting Zecthin in the conlangs section within the following day but my only problem is I don't know how to make those graphs and insert IPA orthography into them.
Check out Ossicone's enlightening posts. [tick]

Also, give your :con: a test-drive in the Rumpus-room er...
Conlang Conversation Thread.
Anyway, ci vediamo
Ciao, bello!