Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
GamerGeek
sinic
sinic

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by GamerGeek »

Lambuzhao wrote:
elemtilas wrote:
spanick wrote:Hi all. I've new here but been on at ZBB for a while. Just thought I'd join the party here too! Looking forward to being part of CBB [:)]
No Pickles for You!

Let 'im have some KIMCHEE, at least.
Not Kim Chee!
Sorry--bad joke; bad reference.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

EmmaLindhagen wrote:Hello there,

My name is Emma. I write books and things. I have recently gotten into conlanging after being fascinated at a distance for years. The conlang communtiy I currently hang at is due for disappearing in a few weeks, so I thought I'd dip my toes in here instead. So uh... see y'all around?
Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your current community.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

EmmaLindhagen wrote:Hello there,

My name is Emma. I write books and things. I have recently gotten into conlanging after being fascinated at a distance for years. The conlang communtiy I currently hang at is due for disappearing in a few weeks, so I thought I'd dip my toes in here instead. So uh... see y'all around?
Hi Emma!

Welcome home! Hopefully we'll hear more about your adventures in language invention and writing books (and things)!
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

EmmaLindhagen wrote:Hello there: My name is Emma. I write books and things. I have recently gotten into conlanging after being fascinated at a distance for years. The conlang communtiy I currently hang at is due for disappearing in a few weeks, so I thought I'd dip my toes in here instead. So uh... see y'all around?
Would this be Imzy? Someone apparently referred me over there a while back. I was trying to get the hang of using it, hardly in a hurried fashion, but received an e-mail last week saying they were going away. [o.O]

Anyway, welcome! One hopes you'll enjoy your participation here. [:)]
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
EmmaLindhagen
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by EmmaLindhagen »

Thanks for the welcomes everybody! :)
Lao Kou wrote:
EmmaLindhagen wrote:Hello there: My name is Emma. I write books and things. I have recently gotten into conlanging after being fascinated at a distance for years. The conlang communtiy I currently hang at is due for disappearing in a few weeks, so I thought I'd dip my toes in here instead. So uh... see y'all around?
Would this be Imzy? Someone apparently referred me over there a while back. I was trying to get the hang of using it, hardly in a hurried fashion, but received an e-mail last week saying they were going away. [o.O]

Anyway, welcome! One hopes you'll enjoy your participation here. [:)]
Indeed it is Imzy. The conlang community there is small but very active and friendly so I'm definitely gonna miss it.
NeoMahler
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by NeoMahler »

Hello! I'm NeoMahler and I'm another imzynaut in exile. I'm quite a noob in conlaning, I have the feeling that my languages are messy, but I hope to improve over time. I'm working on my third conlang (I deleted the first one and I'm still making some modifications to the second one from time to time). Let's see if it goes better this time!

I'm typically a lurker everywhere, but maybe I will post something here. Idk.

My native languages are Catalan and Spanish, so forgive me my poor English grammar. See you all here!
Languages:

:es-ca: Native (why does it have more than 4 lines, though?)
:esp: Native (not as good as Catalan)
:eng: Intermediate (with Catalan accent)
:epo: Basic
:fra: Elementary
:lotr: Less than elementary
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

NeoMahler wrote:Hello! I'm NeoMahler and I'm another imzynaut in exile. I'm quite a noob in conlaning, I have the feeling that my languages are messy, but I hope to improve over time. I'm working on my third conlang (I deleted the first one and I'm still making some modifications to the second one from time to time). Let's see if it goes better this time!

My native languages are Catalan and Spanish, so forgive me my poor English grammar. See you all here!
So are we going to see an influx of, shall we say, "Imzy refugees" over here? Because if so, great! New people! Hope you'll stick around and have time to hone your conlanging skills!
NeoMahler
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by NeoMahler »

Frislander wrote:So are we going to see an influx of, shall we say, "Imzy refugees" over here? Because if so, great! New people! Hope you'll stick around and have time to hone your conlanging skills!
Well, the conlanging Imzy community was quite small, so I doubt that you will see a big influx. Let's see what happens! [:)]
Languages:

:es-ca: Native (why does it have more than 4 lines, though?)
:esp: Native (not as good as Catalan)
:eng: Intermediate (with Catalan accent)
:epo: Basic
:fra: Elementary
:lotr: Less than elementary
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

NeoMahler wrote:Hello! I'm NeoMahler and I'm another imzynaut in exile. I'm quite a noob in conlaning, I have the feeling that my languages are messy, but I hope to improve over time. I'm working on my third conlang (I deleted the first one and I'm still making some modifications to the second one from time to time). Let's see if it goes better this time!

Welcome! Your English is fine, by the way.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

We'll build a conlang and make the Imzynauts pay for it! [xP]

Welcome to our little bulletin. We hope you enjoy it.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

NeoMahler wrote:Hello! I'm NeoMahler and I'm another imzynaut in exile.
[...]
My native languages are Catalan and Spanish [...]

Welcome/Bienvenido!
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

EmmaLindhagen wrote:... I write books and things. ...
Tell us a bit more about some of the books and/or things?
I bet I'd enjoy reading some.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

eldin raigmore wrote:
EmmaLindhagen wrote:... I write books and things. ...
Tell us a bit more about some of the books and/or things?
I bet I'd enjoy reading some.
I bet quite a few of us would enjoy reading some!
Rheddie
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Rheddie »

New here but not a new conlanger. [:)] Not sure I'm any good at it though. Particularly interested in the languages of mediaeval western Europe. Also into sci-fi and fantasy of all varities. Trying to write a novel (aren't we all?), so currently working on a world and language for that. Hope to show you all soon!
ωqések zusada axbuqev́ : cuaqek cuaqzaént epbióv́
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome to the board!
GamerGeek
sinic
sinic

Post by GamerGeek »

Rheddie wrote:New here but not a new conlanger. [:)] Not sure I'm any good at it though. Particularly interested in the languages of mediaeval western Europe. Also into sci-fi and fantasy of all varities. Trying to write a novel (aren't we all?), so currently working on a world and language for that. Hope to show you all soon!
Welcome to the forum!
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Rheddie wrote:New here but not a new conlanger. [:)] Not sure I'm any good at it though. Particularly interested in the languages of mediaeval western Europe. Also into sci-fi and fantasy of all varities. Trying to write a novel (aren't we all?), so currently working on a world and language for that. Hope to show you all soon!
Well met! I certainly look forward to seeing more of your world --- do please create a thread for it in the worldbuilding forum and commence spilling the legumes! How long have you been working on this world and its languages? Or glossopoesy in general?

Also, with your love of the languages of medieval Europe, you and Egerius should get along like a house afire!
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

It's good to have you on board!
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Greetings! Mediaeval Europe you say? Cool! i can't wait to see what you've got for us! Do you think you'd be interesting in expanding your linguistic tastes while you're here?
Rheddie
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Rheddie »

Thanks for so many warm welcomes!
elemtilas wrote:
Well met! I certainly look forward to seeing more of your world --- do please create a thread for it in the worldbuilding forum and commence spilling the legumes! How long have you been working on this world and its languages? Or glossopoesy in general?

Also, with your love of the languages of medieval Europe, you and Egerius should get along like a house afire!
Glossopoesy - I like that word! I've been working on my present world in some form for about four years I think. But loads of other things have got in the way. It's a sort of alternative reality called Torn. But before that I've been making up languages ever since I started secondary school, so about 13 or 14 years now.
Frislander wrote:Greetings! Mediaeval Europe you say? Cool! i can't wait to see what you've got for us! Do you think you'd be interesting in expanding your linguistic tastes while you're here?
Maybe. I get very interest in one or two languages or languages families for a few years and then move on to something else (it's the same with conlangs and conworlds, actually). I've studied a bit of the older Indo-European languages more generally and know a little bit of Japanese. But I do hope to expand further!! We'll just have to see how it fits around my particular obsessions and everything else I have to do.
ωqések zusada axbuqev́ : cuaqek cuaqzaént epbióv́