Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by Lao Kou »

Random8k wrote: 09 Jun 2018 11:40 Anyways, that's pretty much me in a nutshell, and I hope to get along well with all of you!
Welcome, Random. [:)]
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Sounds very interesting, Random8k!
Welcome!
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome to the CBB, Random8k!
Arlande
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Arlande »

Hello everyone,

Some of you might know me from the ZBB, where I go by "Ars Lande".
I found out about this board by chance last week, and well, here I am.

I'm French; sadly, the only two languages I can speak somewhat competently are English and French. My current projects is trying to put together the mess of assorted conworlding and conlanging notes I've accumulated throughout the years into a coherent whole.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

Arlande wrote: 25 Jun 2018 10:24 Hello everyone,

Some of you might know me from the ZBB, where I go by "Ars Lande".
I found out about this board by chance last week, and well, here I am.

I'm French; sadly, the only two languages I can speak somewhat competently are English and French. My current projects is trying to put together the mess of assorted conworlding and conlanging notes I've accumulated throughout the years into a coherent whole.
I thought that username looked familiar. Welcome to the CBB [:)]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Welcome, Arlande!
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome to the board, Arlande!
Arlande
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Arlande »

Thanks, everyone!
fruityloops
cuneiform
cuneiform

It has been awhile

Post by fruityloops »

Never knew I'll be coming back to this forum. Hey, if you don't know who I am, I'm fruity loops, creator of Ookraia. The last time people saw me was on a thread about why humans are in the center of most fantasy settings. Afterward, I went inactive for months until now. Things have changed after I left. For one thing, I made several new race pictures for my setting, redid my shamans a bit, and in the process of doing a mini comic. Don't know when that might be done though.

So I hope you give me a warm welcome back after all this time.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: It has been awhile

Post by elemtilas »

fruityloops wrote: 12 Jul 2018 18:28 Never knew I'll be coming back to this forum. Hey, if you don't know who I am, I'm fruity loops, creator of Ookraia. The last time people saw me was on a thread about why humans are in the center of most fantasy settings. Afterward, I went inactive for months until now. Things have changed after I left. For one thing, I made several new race pictures for my setting, redid my shamans a bit, and in the process of doing a mini comic. Don't know when that might be done though.

It's not been that long!

But it's good to see you're still working on your projects and hopefully will tell us about the updates!
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Re: It has been awhile

Post by Lambuzhao »

elemtilas wrote: 12 Jul 2018 20:37
fruityloops wrote: 12 Jul 2018 18:28 Never knew I'll be coming back to this forum. Hey, if you don't know who I am, I'm fruity loops, creator of Ookraia. The last time people saw me was on a thread about why humans are in the center of most fantasy settings. Afterward, I went inactive for months until now. Things have changed after I left. For one thing, I made several new race pictures for my setting, redid my shamans a bit, and in the process of doing a mini comic. Don't know when that might be done though.

It's not been that long!

But it's good to see you're still working on your projects and hopefully will tell us about the updates!
Welcome back, fruityloops!

May your confolk and conworld continue to spiral and gain momentum & detail
through the boundlessness of your imagination!
Herra Ratatoskr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Herra Ratatoskr »

As I've been posting here for a bit, I figured I'd stop in here and say hi. I'm Herra Ratatoskr, and if you were active on the ZBB a few years back you may have seen me pop up every now and then (usually posting in threads about a posteriori languages, Germanic languages, or my own stuff).

My main thing I've been working on is my (10+ year old) conlang West Saxon and it's accompanying alt-history, that of a Saxon successor to Wessex existing beside a Normanized England and it's more conservative sister language to Modern English. Sadly West Saxon has been stuck in revision hell for some time now as I learned more about Late West Saxon and Early Southwestern Middle English, so most stuff I've posted elsewhere (mainly on the ZBB) is now at least somewhat out of date.

I'm at a point where I feel comfortable saying "ok, no more revisions" and can work on actually organizing what I've got spread through many different notebooks and text files into something a bit more concrete, which I hope to be putting up here in the near future. I'll warn y'all that this isn't the first time I've felt WS was "stable" like this, so I can't promise I won't go revising the crap out of it again, but I'll at least try to resist that urge [;)]
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome, Herra Ratatoskr!
Herra Ratatoskr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Herra Ratatoskr »

Thanks!
J Reggie
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by J Reggie »

Hi all! I just found this site in my random searching about conlangs. I have a language called Mýr that I've been working on sparsely for about 4 years. It's an agglutinating language with a kind of VS structure and no clear concept of object. It still doesn't have much of a lexicon, but the grammar is pretty developed. It's part of what I suppose you could call a conworld, although the idea behind it is complicated and it could theoretically exist in an alternate timeline. A friend of mine who actually studied linguistics said what I've done is I've split up the theta values of the language. I'd be interested to see what kind of feedback people here have.

I'm a musician, and a lot of what I know about linguistics came from an amazing Music and Language course I took in college, as well as lots of time spent on Wikipedia. Aside from English, I speak a little bit of German and just started Duolingo for Chinese (mainly just to see what this Duolingo thing was that everyone was using). It'd be cool if they added more conlangs to that. Hopefully being part of this forum will inspire me to work more on my language so I can make a thread about it. I've been having fun reading about all these cool languages people here have created.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome to the CBB!
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

J Reggie wrote: 05 Sep 2018 16:45 Hi all! I just found this site in my random searching about conlangs. I have a language called Mýr that I've been working on sparsely for about 4 years. It's an agglutinating language with a kind of VS structure and no clear concept of object. It still doesn't have much of a lexicon, but the grammar is pretty developed. It's part of what I suppose you could call a conworld, although the idea behind it is complicated and it could theoretically exist in an alternate timeline. A friend of mine who actually studied linguistics said what I've done is I've split up the theta values of the language. I'd be interested to see what kind of feedback people here have.

I'm a musician, and a lot of what I know about linguistics came from an amazing Music and Language course I took in college, as well as lots of time spent on Wikipedia. Aside from English, I speak a little bit of German and just started Duolingo for Chinese (mainly just to see what this Duolingo thing was that everyone was using). It'd be cool if they added more conlangs to that. Hopefully being part of this forum will inspire me to work more on my language so I can make a thread about it. I've been having fun reading about all these cool languages people here have created.
Where can I find and read and consider your syntax and morphology and lexical semantics of your conlang that splits up theta values differently than (some or most or all?) natlangs do?
Because I’ve been thinking (worrying?) that my conlang Arpien does that. And I don’t know whether that’s good or bad, or what to do about it either way.
I think Lojban, and possibly to a lesser degree Esperanto and even BASIC English, might also be said to do something sorta like some such thing; wonder if you think so too?
Gluestick
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Gluestick »

Hello! i joined a while ago but only now found out about this thread, oops. I don’t exactly remember how I came about this forum :^)
I go by either Gluestick or Breadon, whichever sounds better to you. I fluently speak Lithuanian and English, am intermediate in Korean and Russian and at a beginner level in Mandarin Chinese and Japanese.
As for conlanging, I do it on and off, whenever I get that sudden burst of creativity. Have been doing it for a year approximately, my little projects may not be that good but at least they’re fun.

I never know how to write a proper conclusion therefore there isn’t one.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

A belated welcome to the board!
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Gluestick wrote: 02 Jan 2019 00:59In conclusion, I never know how to write a proper conclusion therefore there isn’t one.
FTFY [:P]

Welcome, Gluestick. You having fun with your conlangs is the important bit; that's pretty much what it's all about for most of us. [:)]