Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by Lambuzhao »

Ossicone wrote: a shoe-elf lang.

Shoe-elven
:?: :!:

Spoken by the nocturnal helpers of the proverbial Shoemaker???
I bet it's got a lot of "sole" to it.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Lambuzhao wrote:
Ossicone wrote: a shoe-elf lang.
Shoe-elven
:?: :!:
The forum thread is here.
The website is also here. But the lang is defunct.

@Xnenai: Welcome!
You might want to check out this thread. Scroll down and there and instructions for adding tables to posts.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Lady Luxio the Enencumbered, Omniscient beyond Reproach, Wise beyond Wisdom; Whiter than Snow, Hotter than Fire:

Your words rain down upon us as a shower of sweet-meats and marzipan!

Gracias~
Leo
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Leo »

Lambuzhao wrote:Yet another long-lost Ur-Conlang (we have a thread about that here) [:'(]
I have so many lost conlangs, of the really lost kind... The hazy memory of them makes me feel... guilty...

Welcome Afeez and Xnenai!

I realize I haven't really introduced myself. I spotted a few members here who might remember me from long-gone years at the ZBB and the CWBB. My main conworld was the Osara cosmos and its quintillions of languages, and I also had a bizarre language called Kinetic. When I resume conworlding I'll show you my latest creation, an alternate prehistoric Earth on which the Pacific ocean is a huge archipelago of zillions of islands. I only speak French, English and Spanish. But I fiddle, of course, with dozens of languages, mainly Asian and European ones. Well, that's it. See you in the threads ^^
decem
greek
greek

Post by decem »

Last edited by decem on 12 Dec 2012 18:40, edited 2 times in total.
[tick] : :gbr: | [:D] : :deu: :fra: | [:S] : :esp: :ita: :bra: | conlang sxarihe
Alice
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Alice »

Hi folks~

My name is Alice and I just recently discovered the wonderful world of conlanging. My hobbies include reading, writing and roleplay and I am very much in love with history, anthropology and languages. I have a strong fascination for creating conworlds and cultures but so far my thoughts about languages started and ended with a few common phrases in a given country and I feel like finally changing that and delve fully into the matter.

My mother tongue is German and I speak English fluently. I also understand a little French, Italian and Japanese.

I am currently working on my first conlang so I have quite a few questions, some rather noobish some maybe not, so I hope you can bear with me :)
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Alice wrote:Hi folks~

My name is Alice and I just recently discovered the wonderful world of conlanging. My hobbies include reading, writing and roleplay and I am very much in love with history, anthropology and languages. I have a strong fascination for creating conworlds and cultures but so far my thoughts about languages started and ended with a few common phrases in a given country and I feel like finally changing that and delve fully into the matter.

My mother tongue is German and I speak English fluently. I also understand a little French, Italian and Japanese.

I am currently working on my first conlang so I have quite a few questions, some rather noobish some maybe not, so I hope you can bear with me :)
Hi! Welcome. What kind of roleplaying?
Alice
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Alice »

Thakowsaizmu wrote:Hi! Welcome. What kind of roleplaying?
I started out with tabletop some years back, playing DnD at the university as well as DSA (a German rp system), but occasionally I play online if I find an interesting setting. Although I started out with dungeons and dragons I have to admit I am increasingly bored with elves and dwarfs and races resembling European cultures so I am a little picky. That said I am picky about my writing partners too (I really enjoy a good plot and reasonable characters) so I mostly play with friends to test drive our conworlds these days.

How about you?
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Hi Alice, welcome to the board!

Curious you mention roleplaying: I've been considering trying to set up a PbP game of Microscope here on the board. Would you be interested?
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Alice wrote:...DnD at the university as well as DSA...

How about you?
I started with AD&D a long while back. I still play D&D now and then (usually Pathfinder). I have looked at DSA and know about it. I have some of the books DLed, but unfortunately my German isn't as great as it should be, so actually trying the game is a little difficult, hehe.

As for what I play, too numerous to say. I do table top as well as online (though never really PbP). Mostly table top though. And I own a tonne of games, and have played more than that, hehe. Currently I am having fun running Savage Worlds, and learning how to play Shadowrun.
Alice
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Alice »

Micamo wrote:Hi Alice, welcome to the board!

Curious you mention roleplaying: I've been considering trying to set up a PbP game of Microscope here on the board. Would you be interested?
Hey :)

I have no idea what Microscope is, so I feel a bit hesitant to just say yes, but in general I wouldn’t mind to test play. Do you have a wiki or thread where I can read up on your world?

Thakowsaizmu wrote:I started with AD&D a long while back. I still play D&D now and then (usually Pathfinder). I have looked at DSA and know about it. I have some of the books DLed, but unfortunately my German isn't as great as it should be, so actually trying the game is a little difficult, hehe.

As for what I play, too numerous to say. I do table top as well as online (though never really PbP). Mostly table top though. And I own a tonne of games, and have played more than that, hehe. Currently I am having fun running Savage Worlds, and learning how to play Shadowrun.
My DSA version is really outdated, but if you have questions about some of the texts let me know. Maybe I can help out here or there :)

I heard much good about Savage Worlds, has a nice system - or so I was told. I never tried Shadowrun. I have done some WOD on occasion, but I am a bit tired of it right now. Some years ago I would have never thought vampires would become the new elves, hehe.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Alice wrote:My DSA version is really outdated, but if you have questions about some of the texts let me know. Maybe I can help out here or there :)

I heard much good about Savage Worlds, has a nice system - or so I was told. I never tried Shadowrun. I have done some WOD on occasion, but I am a bit tired of it right now. Some years ago I would have never thought vampires would become the new elves, hehe.
Hehe, I have some hundred and fifty WoD books, and I understand exactly what you mean about Vampires becoming the new Elves.

Savage Worlds is pretty nice, it's very simple and easy to run right out of the box. Plus the core book is really cheap, so that is a huge plus. I haven't really played any of their settings (I tend to prefer my own, hehe), but the system itself has so far worked for Fantasy, Modern Horror, Modern Sci-Fi and Space Opera with pretty much zero adjusting to force it to fit the given setting. It will never replace some of the other games I enjoy as the only game I play, but it works nicely for a lot of genres with little effort.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Alice wrote:I have no idea what Microscope is, so I feel a bit hesitant to just say yes, but in general I wouldn’t mind to test play. Do you have a wiki or thread where I can read up on your world?
Microscope is a worldbuilding game. You jump along the timeline (and the map), determining how historical events play out along the way (often zooming down to the level of an individual character, which is where the roleplaying part comes in). Though I'll have to modify it a bit to make it work for the PbP format: like the turn/phase structure and allowing only dictated scenes.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Alice
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Alice »

Thakowsaizmu wrote:Hehe, I have some hundred and fifty WoD books, and I understand exactly what you mean about Vampires becoming the new Elves.

Savage Worlds is pretty nice, it's very simple and easy to run right out of the box. Plus the core book is really cheap, so that is a huge plus. I haven't really played any of their settings (I tend to prefer my own, hehe), but the system itself has so far worked for Fantasy, Modern Horror, Modern Sci-Fi and Space Opera with pretty much zero adjusting to force it to fit the given setting. It will never replace some of the other games I enjoy as the only game I play, but it works nicely for a lot of genres with little effort.
Oh, wow. I don’t have quite that many. What I like about WOD is the pool system as long as you don’t have to roll too many dice. It is very intuitive finding the right attribute to go with a skill for a given task.

I will have to look into Savage Worlds eventually when I get a stable table top round again. Right now all my old partners are busy with work or family so it is a bit slow going. I rarely ever play existing settings either and I feel other players enjoy playing something custom tailored over the standard countries.

Micamo wrote:Microscope is a worldbuilding game. You jump along the timeline (and the map), determining how historical events play out along the way (often zooming down to the level of an individual character, which is where the roleplaying part comes in). Though I'll have to modify it a bit to make it work for the PbP format: like the turn/phase structure and allowing only dictated scenes.
Hmmm, I never heard about it then. Just looked over the link you provided and I does look rather fascinating. I would very much like to jump in once you worked out the format :) Just let me know when you want to start and if I can help you with something.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

So guys, I've been wanting to try out some sort of roleplaying for a while but I keep running into the problem of collecting enough friends who can meet at the same time.
Is there somewhere on the internet for me to try it out?
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Be very careful checking it out on the internet. It can take you to very dark places. Very dark.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Yeah. That's why I was hoping for some suggestions. [:S]
Alice
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Alice »

It is hard to make suggestions :) There are a lot of different genres and even systems. I would have suggested the site I used to play on, but it went offline some half year ago and I have not playing much online since.
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

I recall one, at druchii.net, designed for fans of Warhammer's druchii that essentially forced you to play as one of the 3 point troops normally used by players as cannon fodder. Unless you were hosting a game yourself though, it was unlikely you'd get to play.
Last edited by Ànradh on 13 Dec 2012 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Ossicone wrote:So guys, I've been wanting to try out some sort of roleplaying for a while but I keep running into the problem of collecting enough friends who can meet at the same time.
Is there somewhere on the internet for me to try it out?
Alas, Domhantir used to have a notable roleplaying contingent, but it is presently offline. Woe!

(Incidentally, if you do find a place, mind letting me know too? I've been itching for some manner of collaborative storytelling/rp game as well, so if you find a quality group I'd love to check it out.)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。