Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Nascenticity
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by Nascenticity »

Hi, I'm Nascenticity. I remember lurking around here years ago so now I'm actually working on my project again I thought I'd sign up. I feel like I'm still a bit of a beginner so we'll see how it goes.
To boldly conworld where no one has conworlded before.

Digital art commissions
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Nascenticity wrote:Hi, I'm Nascenticity. I remember lurking around here years ago so now I'm actually working on my project again I thought I'd sign up. I feel like I'm still a bit of a beginner so we'll see how it goes.
Welcome!
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Nascenticity wrote:Hi, I'm Nascenticity. I remember lurking around here years ago so now I'm actually working on my project again I thought I'd sign up. I feel like I'm still a bit of a beginner so we'll see how it goes.
hello OuO welcome to show off your conlangs when they are finished (:
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
magicmetal03
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by magicmetal03 »

Hi. My name is magicmetal03. I speak English(obiously) and I speak Mandarin. I hope I have a fun time here. [:D]
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

magicmetal03 wrote:Hi. My name is magicmetal03. I speak English(obiously) and I speak Mandarin. I hope I have a fun time here. [:D]
Welcome! I hope so, too!
Ebon
sinic
sinic

Post by Ebon »

magicmetal03 wrote:Hi. My name is magicmetal03. I speak English(obiously) and I speak Mandarin. I hope I have a fun time here. [:D]
Welcome. [:)]
magicmetal03
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by magicmetal03 »

Ebon wrote:
Welcome. [:)]
Thank you for your kind welcome.
Auvon
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Auvon »

I'm Auvon. I'm fairly active on /r/conlangs. Native language English,non other ones to a presentable level.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Auvon wrote:I'm Auvon. I'm fairly active on /r/conlangs. Native language English,non other ones to a presentable level.
Welcome!
lili21
inactive user

Post by lili21 »

Hi everyone, I'm lili21 and I have been active on some Facebook conlang groups (all of those I know) for more than a year now and also on CWS for a few months. I often visited and read these forums but I decided only today to join somewhat more actively, I have been conlanging for some years now and also have some pretty detailed conhistories and conworld things so I'm not starting from scratch but there's surely something more I need to learn [:)]
I paroll d'on lenguagg, car sur Gorell / hinn ona tavolozza de color / che ponn fà el quader brutt, e 'l ponn fà bell / segond la maestria del pittor. (Carlo Porta)
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Hello! Welcome to the CBB.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

lili21 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm lili21 and I have been active on some Facebook conlang groups (all of those I know) for more than a year now and also on CWS for a few months. I often visited and read these forums but I decided only today to join somewhat more actively, I have been conlanging for some years now and also have some pretty detailed conhistories and conworld things so I'm not starting from scratch but there's surely something more I need to learn [:)]
Welcome to the board!
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

lili21 wrote:I have been conlanging for some years now and also have some pretty detailed conhistories and conworld things
Please start spilling the beans about your histories and your world(s)!
so I'm not starting from scratch but there's surely something more I need to learn [:)]
Truly, this will also be the case ten, twenty and forty years from now!

Oh yeah... welcome!
Ilaeriu
sinic
sinic

Post by Ilaeriu »

Hi guys, I'm ilaeriu. I'm not really new to CBB -- in fact I've technically been on CBB since just before CBB moved to be hosted on this particular site six (!!) years ago. But I sadly gradually stopped posting and conworlding about five-ish years ago, until today I had a sudden longing for my old conlangs and conscripts and everything.

So I'm back, for now! Feel free to go through my old stuff, although I'm really disappointed I hosted all my images on imageshack because now none of the links are valid anymore and I can't see what my old conscripts look like. I might be posting new stuff too, or at least new additions to my conworld of Alyrica. I'll also be working a lot on the natlangs that I've been practicing since then.

It's also nice to see that a lot of the familiar faces that were active when I was active five years ago are still here. Good to see all of you :) What I always loved about CBB was the sense of community it provided for people from around the world with such a niche interest to connect with one another.

(in order of proficiency from greatest to least)
Native :eng: | Fluent :tgl: | Learning :esp: · :kor: · :zho: · :qbc: | Want to learn :lat: · :jpn: · :ara:
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Ilaeriu wrote:Hi guys, I'm ilaeriu. I'm not really new to CBB -- in fact I've technically been on CBB since just before CBB moved to be hosted on this particular site six (!!) years ago. But I sadly gradually stopped posting and conworlding about five-ish years ago, until today I had a sudden longing for my old conlangs and conscripts and everything.

So I'm back, for now! Feel free to go through my old stuff, although I'm really disappointed I hosted all my images on imageshack because now none of the links are valid anymore and I can't see what my old conscripts look like. I might be posting new stuff too, or at least new additions to my conworld of Alyrica. I'll also be working a lot on the natlangs that I've been practicing since then.

It's also nice to see that a lot of the familiar faces that were active when I was active five years ago are still here. Good to see all of you :) What I always loved about CBB was the sense of community it provided for people from around the world with such a niche interest to connect with one another.
Welcome back!

With the images thing, it's a darn shame they've been lost, but then that's why you save local copies onto your computer/phone/whatever that's not online. It's even more of a shame because judging by your profile picture they look nice.
Rafael the Dude
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Rafael the Dude »

Hello, I am Rafael.

This forum seems cool. I love this art of creating languages. I speak portuguese, english and a bit of spanish.

Hi all!
KpTroopaFR
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by KpTroopaFR »

Hi there ! The name's KpTroopaFR ! I really like this site, it's the first thing I found that allowed to share my conlangs, and god knows how many ideas I got.
I really like AltHistory, mostly mapping (check TheFutureOfEuropes wikia if you don't know what that is), I'm interested in micronations, too (heck I even founded one) and of course conlangs (my favourite writing system is abugida ! [:P]).
I'm still in middle school (well the french equivalent) and in my country I'm in what would be french 10th grade I suppose ? I also try to focus on my studies, and all the shenanigans I do online are just a hobby.
Valdorian Alphabet
Evynova
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Evynova »

Howdy! My name's Mathias.

I've been interested in foreign languages for as long as I can remember, however conlanging is a rather new interest of mine. As far as conworlds are concerned, I remember how my young self, obsessed with sci-fi, used to make up entire worlds and stories in my heads. I guess I should have written them down haha, perhaps I could have used them as a basis for something more concrete now!
I currently have 2, still unnamed conlangs in progress, which I've had in mind for months. I have only finalised the phonology of one of them, the other one's phonology, I still need to finish. I'm not progressing and that's partly my fault, I'm not committed enough I suppose. Nevertheless, I will not give up on them and I hope to finish them and at least be relatively fluent in at least one of them.

I'm really happy to have found this forum and I hope to meet interesting people, learn lots of stuff and possibly get some inspiration on here :D
LazarettoKiddo
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by LazarettoKiddo »

Hello, all! I'm LazarettoKiddo, and I'm starting work on several conlangs for my as-of-yet untitled novel series (temp title, Gulderne), a fantasy saga with Western elements, crystal magic, chakra manipulation, and humanoid beast races.

I speak English as my native tongue, I'm learning French, Russian, Norwegian, Swedish, Lakhota, and Kildin Sami.

I look forward to learning whatever I can, and meeting all of you wonderful folks!
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval »

With that name I was surprised at the lack of Italian in your list. [:P]
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.