Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by eldin raigmore »

Rheddie wrote: .... New here but not a new conlanger ....
Can you tell us a bit about some of your conlangs, conworlds, concultures, and conpeoples?
Maybe some links to the threads where you've posted some of that?
Rheddie
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Rheddie »

eldin raigmore wrote:
Rheddie wrote: .... New here but not a new conlanger ....
Can you tell us a bit about some of your conlangs, conworlds, concultures, and conpeoples?
Maybe some links to the threads where you've posted some of that?
Yes, I will! I just need some time to type things up into a readable form.

Thanks for your interest!
ωqések zusada axbuqev́ : cuaqek cuaqzaént epbióv́
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Rheddie wrote:Yes, I will! I just need some time to type things up into a readable form.
Take your time. No pressure ...
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

eldin raigmore wrote:
Rheddie wrote:Yes, I will! I just need some time to type things up into a readable form.
Take your time. No pressure ...
[+1] [+1] [+1]
Ivoshafen
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Ivoshafen »

Hallo, new to the site but not to worldbuilding as a whole. I have been dabbling around for some time, with a wake of scrapped projects behind me, before I was directed here from alternatehistory.com
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Ivoshafen wrote:Hallo, new to the site but not to worldbuilding as a whole. I have been dabbling around for some time, with a wake of scrapped projects behind me, before I was directed here from alternatehistory.com
Welcome!
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Greetings to you! From the althist forum you say? Fascinating! I'm guessing your interest is mainly in a posteriori languages then?
GamerGeek
sinic
sinic

Post by GamerGeek »

Ivoshafen wrote:Hallo, new to the site but not to worldbuilding as a whole. I have been dabbling around for some time, with a wake of scrapped projects behind me, before I was directed here from alternatehistory.com
Wait a minute...
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome!
GamerGeek wrote: Wait a minute...
What?
GamerGeek
sinic
sinic

Post by GamerGeek »

shimobaatar wrote:
GamerGeek wrote: Wait a minute...
What?
Ivoshafen (AltHist) wrote:
GamerGeek (AltHist) wrote:You would bode well on the CBB
Why did no one tell me.
mrToast98
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by mrToast98 »

Hey! I've been into conlanging for a while now, just a matter of time before i found this site really.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

mrToast98 wrote:Hey! I've been into conlanging for a while now, just a matter of time before i found this site really.
Welcome to the CBB!
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Welcome welcome!
annelyle
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by annelyle »

Hi, another new member but long-time conlanger here! If you count my teenage dabblings I've probably been conlanging longer than most of you guys have been on the planet, but I didn't get into it in a serious way until I discovered the LCK circa 1999-2000. IRL I only speak English fluently, though I studied French, German and Latin at school and have picked up a few fragments of Spanish, Italian, Japanese, etc along the way.

In recent years I've been creating conlangs for my novels - two of them (plus an English-lexed pidgin) appear in my alt history Elizabethan fantasy trilogy, which you can find out more about on my website. There's some background information on my conworld there as well as sketches of both languages, aimed mainly at non-conlanging readers hence brief and simplistic (though the example sentences do have glosses [:D] )

I'm hoping to put more detailed information up at conlang.org eventually, as well as uploading some sound files - my novels are also available as audiobooks, and I think the narrator actually pronounces them better than I do! (Being English, I never could get the hang of a rolled 'r')
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Welcome welcome! I'm looking at your languages and it is quite clear that you are definitely not a noob! Even if the phonology does still look a tad European (though it's not wholly constrained to that by any means!), I do like the looks of them. However, for the phonology, could I kindly request that you give use a chart in IPA (not many of use use or understand X-Sampa nowadays now that we have Unicode), rather than just a pronunciation guide (which you may still want to include, given that this is the website for your novel series). I am quite interested to hear the sound samples: I'd be thrilled if the narrator was able to properly pronounce the uvulars and the lateral fricative!
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Indeed, welcome to the CBB!
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

annelyle wrote:Hi, another new member but long-time conlanger here! ....
Welcome!
annelyle
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by annelyle »

Frislander wrote:Welcome welcome! I'm looking at your languages and it is quite clear that you are definitely not a noob! Even if the phonology does still look a tad European (though it's not wholly constrained to that by any means!),
That's pretty deliberate in my current conlangs - because they're specifically for use in mainstream fantasy novels, my intent is for Anglophones to be able to have a fair stab at them, so I don't see the point in using a lot of non-European sounds. If I were making an artlang purely for my own enjoyment, it might be a different matter!
Frislander wrote: I do like the looks of them. However, for the phonology, could I kindly request that you give use a chart in IPA (not many of use use or understand X-Sampa nowadays now that we have Unicode), rather than just a pronunciation guide (which you may still want to include, given that this is the website for your novel series)
Absolutely. I'm well aware of the modern preference for IPA, but those conlangs predate widespread browser support for Unicode, and I've been too busy with other stuff to update my website lately.
Frislander wrote: I am quite interested to hear the sound samples: I'd be thrilled if the narrator was able to properly pronounce the uvulars and the lateral fricative!
I'm not sure he went quite that far - I wasn't asked for a pronunciation guide before the recording, so the poor guy had to do his best based on the romanisation. That said he did a terrific job, which suggests that my strategy for the phonology worked!
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

annelyle wrote:Hi, another new member but long-time conlanger here! If you count my teenage dabblings I've probably been conlanging longer than most of you guys have been on the planet, but I didn't get into it in a serious way until I discovered the LCK circa 1999-2000.
I think there are some of us with invented languages older than most folks hereabouts!

Welcome, and hope to see you around the place more!
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

elemtilas wrote:I think there are some of us with invented languages older than most folks hereabouts!
We will enter the month of the fortieth anniversary of my conlang ...
Welcome old chap !