Weird Dream Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Weird Dream Thread

Post by Lao Kou »

Lambuzhao wrote:That's what you get for eating spicy meatballs before going to bed [xP]
"Mamma Mia, that's a spicy meatball!"
Spoiler:
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Exactamundo!

[+1] [xP] *urp*
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Lambuzhao wrote:That's what you get for eating spicy meatballs before going to bed [xP]
I did have meatballs the day before.
Lambuzhao wrote:Was the Mayor's secretary there? Did Professor Utonium put some kind of medicine/chemical in the meatballs that he was trying to make Mayor Merkel (great name for a character, btw) munch down?
No and no. I don't remember much beyond what I wrote. I think there was a TV nearby, though I don't know what was on.
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Today's napping dream was a two-parter. The description is a lot longer than I intended; just trying to get everything down before I forget it.

I was in some sort of immersive simulation of a tech company. I explored a hall and came upon a room with a lot of workstations and employees in it. Each workstation had a computer with a video game console hooked up to it. Many of the consoles were Xboxes, but others were imaginary, with X-prefixed names. For instance, I think one was called the X-Explore. I remember a light pastel color palette associated with it, whether on the console itself or on the screen of the computer it was connected to. I saw a man furtively leaving an office, so after he left, I went into the room and saw a pull-down stairway to the attic had been left open. I went up the stairway, but as I reached the attic, a small sign next to the top of the stairway lit up and I heard fire engine sirens below me. I leaned toward the sign to read it because it was quite small; it read "Austin [or "Texas"?] Fire Department called". I was really annoyed and asked aloud why there couldn't be a warning at the bottom of the stairs that an alarm would go off. I noticed a very small black button on the side of the sign and pressed that. The sign darkened, but the sirens continued to blare. I didn't want to be caught, so I woke up.

I quickly went back to sleep. I was in a different, more spacious building. My dad was at the front to pick me up and had just let me know he was there. I walked to the front. I was wearing a suit with a bowtie, but the bowtie was partly undone and I had left my shoes at the entrance, so I looked a little disheveled. My dad was waiting for me with an older man I didn't recognize, and I felt embarrassed to have the man see me in this state. I put on my shoes and we went outside. At that point, my dad and the man continued on, but I was approached by an unknown woman. She quickly began invading my personal space, asking me questions. I tried to remain calm, and simply repeated, "Madam, please leave". It occurred to me that she might be trying to pickpocket me, so I felt inside my pockets as she continued harassing me. My phone and wallet were still there. Then, a man came up behind the woman and knocked her out. She fell on the ground, dropping several things. It turned out she had pickpocketed me, as the things were mine. There were two mechanical pencils, and possibly other things that I don't remember. One of the pencils I've recently started carrying regularly and the other I've recently stopped carrying because it's broken. I was confused both because I was apparently carrying two pencils, not one like normal, and because I was carrying the broken one. I picked up my things and thanked the man. As I left I made a point of picking up two pieces of lead that had fallen out of the pencils.

I joined up with my father again - the man who had been with him was gone - and we ended up in a theater lobby. It was quite large; I think the carpeting was red with gold accents. There were two sets of oversized double doors leading into the main theater. My father and I joined a long line that led into the doors farther away from us. We were at the end of the line, near the other set of doors. I tried to explain to my father the pickpocketing incident and showed him the things the woman had stolen. Along with the pencils, I was holding my diary; this greatly confused me because my diary is much too large to fit in a pocket and I didn't remember picking it up. (At that point I was probably closest to realizing I was dreaming.) Much to my annoyance, my dad didn't seem to care about that; when I finished talking, he started talking about the show we were going to see, which was some kind of opera. At that point, I heard a man's voice singing opera in Russian inside the theater.

The doors opened then, or they were already open, and the line started to move. The singing in Russian stopped either at that point or soon after. My dad left the line and tried to enter the double doors that were nearest us, but an usher stopped him and sent him back to the line, where he rejoined me, and which was starting to move much faster; we were nearing a run. The line was arranged so it passed the farther-away set of doors then made a 180º turn and entered them. I was annoyed when I noticed that some people skipped that turn and went straight into the doors as they passed. I obediently went through the turn, but the doors closed just as I reached them. I tried to open one of the doors, but when it didn't open at first, I worried it was locked. It turned out to be unlocked, just much heavier than I expected. I got the door to open once, but lost my grip, and it shut again. The second try, I managed to lug the door fully open and entered the theater.

The theater was a cavernous space, with a steep decline toward the stage. The leader of a Francophone organization in my area was giving a speech on the stage, which I found strange. Why would a Francophone community figure be introducing a Russian opera? I went past several rows of seats looking for my father when I came upon a young woman, who was supposed to be an acquaintance of mine, but she actually looked like Lindsay Lohan. She was sleeping in her seat, but woke up to talk to me briefly. I was about to sit down with her, but she pointed out my father a few rows down. I said I would sit with him, and she said she was going back to sleep. She said there had been a short film and a main feature before the opera that was about to show. I was confused by that and went to join my father. I don't remember what happened afterward.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Earlier this week I had a dream that I think would be quite good horror story material.

Although I wrote it down in a way that kind of separated myself from the description, but here it is:
There is some ghostly demonic creature that haunts an apartment complex consisting of 8 buildings each with 40 floors. It relies solely on its hearing and nightvision and is a very physical creature which means that it can't pass through walls. This means that if you're in your home with the doors locked then you are safe for the night. otherwise if it sees you it will attack you and kill you. There is no trace of its victims, so people never know whether they were killed by the creature or simply up and left in fear.

It is only active at night, when the lights in the apartment complex turn off. The lights turn off at 6pm and don't turn on again until 6am. It is most active at midnight and likely to be encountered at that time than at all other times. It is not always encountered even at midnight because it shifts from building to building and floor to floor. Flashlights or any sort of artificial light aside from the lights of the apartment complex do not affect the creature. Although each building has an elevator, people do not use it after 6pm because the elevators are noisy and attract the attention of the creature. The apartment complex does have staff that maintain the apartments as well as answer questions, however, they are suspiciously never around when the residents inquire about the creature.

The creature makes a very audible noise at all times of the night that is carried in such a way that you can hear it in each building throughout each building and that you cannot determine from which direction it is coming from or how far or near the creature is. However, people with incredibly good hearing can tell whether the creature is a floor above, on the same floor, or a floor below.

As for the residents; the city is very expensive to live in, but there are a lot of poor people who work paycheck to paycheck, so they are often forced to live at these apartments because they can't afford to move anywhere else. The apartments themselves, like the rest of the city, are very luxurious and high in quality. Of course, because of their reputation, they are rented out at astoundingly low prices. Most of the inhabitants try to make it home before 6pm, although many, due to circumstances like travel and shift times, require them to arrive home past 6pm as late as midnight. For them, every day is like playing Russian roulette. Strategies that residents have used to survive the complex have included travelling in parties, establishing "safehouses" on each floor, and the use of nightvision goggles. However, the creature is adaptive and good at tricking its victims...

You're a new inhabitant of this complex and you are visibly and understandably fearful, especially since you're work ends at 11pm and it takes you an hour to drive home. To add to your fears, the lock to your door is broken and you can't seem to get the staff to fix it, so you wonder if blocking the door with things will help.
You ask an older resident about the creature, and he told you all these things about it. For some reason you decide to investigate why it exists.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Creepy!

Sounds a tiny bit of a (lamer) nightmare I had recently. I was attending a high school reunion wherein we rented out this old mansion that is used as a bed-n-breakfast. Trouble was, it was also the hideout for these three creepy men (one looked like Kowalski from Ren & Stimpy, another looked like Deep Roy (y'know, freaky Twin Peaks 'dancing man' riff) and another was this overweight guy with very well-groomed hair who more or less looked like one of the chefs from the L'il Nightmares game. They were three serial killers who worked together to methodically drug (Deep Roy, with a clownishly huge syringe), rape and bash the skulls (Kowalski with a nail/chain studded baseball bat) of their victims, and later hand them up all wrapped in butcher paper, dangling from the ceiling.

This happened to a bunch of my friends, one by one. It was creepy and sad, but I was managing to out-dodge these dodgy types.

But here's something for you, Ahzoh. One of the people at my reunion was Lindsay Lohan (whom IMHO I despise, do not find attractive at all). She was also surviving in this way. She would cozen all up to some male former-classmate, one whom she knew had a crush on her, and would work her wiles on him, telling him he ought to protect her, an promised him that she'd reward him once they escaped. The milquetoasts would inevitably fall for it, and, at the moment that the three murderers would be about to strike, Lohan would tell them to take the guy as a peace offering, and, if they let her go, she'd make a movie of this, and make them secret partners. Apparently, they would let her go, and do their worst to the poor fella'.

My suggestion, if you make your nightmare into a script, is maybe one of the tenants survives by pretending to team up with others, only to offer them to the monster in exchange for freedom. ??

BTW, later on, Lindsay Lohan and I teamed up. She started her tricks on me, and, since I thought she was pretty fake in HS, I didn't see much change now. When we heard the murderers coming closer, I suggested that we split up, since that will divide the attackers and will better the chances of one of us surviving.

The chef chased me through a back alley, and I used Judo (which I do know in extra-oneiric life) to take him down, and I ran away.

Lindsay had the other two guys after her, but she somehow led them to this elaborate maze (maybe it was on the roof of the mansion?), and she was dressed just like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. She hunted down the two creeps, katanas blazing. I woke myself up, b/c I had had enough.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

I've been pretty sick lately. Usually when I have a fever, I have dreams of lazers shooting from the corners of the room, red lazers, to all over the other sides of the room. I think that they would burn me, but I try like hell to dodge them in the dark. I think the door to the bedroom is locked in those dreams.
Singular. Maniacal. Inescapable.

But recently, my fever-dream was about these unkillable (like in G-Mod) giant "5 de febrero" signs in a fuzzy distortion font and also unkillable groundhog images. They were glowing in the darkness, chasing me. "They don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming" (from Smashmouth 'Rock Star') was playing in the background, probably. But I was in a large dimly lit TRON-type landscape, running and trying to dodge these unkillables. All the while, I was annoyed as shit that whoever made this "game" apparently didn't know that Groundhog Day is February 2nd, not February 5th. ¡¡¡AY yay yay!!!

Singular. Maniacal. Inescapable. Wrong Dates.

"They don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming"
"
[:'(]
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Lambuzhao wrote:But recently, my fever-dream was about these unkillable (like in G-Mod) giant "5 de febrero" signs in a fuzzy distortion font and also unkillable groundhog images.

Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

elemtilas wrote:Image
A being with more to fear from Mike Tyson than most, I would say.
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Ànradh wrote:
elemtilas wrote:
Spoiler:
A being with more to fear from Mike Tyson than most, I would say.
I don't know, my friend . . . I bet if Mike Tyson found himself in the square circle with this fellow he'd be on the phone right quick to George Foreman looking for a job hawking grillers and panini presses!
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Lambuzhao wrote: 19 Oct 2017 23:30 I've been pretty sick lately. [.....]

But recently, my fever-dream was about these unkillable (like in G-Mod) giant "5 de febrero" signs in a fuzzy distortion font and also unkillable groundhog images. They were glowing in the darkness, chasing me. "They don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming" (from Smashmouth 'Rock Star') was playing in the background, probably. But I was in a large dimly lit TRON-type landscape, running and trying to dodge these unkillables. All the while, I was annoyed as shit that whoever made this "game" apparently didn't know that Groundhog Day is February 2nd, not February 5th. ¡¡¡AY yay yay!!!

Singular. Maniacal. Inescapable. Wrong Dates.

"
It's been a month ... I hope youre feeling better, and am glad that at the very least you got a dream you could share.

Fever dreams that I remember have been very pleasant, such that once, a few years ago, I couldnt even see the screen but I managed to get on my computer and type out the dream I'd had in Notepad and then upload it later so I could preserve it for my own memory.
(That's my favorite webcomic, but I'm not the author or in any way associated with it; i just happen to have also chosen it as my avatar.)
----------
Accessories qccessoires werfen
I dont have a computer by my bed anymore, so lately I havent been writing down my dreams. I used to have quite a dream diary going, and a couple of months ago I even had 12 distinct dreams in 6 days. This morning I had a dream that I could hover in the air by curling up into a fetal pose and then spinning slowly just above the ground. Apparently, quite a lot of peopel could do this ... perhaps 5% of the population, but most people didnt even know about it because it was a useless superpower ... i couldnt fly, just hover, and couldnt move while I was doing it. Even so, the people around me were interested to see me spinning because they weren't aware it was even possible.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

:wat:
LinguoFranco
greek
greek

Post by LinguoFranco »

I was hanging out at a fastfood restaurant (either a Hardee's or a Wendy's. I don't remember which.) Everything was normal until Batman entered and approached the counter. He was ordering something off the menu, and I wanted his autograph, but I end up deciding not to ask him. I look out the window to see the Batmobile parked and Robin is sitting in the front passenger's side and jamming to some music. Then, I see some thugs approach the Batmobile and try to break into it to steal it. Batman notices and rushes out to the parking lot, with the them song playing from the T.V. show that Adam West starred in. He and Robin start being up the thugs with the sound effect baloon things that show everytime they hit someone like in the old show.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

I dreamt that I played a game very similar to Sim City 3000 – what differed was that I could add extras (central heating for a few Simoleons, for example) to the buildings, which would improve the quality of life for my Sims.
Should I go to EA with this dream-derived idea?
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Egerius wrote: 06 Jan 2018 17:34 I dreamt that I played a game very similar to Sim City 3000 – what differed was that I could add extras (central heating for a few Simoleons, for example) to the buildings, which would improve the quality of life for my Sims.
Should I go to EA with this dream-derived idea?
My opinion? Yes.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Lambuzhao wrote: 19 Oct 2017 23:30 "They don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming" (from Smashmouth 'Rock Star') was playing in the background, probably.
"Rock Star"? I believe you mean "All Star".
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

I've never had the famous "teeth falling out" dream that a lot of people experience, but last night I had a dream where sand and small pebbles kept appearing in my mouth [O.O] And I kept spitting them out, but they kept forming. That was weird...and gross. Not sure what corner of my subconscious that came from...
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Maybe you were inspired by Ronald Weasley?

I dreamt that my wife was working in a kindergarden while we were on vacations. She said she was bored.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I dreamt that I watched a cartoon video someone had made of the Inner Bruise story. It was somewhat similar in style to Rocky and Bullwinkle. At first all I saw were White characters. It seemed every character looked White, with either blonde or brown hair, even the kids who were Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, etc. It was hard to tell who was who, just by the physical descriptions and dress. Finally I saw two African-American boys (Jeff and Kevin?), saying stereotypically "Black" things. Then I woke up.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
LinguistCat
sinic
sinic

Post by LinguistCat »

I dreamed that I was desperately looking for...

glittery makeup. Specifically lipstick and eyeliner. But nothing was properly glittery enough.

Then the next night I was parkouring around an abandoned school(?) that looked kind of dingy. There were some kind of monsters I was trying to avoid, but then I found a part of the school that was still in use and they were offering bus rides to the sun.