Weird Dream Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
H.Á.
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Weird Dream Thread

Post by H.Á. »

I had a dream about a blue gorilla... riding a unicorn... in my grandma's garden.

I wonder what my mind is trying to tell me.
hmeniajúsoin ázujum
onomatopoesia-INSTR potato

[laɪ̯f ɪz ɒːl̴ əˈbɐʊ̯t faɪ̯ndɪŋ pʰiːpl̩ wɪð ðə sɛɪ̯m ˈmɛn.təl dɪsˈɔː.də æz juː]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

H.Á. wrote:I had a dream about a blue gorilla... riding a unicorn... in my grandma's garden.

Miren de H.Á. ma-
It's question time. Sorry there's so many: we have three players, as well as the scene and you. I'm not a dream expert. I'm not picking your brain. You can write the answers, pm the answers, or just answer them to yourself.

1. Is your grandma alive or passed on?
2. What time of day was it in the dream (day/night)?
3. As far as you can tell, what season was it?
4. Were there many or few trees in the garden?
5. Vegetable or flower garden?
6. was the garden based on a real garden you've visited, or is it unrecognizable?
7. Is the garden very small/cramped or enormously expansive (more like an orchard)?
8. Was your grandma in the garden in the dream? If so, what was she doing (e.g. weeding, picking fruit)?
9. Was the garden enclosed by a fence or wall. If so, how open/partial was the fencing/wall?
10. Mountain or lowland gorilla?
11. Gorilla gorilla or man in a gorilla suit?
12. Dark blue or light blue?
13. Was the unicorn more like a stallion in size, or more like a pony/goat in size?
14. Color of the unicorn?
15. Was the horn whole or broken?
16. Were you 'physically" in the scene of the dream, or were you oneirically "floating" observing it all? If you were physically in the scene, what were you doing (e.g. weeding, picking fruit)?
17. Was the gorilla mounted bareback as a human, or only kind of hanging on precariously/squatting on haunches on the unicorn's back?
18. was the gorilla holding onto reins/clutching at the unicorn's mane/hair, or were its arms flailing about?
19. What was the gorilla's affect: angry, hooting happily, fearful, quiet and focused?
20. Was unicorn still or running about? If running, was it on a path or trampling plants/flowers?
21. Did the gorilla see/acknowledge you?
22. Did the gorilla brush against you, strike you, or touch you some other way?
23. Did the unicorn gouge you with its horn, brush against you, trample you, or interact with you in some other way?
24. Did the gorilla, unicorn or you interact at all with your grandma, if she was present in the dream?
25. Was it cloudy/rainy in the dream?
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Last night I dreamt that I was running through the city I live in.
But I wasn't running normally, but on all four, much like a rodent. I was running through a maze of people in the city center. I recall seeing my hands, normal, human hands, so I think that I was human in this dream. Then I woke up.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
dan3697
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by dan3697 »

H.Á. wrote:I had a dream about a blue gorilla... riding a unicorn... in my grandma's garden.

Well, according to Freud, it means that you are sexually incontinent due to an abnormal or strange relationship with your mother. You are also a sexual pervert and possibly a future rapist. Also, it was all your mother's fault. [xD]

Now, from a logical standpoint, it probably doesn't actually mean anything; either that, or your brain is trying to tell you that there's some freaky shit going on up there. If the latter, you might want to get that checked out.
My Conlangs: Vérédæntsk, Tagawaha, Слувидроватскиј, Dareqar, Matoran (reconstruction of the Bionicle language), Krndmaz, Þęndeś, Sutspiki, Gwornligh
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

Freud is perhaps the creepiest man ever. [D:]
nzk13
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by nzk13 »

dan3697 wrote:

Well, according to Freud, it means that you are sexually incontinent due to an abnormal or strange relationship with your mother. You are also a sexual pervert and possibly a future rapist. Also, it was all your mother's fault. [xD]
To quote Dr. Niles Crane: "While Frasier is a Freudian, I am a Jungian; so there'll be no blaming mother today." In this sentence, "mother" takes the accusative, btw.
Skribajon mean vi esas lektant, kar amiki.
Native: American English. Knows: some Hebrew/Judaeo-Aramaic, some Ido, bit of La Esperanton, a couple of Yiddish words, and bits and pieces of others.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

I had a dream about a computer game and a conworld, in wich large areas of land were unavailable (at first), due to political and ecologic reasons (a small region was labelled with a tooltip reading Do you really want to go there? and a great area in the mid south was deemed radioactive). With time, more and more land was available to expand my empire (Crusader's Kings, obviously, mangled with my conpeople).

A peninsula shaped like Italy was found in the extreme east, where Greece should have been, and a landmass in the west was shaped like the Spanish peninsula, but the border to "France" was that of Portugal. In the center, I saw Romania (or was it Poland?!) and numerous small countries (5× Andorra).
Sardinia was still stuck to Italy.

I remember blue and red infills for the countries, not much of the UI, but I couldn't decide between much land or access to the sea, fiddling around with the white cursor (I was playing this on Windows, supposedly).
Last edited by Egerius on 10 Feb 2014 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I once had a rather frightening dream about weird flying creatures that were trying to eat/kill my pet turtle.
The creatures looked like miniture pterodactyls or a small version of those four-winged flying creatures from the movie "The Mist" by Stephen king. They kept diving in on my turtle pecking it. I think one of them ate an eye, and another took his arms... I tried to stop them, didn't help much, it seemed.
Of course this was years ago, but it was so vivid...

And they say parents get nightmares about their children...
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Ahzoh wrote:I once had a rather frightening dream about weird flying creatures that were trying to eat/kill my pet turtle.
The creatures looked like miniture pterodactyls or a small version of those four-winged flying creatures from the movie "The Mist" by Stephen king. They kept diving in on my turtle pecking it. I think one of them ate an eye, and another took his arms... I tried to stop them, didn't help much, it seemed.

Some ?uestions for you:

1. Was it day or night when your pet turtle was attacked?
2. Was there any meteorological occurence concomittant with the attacks
(e.g. thunder, lightning, rain, snow, sleet, etc)?
3. Is your dream-pet a tortoise, turtle, or marine turtle, or a combination/hybrid?
4. Was the turtle already sickly or injured, or was it pretty much healthy?
5. Do you remember how many of these flying beasties were there? 2~3? A dozen or so? More than 20?
6. Were you physically separated from the pet turtle in any way?
(e.g. a fence, a window, a partial cage or enclosure)
6b. If you were physically separated, were you and your pet both inside, both outside, or inside -v- outside?
7. Did either the turtle or the flying beasties speak at all? If so, what did they say?
8. How did you try to stop the flying beasties? Get up close, or throw something at a distance?
9. Was the turtle eating anything before it was attacked?
10. Have you ever owned a turtle like that as a real pet?
11. has this dream recurred?

Mr Krov has had a dream about an alligator attacking and/or consuming various pets of his. Perhaps this has something to do with a perceived personal responsability that is being attacked/swindled away/otherwise destroyed (?)

Anyway, and interesting dream.
[tick]
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Lambuzhao wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:I once had a rather frightening dream about weird flying creatures that were trying to eat/kill my pet turtle.

Some ?uestions for you:

1. Was it day or night when your pet turtle was attacked?
2. Was there any meteorological occurence concomittant with the attacks
(e.g. thunder, lightning, rain, snow, sleet, etc)?
3. Is your dream-pet a tortoise, turtle, or marine turtle, or a combination/hybrid?
4. Was the turtle already sickly or injured, or was it pretty much healthy?
5. Do you remember how many of these flying beasties were there? 2~3? A dozen or so? More than 20?
6. Were you physically separated from the pet turtle in any way?
(e.g. a fence, a window, a partial cage or enclosure)
6b. If you were physically separated, were you and your pet both inside, both outside, or inside -v- outside?
7. Did either the turtle or the flying beasties speak at all? If so, what did they say?
8. How did you try to stop the flying beasties? Get up close, or throw something at a distance?
9. Was the turtle eating anything before it was attacked?
10. Have you ever owned a turtle like that as a real pet?
11. has this dream recurred?

Mr Krov has had a dream about an alligator attacking and/or consuming various pets of his. Perhaps this has something to do with a perceived personal responsability that is being attacked/swindled away/otherwise destroyed (?)

Anyway, and interesting dream.
[tick]
what are you? a Psychologist? an Oneiromancer?

1. night
2. no
3. a terrapin... that is, a semi-aquatic turtle, specifically, a red-eared slider.
4. pretty much healthy.
5. in so far as I remember, about 5-8
6. Well there was the large glass tank, though in the dream that didn't really stop me from fending them off...
6b. as I said, he was in a glass tank, and we were both in my bedroom, I found my self able to "go through" the tank, and it had the T.A.R.D.I.S. effect of looking bigger on the inside, much bigger, oddly enough.
7. they did not speak, I didn't speak, I just fended.
8. up close and literally ripped them off what ever chance I got. In the same way one fends away seagulls from your food.
9. no
10. It's a dream about my real life pet.
11. no.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Another game-dream (but it seemed so real. Google Glass, perhaps?)
Ok, I remember multiple fighting scenes, swords and shells. Got it? Ninja Turtles.
So, I've been entering a large building (mostly purple, silver, red and green).
I went into an elevator, and each floor means a new fight.
I remember fighting against Shredder, maybe the Foot Clan recruits.
I do not remember the Kraang (neither the 1987 version nor the 2012 version).
I do not remember companions.
I do not remember April, Casey or Irma.
I remember seeing Splinter from the back (2012 version with 2003-style surroundings).
The boss level was... fighting against the brainwashed 2003-style version of the TMNT as soon as I reached the highest floor. The floor hosted (empty?) containers for mutants (but I swear I saw a giant chinchilla inside one) and a giant, circular cistern or basin full of glowing, green mutagen.
The last thing I remember is fighting against Leonardo, jumping, doing an awesome backflip à la Matrix right above the mutagen pool.
Then I woke up.
Last edited by Egerius on 27 Mar 2014 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Egerius wrote:So, I've been entering a large building (mostly purple, silver, red and green).
Sounds like the Shredder is taking decorating tips from the Joker.

Which is somewhat ironic, b/c for my one class, I gave an assignment to describe a movie or book made out of the "favorite" people & parts of other books/movies. A real king kamehameha mash-up.

Two students came up with a great idea for a DC/Marvel crossover (IMHO): The Joker vs. Wolverine (!).

http://madecho.deviantart.com/art/The-W ... -398011547
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Lambuzhao wrote: Sounds like the Shredder is taking decorating tips from the Joker.
Actually, the 80s version of Shredder actually had a violet cape. And I think I mixed all the TV versions of him ('87, '03, '12) into one creepy, lethal monster.
I could explain the green/red lights on the walls as LEDs.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Apparently, conlanging makes people remember dreams more easily, the amount of detail with which you remember these dreams is unbelievable. I only remember glimpses of taking weird copper-colored buses and with me going to places which are supposed to be places i know, it's just that they are not. I always dream with buses and some other weird vehicles. I wonder what Freud has to say about that.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

loglorn wrote:Apparently, conlanging makes people remember dreams more easily,
Perhaps, but not necessarily so. You have to want to remember and/or train yourself to remember. Keeping some kind of papery thing (or I-Pad, whatever) near the bed to jot dreams down as soon as you wake up also helps.

the amount of detail with which you remember these dreams is unbelievable.
Lately, I haven't been able to recall a smidgeon of what I know I have dreamt. I'm extremely busy at work, and I take my work home, and the added fatigue screws things up a lot, personally.

But I try like heck to write even the little I can recall when I awaken. Also, sometimes we might have recurring dreams, which is sort of like cheating, I suppose [B)]
I only remember glimpses of taking weird copper-colored buses and with me going to places which are supposed to be places i know, it's just that they are not.

This is an interesting start. I'm going to ask you some questions. Don't worry if you may not remember all of the answers.
you can answer them or not. I'm only asking them to see if you can remember just a little bit more.

1) Are the bus(es) copper exterior or copper interior, or both?
2) Copper shines. How does the bus shine? By the light of the day, or in flickering passing lights at night?

3) To the oneiric you (the you within the dream), does the bus strike you as "weird" or "normal"?

4) Do you travel alone in the bus, or are you with someone?

5) Does the trip on the bus feel like one you do regularly, like going to school/work, or does it feel like you're visiting a "favorite haunt" you haven't been to in a while?

6) Is the bus crowded or sparsely populated?

7) Does the bus stop frequently (public transportation) or is it more like a charter bus?

8) In your dream, do you take more than one bus?

9) How long or brief does the trip seem to be within the dream?

10) Does anything happen on the bus/to the bus (a robbery, an accident) while in your dream?

11) has your oneiric self ever fallen asleep on the bus?

12) Do you remember paying to get on?

13) Do you remember looking out the window of the bus? Do you see outside the bus with the eyes of your oneiric self, or do you see your oneiric self looking on, from outside the bus?

I always dream with buses and some other weird vehicles. I wonder what Freud has to say about that.
More importantly, what do you have to say about that
:?:
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

loglorn wrote:Apparently, conlanging makes people remember dreams more easily,
Nope. I have days where I can remember a dream (with this amount of details). And then follow many days where the tape's been wiped upon waking up.
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

I had quite a funny dream this night.

It’s school break so I go to my Physics teacher to pester my teacher because I don’t understand some stuff about centrifugal force while two friends of mine go to the toilet. The break ends, but we three are late to our Computer Science class. We open the door only to see our teacher duct-taping everyone to walls and tickling them with feathers.
  • Me: Ew, my teacher!
    Friend 1: Ew, she has feathers!
    Friend 2: Ew, she’s tickling people!
By the way, Friend 1 finds birds very disgusting and what Friend 2 hates getting tickled (I hate that too). Obviously, in my dream I didn’t like my teacher at all.
Last edited by Click on 21 Jan 2016 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Click wrote:We open the door only to see our teacher duct-taping everyone to walls and tickling them with feathers.
I'd like to know the background story of this. :mrgreen: *Totally bursts out laughing while eating*

And I've got some kind of legitimate "ending" for the game dream I posted earlier: So, I've done a backflip while Leonardo tries to stab me with his katanas. Right above the cistern full of ooze, I realize that I epically failed the backflip and fall straight into the lethal dishwater.
*Game over*, right?
Nope. [B)]
Last edited by Egerius on 21 Dec 2015 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

1) Are the bus(es) copper exterior or copper interior, or both?
I am sure about the exterior, don't really remember the color of the insides.
2) Copper shines. How does the bus shine? By the light of the day, or in flickering passing lights at night?
I dreamed with these buses a few times, as far as i can remember they were all during day.
3) To the oneiric you (the you within the dream), does the bus strike you as "weird" or "normal"?
Completely normal. It is not just the bus that is copper-colored, the rest of the place is also metallic (it really feels like Asgard)
4) Do you travel alone in the bus, or are you with someone?
As far as i remember i am alone.
5) Does the trip on the bus feel like one you do regularly, like going to school/work, or does it feel like you're visiting a "favorite haunt" you haven't been to in a while?
Never really thought about that, sometimes i have the feeling i am not even going anywhere.
6) Is the bus crowded or sparsely populated?
The bus station is quite crowed but i don't remember any people inside the bus
7) Does the bus stop frequently (public transportation) or is it more like a charter bus?
It stops frequently (but i don't remember anyone getting in or out in such stops)
10) Does anything happen on the bus/to the bus (a robbery, an accident) while in your dream?
Not really.
11) has your oneiric self ever fallen asleep on the bus?
Don't remember anything like that
12) Do you remember paying to get on?
No.
13) Do you remember looking out the window of the bus? Do you see outside the bus with the eyes of your oneiric self, or do you see your oneiric self looking on, from outside the bus?
It's weird, i can't quite figure out if it's first person of third person view, but i do see what's outside (and based on that i think my buses fly)

Don't really know what to think of all that
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

well, it seems I made you think a bit more about that fascinating world.
Good on ya, mate!
[;)]