(EE) Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
MrKrov
banned

(EE) Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here

Post by MrKrov »

This thread is for quick questions related to the forum topic; Post your question and hopefully receive an answer here.

-

Exactly how accurately aligned is the Great Pyramid? I keep only running into quack sites who say it's esentially perfectly aligned and am in need of a verified source.
teh_Foxx0rz
sinic
sinic

Re: Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here

Post by teh_Foxx0rz »

Do the Chinese really process music on the other side of their brain?
MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

Why oh merciful why is this the only website that when I go to is zoomed in? This happened just a short while ago and I'm not entirely sure what I pressed to do so to undo it.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

MrKrov wrote:Why oh merciful why is this the only website that when I go to is zoomed in? This happened just a short while ago and I'm not entirely sure what I pressed to do so to undo it.
So that when Pe King says something disgustingly stupid it is burned into your memory forever.
MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

I don't need help for that.
Pe King
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pe King »

Why thank you.
One just isn't enough.

I am praying for you all, with sincerity and on occasion gritted teeth.

Mathew 5:43-44

I seldom think before I speak.
That requires patience, an art I have little practice in.

-Pe King, I hope.
jseamus
greek
greek

Post by jseamus »

Ossicone wrote:
MrKrov wrote:Why oh merciful why is this the only website that when I go to is zoomed in? This happened just a short while ago and I'm not entirely sure what I pressed to do so to undo it.
So that when Pe King says something disgustingly stupid it is burned into your memory forever.
There is no escaping the Pe King.

As for you problem Krov, try Ctrl + Mouse wheel.
This is the world.
Pe King
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pe King »

I just can't stop laughing. My mom just looks at me all wierd like.
One just isn't enough.

-Pe King, I hope.
MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

jseamus wrote:As for you problem Krov, try Ctrl + Mouse wheel.
'K thanks.
Pe King
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pe King »

Wow I'm a tyrant before 16. The pride held with myself. Well moments over back to opressing the people with usless facts, ideals, and opinions.
One just isn't enough.

-Pe King, I hope.
jseamus
greek
greek

Post by jseamus »

Pe King wrote:Wow I'm a tyrant before 16. The pride held with myself. Well moments over back to opressing the people with usless facts, ideals, and opinions.
You're not 16 yet? How are you even allowed on the internet? At least this explains a hell of a lot.
This is the world.
Pe King
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pe King »

And, get this all the parents call me the most mature kid in youth group. Scary right.
One just isn't enough.

-Pe King, I hope.
MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

No, just sad.
jseamus
greek
greek

Post by jseamus »

Pe King wrote:And, get this all the parents call me the most mature kid in youth group. Scary right.
Parents said the same thing about me. Boy, if those kind-hearted devout people could see me now. Makes me wonder if there might be hope that one day you too will become as jaded and snide and smart as I am. Then again, I haven't changed as much as you might think to look at me. You'd have to go through a hell of a lot of overhaul to become James, Jr.
This is the world.
Pe King
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pe King »

jseamus wrote:
Pe King wrote:And, get this all the parents call me the most mature kid in youth group. Scary right.
Parents said the same thing about me. Boy, if those kind-hearted devout people could see me now. Makes me wonder if there might be hope that one day you too will become as jaded and snide and smart as I am. Then again, I haven't changed as much as you might think to look at me. You'd have to go through a hell of a lot of overhaul to become James, Jr.
I'm not so sure. I will jump off a cliff before I concede to your kind. (I know that by jumping off a cliff I would be conceding to your kind but you get the point.) Also I'm not so sure you ever were a Christian. Matthew 13:1-23 unless you come back to Christianity then it was like you went into hibernation. I highly suggest reading Colossians 3.
One just isn't enough.

-Pe King, I hope.
MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

Telling people they didn't believe what they believed is an example of you being disgustingly stupid.
jseamus
greek
greek

Post by jseamus »

Pe King wrote:I'm not so sure. I will jump off a cliff before I concede to your kind. (I know that by jumping off a cliff I would be conceding to your kind but you get the point.) Also I'm not so sure you ever were a Christian. Matthew 13:1-23 unless you come back to Christianity then it was like you went into hibernation. I highly suggest reading Colossians 3.
Dude, do you know anything about epistemology? How the fuck is jumping off a cliff conceding to empiricism? And how the fuck are you supposed to know if I was ever a Christian or not? I was memorizing Psalms before you were born. Please do not attempt to teach me about the Bible.

Krov is right. Try to avoid telling people what they do, do not, did, or did not believe. They might know that better than you.
This is the world.
Pe King
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pe King »

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I was stating what I thought true. It is like your seed of faith landed on the rocks (Matthew 13:20). I think that true faith is infallable. If you truely had faith you would've realised that all this world is is a test. There could easily be a god or we could just be a computer program on some geek's computer in a dingy basement though I pray not. No offense mighty nerd. I have no doubt that you know more about the bible than me. I was giving you my interpritation.
One just isn't enough.

-Pe King, I hope.
Wanderer
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Wanderer »

jseamus wrote:I was memorizing Psalms before you were born. Please do not attempt to teach me about the Bible.
Why do all the old people who've lost their faith always say this??

Hmm.... makes me wonder, maybe when someday I'll be as incredibly smart as you and have memorized the entire bible, I'll lose my faith too??

:mrgreen:
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Wanderer wrote:
jseamus wrote:I was memorizing Psalms before you were born. Please do not attempt to teach me about the Bible.
Why do all the old people who've lost their faith always say this??

Hmm.... makes me wonder, maybe when someday I'll be as incredibly smart as you and have memorized the entire bible, I'll lose my faith too??
No. It means that rejection of religion does usually not come from ignorance of the topic. Those of us who aren't religious can sick and tired of the whole 'You don't believe?! You must read the Bible! Surely, this is why you do not agree with me!'

Here's a bit of news, reading the Bible was one of the most important reasons I rejected religion. (Along with other religious and historical books.)

Maybe you should ask yourself some questions, 'Why do I believe?' 'Would I believe so strongly if my religion was not as popular?' 'Would I believe if I were taught another religion?' Please don't answer here, take your time and think about it. If you do and your answers sit well with you then I am happy for you. If you do and and the answers don't sit well with you, maybe you should try and find out why. If you don't think about it at all, maybe you should try to find out why you are so averse to questioning your own faith. The strongest of faith is not that those goes unquestioned, it is the faith that has been throughly questioned and held strong.

Finally, while I am giving out advice, I have one last suggestion. Before judging people, you should take the time to understand them. If more people did this, I sincerely believe the world would be a better place.