The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 16:30

Fact:

I sometimes do feel a strong distaste to some common, mainstream thoughts that the people living in my couhtry hold, which makes me think it is bad to be patriotic and it is bad to win honour for my country.
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7493
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012, 01:57

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Lambuzhao » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 17:11

shimobaatar wrote:
DesEsseintes wrote:
Edit: How wrong I was!!! The word coolth exists!
How did you come up with it before finding out it already existed?

I have occasionally used this word, and should have for the last two days, the evenings especially, where we were hereabouts bathed in glorious, almost autumnal coolth.
Aluhai! [:D]


Coolð
1) State of being in a lowered temperature. Chill. Frigidity.
2) Sate of superlative awesomeness or squadelphitude.

NMLZ like deverbals bað, berð, birð, blowð, deað, drawð, flowð, healð, (after)mað, girð, growð, ruð(less), sighð, spilð,stealð, thefð, tilð, weighð
<draught, sight, theft, weight>

or else like de-adjectivals such as breadð, dearð, depð, filð, greenð, heighð, illð, kið, lengð, mirð, roomð, sloð, strengð, troð, truð, warmð, wealð, widð, wrað, wrengð, youð.

[;)]
Ebon
sinic
sinic
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat 02 Jul 2016, 19:55

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Ebon » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 17:36

Someone corrected an ancient journal entry on my now mostly defunct lang8 account today, for some reason. It's kind of embarrassing how bad it reads now, but on the other more important hand, it shows how much I improved since then!
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 17:37

Ebon wrote:Someone corrected an ancient journal entry on my now mostly defunct lang8 account today, for some reason. It's kind of embarrassing how bad it reads now, but on the other more important hand, it shows how much I improved since then!
hat's so nice (;
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7493
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012, 01:57

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Lambuzhao » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 18:36

k1234567890y wrote:
Ebon wrote:Someone corrected an ancient journal entry on my now mostly defunct lang8 account today, for some reason. It's kind of embarrassing how bad it reads now, but on the other more important hand, it shows how much I improved since then!
hat's so nice (;
Viva cybernautical necromancy! Viva Internautical Nekyia!! Evviva !!!

[}:D]
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 18:37

Lambuzhao wrote:
k1234567890y wrote:
Ebon wrote:Someone corrected an ancient journal entry on my now mostly defunct lang8 account today, for some reason. It's kind of embarrassing how bad it reads now, but on the other more important hand, it shows how much I improved since then!
hat's so nice (;
Viva cybernautical necromancy! Viva Internautical Nekyia!! Evviva !!!

[}:D]
lol XDD
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Thu 04 Aug 2016, 21:37

double post lol

I was trying to do the "but" translation proposed by Imralu, and I was talking to Tay and another friend about Freedom War(a video game) on Skype and was looking Mami Tomoe(babybunny2044) and Viola Norewood(hatsunix)(I call her Vi-chan) setting up a treehouse in Second Life lol I was multitasking
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
User avatar
DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:16

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by DesEsseintes » Fri 05 Aug 2016, 00:55

shimobaatar wrote:
DesEsseintes wrote:
Edit: How wrong I was!!! The word coolth exists!
How did you come up with it before finding out it already existed?
My mind was casting about for an analogue to heat and formed coolth by analogy with warmth, I suppose.
User avatar
OTʜᴇB
roman
roman
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat 14 May 2016, 10:59
Location: SW England

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by OTʜᴇB » Fri 05 Aug 2016, 10:30

What if someone made a conlang based around the word "of"? As in the word "of" or the language's equivalent would be used to connect pretty much all the words together. You want to say "Steve is tall"? "Steve of tall-ness". Want Steve to eat pizza? "Steve of pizza of eating-ness" I have no idea how well that would work but who knows. I'm too busy with my current conlang but feel free to steal that idea if it even seems reasonable :P
:con: : Current Project

BTW I use Arch
User avatar
Chagen
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 3994
Joined: Sat 03 Sep 2011, 04:14
Location: Texas

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Chagen » Fri 05 Aug 2016, 23:41

My laptop is literally splitting apart and I think I just shocked myself slightly when I absent-mindedly touched one of the exposed interior cables with my finger. It feels all prickly right now, but otherwise I can use it normally. Hopefully this subsides quickly.
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4329
Joined: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 02:27

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by qwed117 » Fri 05 Aug 2016, 23:52

Chagen wrote:My laptop is literally splitting apart and I think I just shocked myself slightly when I absent-mindedly touched one of the exposed interior cables with my finger. It feels all prickly right now, but otherwise I can use it normally. Hopefully this subsides quickly.
It'll subside quickly. I have... experience...

(licks 9v, stuck tongue on MacBook charger, both ends*, stuck finger in 120V...)
Edit: both ends, as in the charger port, and the thing that goes in the charger port, not the fork.
Last edited by qwed117 on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
User avatar
Egerius
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:29
Location: Not Rodentèrra
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Egerius » Fri 05 Aug 2016, 23:53

Eww... And I already panicked when my MacBooks' power cable was slowly losing its outside insulation...
qwed117 wrote:([...] stuck tongue on MacBook charger, both ends, stuck finger in 120V...)
Dude, what the fuck?
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4329
Joined: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 02:27

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by qwed117 » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 00:00

Egerius wrote:Eww... And I already panicked when my MacBooks' power cable was slowly losing its outside insulation...
qwed117 wrote:([...] stuck tongue on MacBook charger, both ends, stuck finger in 120V...)
Dude, what the fuck?
yes, while plugged in/running
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
User avatar
Egerius
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:29
Location: Not Rodentèrra
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Egerius » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 00:21

qwed117 wrote:yes, while plugged in/running
That may explain a few things...
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 01:47

Chagen wrote:My laptop is literally splitting apart and I think I just shocked myself slightly when I absent-mindedly touched one of the exposed interior cables with my finger. It feels all prickly right now, but otherwise I can use it normally. Hopefully this subsides quickly.
(hug Chagen) watch out next time please...that must hurt somewhat...
OTʜᴇB wrote:What if someone made a conlang based around the word "of"? As in the word "of" or the language's equivalent would be used to connect pretty much all the words together. You want to say "Steve is tall"? "Steve of tall-ness". Want Steve to eat pizza? "Steve of pizza of eating-ness" I have no idea how well that would work but who knows. I'm too busy with my current conlang but feel free to steal that idea if it even seems reasonable :P
lol that sounds interesting, but probably the "of" would just evolve into nominative and/or accusative and/or ergative case?
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
User avatar
Ælfwine
greek
greek
Posts: 714
Joined: Mon 21 Sep 2015, 00:28
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Ælfwine » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 01:48

k1234567890y wrote:
Ælfwine wrote:
Possibly as a dialect of Old West Norse that is - which is why it might of been easier for him to understand than the average Swede, although honestly I wasn't expecting anyone to as Elfdalian is at least as divergent as Icelandic is to mainland Scandinavian.
ok (:

maybe there were much more divergent North Germanic languages and they have all become extinct, and Elfdalian is one of the relics?

also, it is said that in Elfdalian, there are so-called multiple subjects in at least some sentences, is it possible that Elfdalian has something similar to verbal agreements, that is, one of the multiple subjects might actually act like verbal agreements?
Hmm? What is more divergent than North Germanic languages?

The only two other languages I can think of that are also fairly divergent is the Norn language, and maybe Gutnish. Like Elfdalian, all three diverged pretty early, with a weak i-umlaut in Norn and a weak to nonexistent a-umlaut in Gutnish.

It could be. I'd need to pick up some book on Elfdalian surely, though I'm not sure how many resources there are.
User avatar
Ælfwine
greek
greek
Posts: 714
Joined: Mon 21 Sep 2015, 00:28
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Ælfwine » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 01:50

There's a reason I recently junked my mac for Windows.

Although it is a bit harder to type IPA. Only annoyance.
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 02:00

Ælfwine wrote:
Hmm? What is more divergent than North Germanic languages?

The only two other languages I can think of that are also fairly divergent is the Norn language, and maybe Gutnish. Like Elfdalian, all three diverged pretty early, with a weak i-umlaut in Norn and a weak to nonexistent a-umlaut in Gutnish.

It could be. I'd need to pick up some book on Elfdalian surely, though I'm not sure how many resources there are.
I mean, there were probably more North Germanic languages that are pretty divergent like Elfdilian, Gutnish and Norn in the past, but they were not attested at all.
Ælfwine wrote:There's a reason I recently junked my mac for Windows.

Although it is a bit harder to type IPA. Only annoyance.
what's your reason Elendil? (:
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
User avatar
Ælfwine
greek
greek
Posts: 714
Joined: Mon 21 Sep 2015, 00:28
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by Ælfwine » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 02:16

k1234567890y wrote:
Ælfwine wrote:
Hmm? What is more divergent than North Germanic languages?

The only two other languages I can think of that are also fairly divergent is the Norn language, and maybe Gutnish. Like Elfdalian, all three diverged pretty early, with a weak i-umlaut in Norn and a weak to nonexistent a-umlaut in Gutnish.

It could be. I'd need to pick up some book on Elfdalian surely, though I'm not sure how many resources there are.
I mean, there were probably more North Germanic languages that are pretty divergent like Elfdilian, Gutnish and Norn in the past, but they were not attested at all.
Ælfwine wrote:There's a reason I recently junked my mac for Windows.

Although it is a bit harder to type IPA. Only annoyance.
what's your reason Elendil? (:
Well maybe. One conlanger I know, Elector Dark of the conlang wiki, went off that idea with his conlang Vāgøgjaskt, which I admire. Otherwise Old Norse is actually pretty well attested.

Problems with Mac:

-constant updates and restarts
-poor performance on running video games or other programs that required a lot of power
-usually unfixable if broken unless you are willing to shelve out thousands
-absolutely no way to upgrade a mac
-bad customer service

Main thing I miss from Mac is the fontbook and the ability to type a lot of custom characters easily with the keyboard.
User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » Sat 06 Aug 2016, 02:27

Ælfwine wrote:
Well maybe. One conlanger I know, Elector Dark of the conlang wiki, went off that idea with his conlang Vāgøgjaskt, which I admire. Otherwise Old Norse is actually pretty well attested.

Problems with Mac:

-constant updates and restarts
-poor performance on running video games or other programs that required a lot of power
-usually unfixable if broken unless you are willing to shelve out thousands
-absolutely no way to upgrade a mac
-bad customer service

Main thing I miss from Mac is the fontbook and the ability to type a lot of custom characters easily with the keyboard.
ok (:

What I am listening to, I can change my style a lot lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfy7OiZhWQw (HD 720p) Torna a Surriento (Come Back to Sorrento), Jerry Vale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsiqQ681iSw O Sole Mio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1osxnLNNZw ITALIAN MUSIC - VOLARE - ANDREA BOCELLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIZlJymwHUc ITALIAN MUSIC - LUNA MEZZ'O MARE - DENNIS BURGER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QeoDYgpERk 春神來了 /童謠、兒歌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0wpukna1Ok 妄想Katharsis 中文字幕

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6F1817PkR4 新次元ゲイム ネプテューヌ VII - 妄想Katharsis(mousou katharsis) chiptune arrange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bzziAv9o4w German Folk Music
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
Locked