Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Other Creativity

Post by elemtilas »

Egerius wrote:I have been talking about an Original Character biography lately quite often.

Here it is, entirely written in Southern Middle English (in PDF format).
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This is véry nicely done, Egerie!

Looks just like the real thing. What I mean by this is very many modern calligraphists take great pains to make perfection --- perfectly straight lines, perfectly sized and identical letters. If I want that, I'll just look for a Middle English font and type the text myself! You've taken great pains to make this look like it came out of an old manuscript! Bravó!
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Egerius wrote:I have been talking about an Original Character biography lately quite often.

Here it is, entirely written in Southern Middle English (in PDF format).
Damn lacunae!

A commendable job!
[:D]
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

(thworp)
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

In unsurprising things, I made more coin designs. (Yay, money.)

Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

I made a song. It's only 1 minute long, so I might work on it some more.

https://soundcloud.com/user-854746786/cant-wait-up
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

a buddhist nun studying
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Stuff. Bonus points for determining its purpose. And/or function. And stuff.

Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

College (Dorm) ID?

unamericanizing:

erm... University (Living Quarters) Identification Card?
:wat:
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

I'll hazard the guess of a temporary residence card issued by the government, there being no university name or academic institution as issuing authority. It appears to be some kind of federal level ID card. Especially down at the bit where it says "Atorite per eo Federatio revenere" --- a university wouldn't have the authority to allow or deny that. The "<<<<<<" down at the bottom looks suspiciously like what you find on a passport.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

elemtilas wrote:I'll hazard the guess of a temporary residence card issued by the government, there being no university name or academic institution as issuing authority. It appears to be some kind of federal level ID card. Especially down at the bit where it says "Atorite per eo Federatio revenere" --- a university wouldn't have the authority to allow or deny that. The "<<<<<<" down at the bottom looks suspiciously like what you find on a passport.
(insert winner bell ringing)
Yep, it's a Telemor residence permit card. In this case, though, it is a permit for study, which is part of why an academic institution is mentioned. And the "<<<" at the bottom is, indeed, the MRZ (machine-readable zone), which is different for ID cards because it consists of three lines of 30 characters rather than two of 44.

Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

This is the Sadraasaler Dakru. It is based upon the general shape of the Dakru Peninsula on Tirga, which is the traditional home of the Sadraasalers. It looks like a long-necked seated dragon reaching/striking out westward into the Marizei and Bowness (two big bodies of water) from the East.

I had the good luck to find a blue wolf sejant to copypasta its seated derriere onto this dragon's body.

Bonus points go to the one who identifies the city coat of arms thatI pilferedmost resembles the Dakru insignia. [B)]

Thank goodness I read those dragony posts by Chagen, b/c I plum forgot to upload this pic.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Lambuzhao wrote:
Spoiler:
This is the Sadraasaler Dakru. It is based upon the general shape of the Dakru Peninsula on Tirga, which is the traditional home of the Sadraasalers. It looks like a long-necked seated dragon reaching/striking out westward into the Marizei and Bowness (two big bodies of water) from the East.

I had the good luck to find a blue wolf sejant to copypasta its seated derriere onto this dragon's body.

Bonus points go to the one who identifies the city coat of arms thatI pilferedmost resembles the Dakru insignia. [B)]

Thank goodness I read those dragony posts by Chagen, b/c I plum forgot to upload this pic.
Well, the anterior --- dragon --- half is obviously the arms of the city of Kraiburg in Bavaria. Very distinctive curve to the dragon's neck, that.

The posterior --- wolf --- half comes from SVG Graphics for Heralds.

NB: while you left his jewels gules, his hind talons are imperfectly azured. There's still some traces of gules round the edges, from the original wolf image! [}:D] [}:D] [}:D]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

elemtilas wrote:
Lambuzhao wrote:
Spoiler:

Well, the anterior --- dragon --- half is obviously the arms of the city of Kraiburg in Bavaria. Very distinctive curve to the dragon's neck, that.

The posterior --- wolf --- half comes from SVG Graphics for Heralds.

NB: while you left his jewels gules, his hind talons are imperfectly azured. There's still some traces of gules round the edges, from the original wolf image! [}:D] [}:D] [}:D]
Gouttes gules de sang
From his last meal, mate.
[B)]

'Jewels Gules' should be the heraldic term for that weaponry [:x] [:$] [xD]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

[+1]
Techinically, it's from Ingolstadt, but the judges accepted Kraiburg as pretty close enough. They both use the blue panthier (new to me!) in their coats of arms.

The wolf design indeed supplied the wedding-tackle gules. [xD]
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

I'm not sure if this goes here, but I made a height chart of my conspecies compared to humans.

Possibly disturbing, but not that much I guess? I don't know, they're just silhouettes.
Spoiler:
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Dezinaa wrote:I'm not sure if this goes here, but I made a height chart of my conspecies compared to humans.

Possibly disturbing, but not that much I guess? I don't know, they're just silhouettes.
Spoiler:
They're tails... right?

I'm kidding. They look great. What creatures are they?
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

OTʜᴇB wrote:They're tails... right?

I'm kidding. They look great. What creatures are they?
Heh. Yeah, those are tails. The creatures are called Ngona.
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

I made an 80's inspired thing. Now all it needs is a triangle with some shiny text.

Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

That's some vaporwave A E S T H E T I C S-type stuff.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

I made a 3:59 song. It's the longest one I've made so far: https://soundcloud.com/user-854746786/drum-surfing

I also tried to write the word "Hello" using notes, and I made it into a tune: https://youtu.be/8sY5cYLxgz0