Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Re: Other Creativity

Post by Dezinaa »

shimobaatar wrote:I like it!
Ebon wrote:It's nice, I wouldn't have thought that it was your first one. :)
k1234567890y wrote:nice (:
Thanks! I appreciate it [:)]
k1234567890y wrote:you played the instrument yourself and recorded it? or you made the song with computer?
I used the computer instruments within Garageband.
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Dezinaa wrote: I used the computer instruments within Garageband.
nice (:
Lambuzhao wrote:
Ha ha. Yes.

Technically, my Ornithischian avatar/emblem/totem/familiar is a Torosaurus rampant...
http://www.dinopit.com/wp-content/uploa ... saurus.jpg
nice avatar XD
shimobaatar wrote:
k1234567890y wrote: actually, they are my original characters, and I tried to create them using that link (:

The girl with a red hair is Anabu Dongge; the girl with a black hair is Meimei(the real name of Meime is Akari Borjigit, and Akari Ayase before being adopted); both of them are human characters of my conworld, and both of them are one of the few human native speakers of Lonmai Luna. Usually, only long-longs become native speakers of Lonmai Luna, however, some humans with more education may try to teach their children to speak Lonmai Luna, as some people tried to teach Latin or Esperanto to their children, that's why Meimie and Anabu-chan become one of the few human native speakers of Lonmai Luna.

Actually, I have drawn both of them before. (:
Interesting! Do you prefer your drawings or the images you've created here?
maybe my own drawings, as drawing yourself can give you the greatest freedom in designing characters. (:
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Lambuzhao wrote: Technically, my Ornithischian avatar/emblem/totem/familiar is a Torosaurus rampant...
http://www.dinopit.com/wp-content/uploa ... saurus.jpg
Cool!
Lambuzhao wrote: He he he - Me and Shimo conferring about Grassman's Law as expressed in someone's :ell: :con:. Clearly, Shimo is in the middle of an insightful comment-
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/487068 ... l%2BivSjKs
[xD]

k1234567890y wrote: maybe my own drawings, as drawing yourself can give you the greatest freedom in designing characters. (:
I'm glad you like your drawings; sometimes it's hard to appreciate your own art.
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

shimobaatar wrote: I'm glad you like your drawings; sometimes it's hard to appreciate your own art.
you are right, 霜勇士...;-;
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Something relatively small I recently finished:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Welcome back vampireshark. I, at least, haven't seen any posts by you in a while...
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Doing some planning work for a map of my mega-city. Should I use a perpendicular flat view like most maps? Or should I make it isometric to show the heights of the buildings?
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

OTʜᴇB wrote:Doing some planning work for a map of my mega-city. Should I use a perpendicular flat view like most maps? Or should I make it isometric to show the heights of the buildings?
flat view. Isometry would be painful.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

vampireshark wrote:Something relatively small I recently finished:
So beautiful [:)]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

qwed117 wrote:Welcome back vampireshark. I, at least, haven't seen any posts by you in a while...
Thanks. Still've been semi-lurking around, but I tend to limit my posts to whenever I have potentially interesting things that I've done recently or contributions to things and stuff. (Lots of Science to be done, which kinda throttles my creative output.)
qwed117 wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:Doing some planning work for a map of my mega-city. Should I use a perpendicular flat view like most maps? Or should I make it isometric to show the heights of the buildings?
flat view. Isometry would be painful.
Echoed. Isometric views can be quite painful; you can still show some heights with color-coding, much like one can use for altitudes on maps.

alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Isometric would be lovely, though.
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

alynnidalar wrote:Isometric would be lovely, though.
Indeed it would, but this is the kind of map that will take many months of work as it's about 80km across - so small enough to show the entire contents of the city, but right at the large end of that zone. Going down one level to marking zones and main roads would make for a very boring map.
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Axiem
sinic
sinic

Post by Axiem »

While with a bit of writer's block for my novel and conlang, I ended up creating a flag for one of the nations in my conworld, the Nairu Federation. I don't know a whole lot about them at the moment, but I do know they live up in the northern tundra, and are composed of fifteen states in a Federalism.

I decided to do their flag first (even though they're a non-player in the novel I'm actually writing in the world) because 1) I got inspiration for it, 2) it's a relatively simple design, and 3) it gave me an excuse to make a flag with Inkscape.

Here's the flag: http://i.imgur.com/6JlO7zD.png

The blue bands along the top and bottom represent the sea and the sky, respectively. The white is the ice and tundra that makes up basically the entire nation. The green circles represent the individual states of the Federation (and they've updated the flag a couple of times as they've incorporated more states).

Ultimately, doing this in Inkscape was easier than I feared it would be, but it's really hard for me to judge for myself whether it's any good.
Conworld: Mto
:con: : Kuvian
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Axiem wrote:While with a bit of writer's block for my novel and conlang, I ended up creating a flag for one of the nations in my conworld, the Nairu Federation. I don't know a whole lot about them at the moment, but I do know they live up in the northern tundra, and are composed of fifteen states in a Federalism.

I decided to do their flag first (even though they're a non-player in the novel I'm actually writing in the world) because 1) I got inspiration for it, 2) it's a relatively simple design, and 3) it gave me an excuse to make a flag with Inkscape.

Here's the flag: http://i.imgur.com/6JlO7zD.png
More importantly, 4) it gives you an avenue for further investigation in this world. Possibly even a new storyline!
Ultimately, doing this in Inkscape was easier than I feared it would be, but it's really hard for me to judge for myself whether it's any good.
Not my favorite flag in the whole world, but that's neither here nor there. It came out all nice looking: the green dots all appear symmetrically placed and the blue bands are a nice tint and neither too wide nor too narrow.
Axiem
sinic
sinic

Post by Axiem »

elemtilas wrote: More importantly, 4) it gives you an avenue for further investigation in this world. Possibly even a new storyline!
The thought had occurred to me :)
Not my favorite flag in the whole world, but that's neither here nor there. It came out all nice looking: the green dots all appear symmetrically placed and the blue bands are a nice tint and neither too wide nor too narrow.
I'm starting to re-think the dots a little, just because it kind of looks like one of those optical illusions. Coming up with an alternate or a better arrangement is going to take some thought.
Conworld: Mto
:con: : Kuvian
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Latest output:

Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Short question to spice things up: Are German driving licenses valid in Telèmor? Or do they handle things like China?
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Egerius wrote:Short question to spice things up: Are German driving licenses valid in Telèmor? Or do they handle things like China?
Most valid foreign licenses (German included, for example) are recognized in Telèmor for a maximum of 365 days counting from the date of entry into Telèmor* if accompanied by a translation of the license into the Telèmor language. A class C or D license, however, requires a valid medical certificate accompanying the license (which is required of all class C and D operators). Ilian licenses do not require a translation, but, if applicable, the medical certificate is required.

After one year of stay, however, a Telèmor license is required. If the conversion takes place while the foreign license is still "valid" in Telèmor, i.e. within the first 365 days, conversion only requires a medical exam and one to pass the provisional theory and driving tests (rather than having to do the provisional tests, get a learner permit and practice a minimum of 12 hours of driving, and pass the final theory and driving tests).

*If one intends to stay in Telèmor for three years or less, one can obtain two one-year prolongations of a valid A, B, or M license; a class C or D license cannot be prolonged in this manner. It might also be worth noting that a prolonged license cannot be exchanged.

And, speaking of the learner permit...

vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

OMG MONEY

...er, right. Made this because reasons.

Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

I have been talking about an Original Character biography lately quite often.

Here it is, entirely written in Southern Middle English (in PDF format).
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com