What kind of conlanger are you?

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Keenir
runic
runic

Re: What kind of conlanger are you?

Post by Keenir » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:18

ol bofosh wrote:My general conlang quandry is that when I get involved in making my conlangs, not a lot else gets done.
same here...that's why, when I started with Aramaspean, I tried to tie it in with the fanfiction I was working on (my first and only Big Bang entry)
Khemehekis wrote:Scrappers
They learn a little something from the experience of each conlang they create.
I'm a scrapper-loyalist...I keep shifting from one model language to another, but I do so while sticking with a design principle or background idea. Before that, I was a scrapper because it was the best way to learn as much of linguistics as possible.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sat 11 Jan 2014, 15:04

I am a Filler with an extremely Loyalist inclination.

Thus:

Loyal Filler!
:mrgreen:
k1234567890y
runic
runic

Post by k1234567890y » Sat 11 Jan 2014, 16:27

seems that I'm "scrapper+filler", I make conlangs mainly for my conworld(s).

however, I also have some conlangs that I have worked for a long time.
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!
Valosken
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Valosken » Thu 06 Feb 2014, 19:16

Former loyalist-Scrapper now Loyalist. The scrappings have all been in the name of creating the "perfect" Conlang. I'm very satisfied with the language's current form, and while it could still change, it won't change much at all.
First, I learned English.
Dann lernte ich Deutsch.
Y ahora aprendo Español.
Illuminatus
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Illuminatus » Thu 06 Feb 2014, 20:49

Until now I've been a scrapper mainly, but I'm gonna try to create my conlangs more seriously and to not stop just when I start to not fully like the phonology/case system/... I won't have the determination to be a true loyalist just working on one lang, but I want ~3-4 languages to be well and far created and a fistful of other languages with the basic vocab and a mostly finished grammar.
:deu:
Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall » Thu 13 Feb 2014, 02:25

I am the three things. [:D]

I have a language that is 8 years old and is not 100% finished. The grammar is 44 pages. (Loyalist)

I have 4 languages based on natural languages. They do not need deep development, because I can copy many things from the original language. (Scrapper)

I have some conworlds and they have fictitious languages with few details. Most times the language is only a name. (Filler)
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes or lack of knowledge when I discuss this language.
:bra: :mrgreen: | :uk: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :epo: [:|] | :lat: [:S] | :jpn: [:'(]
Pabappa
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Pabappa » Fri 10 Aug 2018, 18:29

I'm a loyalist. I have two major conlangs, Poswa and Pabappa, but they are so closely tied to each other that everything i do with one affects the other. And they have very similar design goals. I have long tables of diachronics for dozens of other languages, but they are all shells consisting mostly of proper names and bits of grammar. I couldn't make a complex sentence in any of them.

I've been working on Pabappa since 2004 , or since 1993 if I include the snippets of Namma's language I used and then moved on from. This language had the same feel as Pabappa but no defined grammar.

Poswa was originally Pabappa's parent language , but I remade it as a more conservative sister language that also achieved many goals that Pabappa could not, such as having a very complicated and highly irregular grammar.
WeepingElf
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by WeepingElf » Mon 13 Aug 2018, 21:24

I am a loyalist with filler leanings: I have one conlang, Old Albic, which is my main project on which I have been working for about 17 years now; yet, I fancy it to have a number of dialects, relatives and descendants, making up a family called Hesperic. And on top of that, I have some ideas for unrelated languages, too, all existing in the framework of the League of Lost Languages. I also have digressed into contributing three languages to Akana. But my main project is still Old Albic.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien » Mon 13 Aug 2018, 21:43

Loyalist who thinks about other conlangs, but will probably never create them. Lihmelinyan über alles [:D]
Don't live to conlang; conlang to live.

My conlang: Image Lihmelinyan
Reyzadren
sinic
sinic

Post by Reyzadren » Fri 17 Aug 2018, 22:18

Neither category.

Could be a loyalist with 1 main conlang after decades. However, my conlang does not have a large recorded vocabulary, its grammar can be summarised into 2 pages and it has no almost no intricacies, quirks or exceptions. Furthermore, it doesn't receive much acclaim.

Could be a filler as I dabble more with a conworld and fill it up with briefly described people and languages, but this activity does not extend to concepts such as language families or phyla.
Image Soundcloud Profile | Image griuskant conlang
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 17:47

Filler, with scrapper-like tendencies- I tend to focus on one language or family at a time, and then move on to another when I get Conlanger's Block, with the intention of returning if inspiration hits me.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien