Please Comment on what I have

If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Please Comment on what I have

Post by Taurenzine »

I've also Decided to disregard the clusters that I've made, and develop one more over time than just all at once.
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine »

also, after using my writing system and testing it out for a little while, I have decided to bring back all of my diphthongs because it becomes tedious when I'm trying to write. When I need it to be specified which kind of Diphthong it is, I will use /w/ and /j/. but 90% of the time I will simply use diphthongs.
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

That is pretty much what Spanish does more or less so that definitely works.
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine »

So, after a little bit of editing, this is basically how my writing system is going to work. Its not as logical as my phonetic chart, but its simpler. I removed /f/ and /v/ I starting thinking and figured I may never use them. If I ever make a version of this that can be used for english, I'll put it back in.
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine »

Guys, I actually have a question about this chart that I've made, concerning the symbols for /t/ and for /t͡ʃ/. when it comes to /t/, its a bit strange to write when written quickly, because the way that I do it: I draw the top first, left to right, and then I go to the middle leg and down to the bottom (just making up words for the parts of the symbol) which when written fast can look really not so good... It also looks a bit too much like a sigma.
as for /t͡ʃ/. its a bit weird when it comes to drawing it correctly, because I get a little bit annoyed when it ends of just looking like an S with a line through it, or just an F. not only that, but it often takes up a bit too much space. but there is a way to write it making it not look like either of those, it's just that doing so is kind of difficult.
So I was wondering... Should I switch out the characters for something else? I already did with the characters for /s/ and for /θ/ and I was really proud of them, but I'm not sure what I would do if I had to make another two... should I try? I figure I should try. What do you think?
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine »

right, so I think that in casual writing, /t/ can just be written as a box with an open right side, rather than a box with an open right side and a bent left side. what it actually should look like however can be what it is right now, with its sigma-like design (trust me when I say I didn't intend for it to look that way, same for all of the other characters... the fact that they look greek is neat but completely coincidental.

anyways, what to do with /t͡ʃ/? I really have no idea. I don't have any symbol ideas at all. What I'm trying to do is come of with a simple symbol made of lines and evolve that the same way I did every other symbol in my alphabet, but even for that I don't have any idea what to do. it's just a bit complicated, you know? I've already changed like 2 other characters, but they were easy. I took the r/l sound symbol from korean and kinda fliped it, added lines, and evolved it over 3 generations and I got the symbols for /s/ and /θ/. but for this I don't think I have much to copy here. maybe I should look around or something.
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine »

Ok, I Think I've got something that might work a bit better here:

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

It is good that you keep trying to write out your letters. I think it is reasonable that their forms can wander and simplify as long as they remain distinct from one another. I think that is more important than maintaining a set of characters that can easily be seen to be related.
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Please Comment on what I have:Changing Location

Post by Taurenzine »

My language has changed enough that I'm making another post to continue talking about it, here: http://www.cbbforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5800
I'm less of a noob now, so I guess I feel like I need a new space to post stuff that relate to my language. although, I'm still posting it on the beginners corner, I mean there are loads of things that I still don't know nor understand, so that's the situation.