La Ziunga: a taste of a romlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Re: La Ziunga: a taste of a romlang

Post by Lambuzhao »

Salmoneus wrote: 18 Apr 2018 19:02 OK, so I've been working on a little translation (a few changes from the last version - notably merger of unstressed short /i/ and /a/). Aaandd.... well, maybe I've gone too far now? It certainly doesn't look like Spanish to me. Thoughts?

Bizme ma’abze il-Dzu, ed bizme iḷ-ḷase nwêtṛ umṭai
In_the_name_of love-CS DEF-God, and in_the_name_of DEF-salvation our mutual
By the love of God, and by our common salvation,

dh-lexr di la-za aqîte, infant il-Dzu um-dou mi il-hafṛ ed il-fodṛ

to-leave.INF from DEF-day this, inasmuch_as DEF-God me-give.3sg DEF-know.INF and DEF-be_able.INF
from this day forward, as God gives me the wisdom and power,

ya vaḍh is-il-yâmṛ aḥudhe meic aqîte, il-Carlú, fiṭ azoud ed î qô’e ctua

I go.1sg him-DEF-protect.INF brother-CS my this, DEF-Carl, as_regards aid and in matters each
I shall protect this brother of mine, Carl, by assistance and in all matters,

cou ome il-deift fer dziṭ il-xteyeṛ aḥudhe hon, asiqe ilis um-wicret mi uḷtri’e
as man it-ought by right it-support.INF brother-CS his, that he me-do.FSUBJ me likewise
as one ought by right to support one’s brother, so that (/so long as) he shall do the same for me.

Ed con Louther ya nô-qiqṛodṛ-is-ei âd ua iḷqua qe fer vḷiṇtâdzi meic hobre aḥudhe meic aqîte, il-Carlú, dam iḷqua is-inflisret
And with Luther I not-make-him-1sg.FUT treaty one any that by will-CS my upon brother-CS my this, DEF-Carl, harm any he-inflict.FSUBJ
And with Luther I shall make no covenant that, by my will, would do any harm to this brother of mine, Carl.
Interesting!

here's the same in my Latlang Çedara

Pour l’amure de Deo prolasçe gendes grisçañas, prolaçe sajvaçò comùn noëtri, e hages geongeçe,
PRP DEF.M.SG=love.SG PRP god.SG PRP=DEF.F.PL=CNJ people.PL christian.F.PL | PRP=DEF.F.PL=CNJ salvation.SG common.SG 1PL.GEN | PRP PROX=day.SG ADV

Siçe Deo mi dona qu scie queaçe
ADV=CNJ god.SG 1SG.DAT give<PRS.ACT.INDIC>3SG REL.INAN know<PRS.ACT.SBJV>3SG be.able<FUT.ACT.SBJV>3SG=CNJ

Gesfẽdà eio el mio frodùr Calò, etçe nel’ageuta etçe nel’oñe re agẽda quaque
Defend<FUT.ACT.INDIC>1SG 1SG.SBJ DEF.M.ACC.SG <Charles> | CNJ PRP=DEF.F.SG=help.SG CNJ PRP=DEF.F.SG=every.SG thing do<FUT.PASS.PTCP>F.SG INDEF.F

Siçe codo vir deù geoste ageovar el sui frodùr
ADV=CNJ ADV man.SG ought<PRS.ACT.INDIC>3SG right<ADVZ> help<PRS.ACT.INF> DEF.M.ACC 3SG.M.POSS brother.SG

In hogomò tæquæ quia simüje is mi façe.
PRP PROX=mode REL.N=INDIR.N CNJ similar<ADVZ> 3SG.M.NOM 1SG.DAT make<PRS.ACT.SBJV>3SG

Ino nullũ patdũ cũ Lothari panga eio
PRP=DEF.N.SG NEG.DEM.N.SG pact.SG PRP <Luther> fix<FUT.ACT.INDIC> 1SG.NOM

Qu quea noçer el mio frodùr Calò.
REL.N be.able<PRS.ACT.SBJV>3SG injure<PRS.ACT.INF> DEF.M.ACC.SG 1SG.POSS.M.SG <Charles>

for comparison's sake

Keep up the interesting work, Sal!
[:)]
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Spoiler:
Salmoneus wrote: 18 Apr 2018 19:02 OK, so I've been working on a little translation (a few changes from the last version - notably merger of unstressed short /i/ and /a/). Aaandd.... well, maybe I've gone too far now? It certainly doesn't look like Spanish to me. Thoughts?

Bizme ma’abze il-Dzu, ed bizme iḷ-ḷase nwêtṛ umṭai
In_the_name_of love-CS DEF-God, and in_the_name_of DEF-salvation our mutual
By the love of God, and by our common salvation,

dh-lexr di la-za aqîte, infant il-Dzu um-dou mi il-hafṛ ed il-fodṛ

to-leave.INF from DEF-day this, inasmuch_as DEF-God me-give.3sg DEF-know.INF and DEF-be_able.INF
from this day forward, as God gives me the wisdom and power,

ya vaḍh is-il-yâmṛ aḥudhe meic aqîte, il-Carlú, fiṭ azoud ed î qô’e ctua

I go.1sg him-DEF-protect.INF brother-CS my this, DEF-Carl, as_regards aid and in matters each
I shall protect this brother of mine, Carl, by assistance and in all matters,

cou ome il-deift fer dziṭ il-xteyeṛ aḥudhe hon, asiqe ilis um-wicret mi uḷtri’e
as man it-ought by right it-support.INF brother-CS his, that he me-do.FSUBJ me likewise
as one ought by right to support one’s brother, so that (/so long as) he shall do the same for me.

Ed con Louther ya nô-qiqṛodṛ-is-ei âd ua iḷqua qe fer vḷiṇtâdzi meic hobre aḥudhe meic aqîte, il-Carlú, dam iḷqua is-inflisret
And with Luther I not-make-him-1sg.FUT treaty one any that by will-CS my upon brother-CS my this, DEF-Carl, harm any he-inflict.FSUBJ
And with Luther I shall make no covenant that, by my will, would do any harm to this brother of mine, Carl.
My initial impression was that it was a bit over done.

Having now read it over a few times and attempted to parse it, I like it a lot. You have a particular style with your choices of sound changes that creates forms nearly unrecognizable (to me, at least). I noticed it with Wenthish but bring more familiar with Germanic languages, I found it less difficult to grasp. It’s very unique and seems pretty well thought out. I’m interested in seeing more.
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

spanick wrote: 22 Apr 2018 00:15 You have a particular style with your choices of sound changes that creates forms nearly unrecognizable (to me, at least). I noticed it with Wenthish but bring more familiar with Germanic languages, I found it less difficult to grasp. It’s very unique and seems pretty well thought out. I’m interested in seeing more.
Wenthish actually only has a couple of confusing sound changes, and they're pretty in keeping with the family - but I'll admit, they do make some words rather less recognisable at first glance.

Anyway, after toiling away at verb paradigms and whatnot, I've revised this language to be more romlangy, while hopefully retaining a distinct feel...

current sample:
Bizmĭ maheb dhi Il-Dhu, è bizmĭ il-boblu grêsàn è nos ḥâṣ muḍai,
à zexṛ dhi la-dha aqîtă, infant Il-Dhu um-dhuért il-hafṛ èd il-bodṛ,
ya vù àdh is-yâmṛ miu aḥu aqît, il-Garlû, fi azoùd èd in qôhă gdua,
cou omĭ deift fi dresu is-il-hôtir à hon aḥu, asìg iles um-wicrut aḷtruhec.
È con Louthr ya in-gacoṛdré âdun nun qe fi miu vouḷtádĭ
hobrĭ miu aḥu aqît, il-Garlû, dàmun aḷqun is-inflisrut.