Updated to Rodinian.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by qwed117 »

[quote="elemtilas"
RobElks
Bargazian: Artlang; Indo-European; spoken in central Russia; forms its own branch of IE
Rodiniye
Rodinian: Auxlang (though feels more like an Artlang!) (2006); intended for international communications [hr][/hr] [i]Ranian[/i]: Artlang; hi ... guage.html[/list]

Charinese: Artlang; somewhat agglutinative; Caspian Sea region Shesti: Artlang; Indo-European; non-agglutinative; alternate world [/quote]
Elem, you're missing a close [/url] tag after the Rodinian Complete grammar
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

qwed117 wrote:Elem, you're missing a close [/url] tag after the Rodinian Complete grammar
Thanks for the headsup my friend! --- Corrected.
LinguoFranco
greek
greek

Post by LinguoFranco »

Iroko: Artlang, agglutinative, tripartite-alignment, double-marking, VOS word order.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6207
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Thanks for the update, LinguoFranco!
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian is now up to 55,000 words.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

I cannot recall if I ever posted my language here.

Lortho ['loɾ.tʰo], a priori Artlang, agglutinating, N-A, VSO word order, extrasolar planet (exoplanet).
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

OTʜᴇB
Dijo: Mostly isolating a priori personal language with OSV order (2016); logographic script.
The aim is to make a usable language to teach to a small indeterminate group and create a very small community that can aid with expansion of the language. Inyi: Somewhere between artlang, auxlang & engelang (maybe?) (2016); highly agglutinative & slightly polysynthetic; no geopoetical orientation.
Its purpose is an exploration of language creation to gain knowledge and understanding in the art.
You don't have Orderlang in this thread, OTheB?
♂♥♂♀

Alessio
sinic
sinic

Post by Alessio »

I'll add my conlangs, but unfortunately most of them don't have a thread here. All of these are a priori except where otherwise noted, although some take inspiration from natlang phonologies or alphabets.

Hecathver/Häħadhvar (2012): fusional, tripartite alignment (ergative identical to nominative except for personal pronouns), no genders, three numbers (3rd is mass plural). My main conlang and the only one I'm fluent in, currently counting about 1,000 words, mainly created from low-level wannabe jokes (take a word in a natlang, change it a bit so it looks Hecathver, and then give it the exact opposite meaning or one that is related in a "fun" way). Has a nice conscript.

Hajás (2016): made to look a bit like Hungarian, harmonic, agglutinative (only up to 2 root morphemes), uses a lot of suffixes for pretty much anything. Has a badass conscript based on stylish curved lines.

Híntrené (late 2013): Norse-looking phonology and spelling, three classes of verbs (static, dynamic and modal/auxiliar), seven cases and no genders, but words are declined differently depending on their ending. Marks noun definition synthetically. Made to have historically had a distinction between long and short vowels that has now collapsed into entirely different sounds, primarily diphthongs. Spoken in a Legend of Zelda-based conworld, Híntren, for which I'm currently developing a video game (outside the CBB I'm a computer programmer).

Emagnás (2013): a conlang with ejectives, a very strict word order, 5 cases, 2 numbers (definite, used after a numeral, and indefinite, used alone), and 4 declensions depending on the word ending (-es, -um, -V and everything else). I abandoned it because most of the times it's incredibly difficult to remember the correct word order (it changes a lot depending on what meaning you need to convey). Still this feature is the coolest one to me.

Ranse (2014): my first attempt at a polysynthetic conlang. It features monosyllabic roots, mostly with no pre-determined part-of-speech assigned (they can be nouns, adjectives, verbs or adverbs depening on context and position); the meaning of words is thus determined by their syllables. I didn't take into account, though, that dividing a word in syllables isn't very easy if there is no rule regarding how syllables can be formed in the first place, so I ended up adding lots and lots of apostrophes to mark syllable boundaries and then abandoned it altogether.

Darezh (2016): latest attempt at a polysynthetic conlang, but this one has strict rules as to how syllables can be formed, thus it works much better than Ranse. The rest is pretty much the same as for Ranse itself, I even recycled most of the dužbet'i (ideograms for roots) and the entire rajmbet'i system (alphabet for endings, kind of like okurigana). Used to have clicks, but I can't pronounce them well, so I recycled their characters for a bunch of affricates instead.

Simpel (2017): work in progress isolating language with little to no concept of inflection. No gender, number, tense, mood or anything like that, except aspects (might get rid of those soon). By pure coincidence it uses all and only the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet.

I have lots of other conlangs that are currently work-in-progress or anyways not complete enough to be listed here, namely Lynel, Ergar, Marsål (spoken on Mars), Vuida (based on Finnish), Akhref (based on Arabic) and Noxhívar (I lost the folder with all its data, should have been cognate with Hecathver). Finally, there is my first ever conlang, dating back to 2003 (I was 8), Fratedegnolo (pathetic name based off "francese" - French, "tedesco" - German and "spagnolo" - Spanish, the three languages it derives its lexicon from). It's mostly complete garbage since I wasn't very good with languages back then.
:ita: :eng: [:D] | :fra: :esp: :rus: [:)] | :con: Hecathver, Hajás, Hedetsūrk, Darezh...

Tin't inameint ca tót a sàm stê żōv'n e un po' cajoun, mo s't'armâgn cajoun an vōl ménga dîr t'armâgn anc żōven...
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Khemehekis wrote: 19 Aug 2017 02:44 Kankonian is now up to 55,000 words.
Scratch that, now it's up to 55,555.
♂♥♂♀

Birdlang
greek
greek

Post by Birdlang »

My conlangs are (updated)
Birdish (/βɯːˀp̚ ʨɑːh/)
Pigeonese /bʱaː.ʂja kuː.hu.ɾuk/
Fes’santi /aʊ.kʷe/
Haokngam /hɒʔ.ŋã/
Chickenscratch /ɟɲaː.k'æɛ/
É Čaššáte Ñoüngpó /e ʧa.ˈʃːa.te ɲɵŋ.ˈpo/
Ssamaritians /sˁɛm.ɾɪ.ʂn̩s/
Bartalonian /bɑːɾ.tɑ.ʟoːnʰ/
Eraswanti /ɜ.ɽa.sʋə̃.t̪i/
The new Mpu languages
Dœge /dɜʔʷs.gɮʷɔnd/
Kït-tèh /kɨʔ.ʈɚ̃hʷ/
Wingzul /ʋɪɴ.ɬʊl/
Atweryašmi /a.tweɽ.jaʃ.mi/
Ndoqndoqtan /ndoʔ.ndoʔ.tan/
Njupwaorsri /ɲu.ʬɔ.ʵʂi/
Tnuoangkħăo /knuaŋ.kˁaw/
Qxomsa’ /qom.saʔ/
Ndjennyonhsonni /ɲɟeɲ.ɲːõ.son.nːi/
Liŋwa Romã̄sa /liŋ.wa ro.mɑ̃ː.sa/
Thukurr /θʉ.kʉʀ/
Lhurritsch /ɬʉ.ʀiʧ/
An unnamed Germanic language
An unnamed Slavic language
An unnamed Malayo-Polynesian language
An unnamed Vietic language
An unnamed English creole
An unnamed Mon-Khmer language
Jjyorqtung /ɟʝɔʔ.tũ/
Edit: more!
Some a posteriori auxlangs (actually about 15-30 of them)
And
Slarg (pronounced /l̥ɑːɹˠ/)
Last edited by Birdlang on 10 Jun 2018 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Updated to NOW!

(Congrats Khemehekis on the milestone, and thanks bbbourq & Birdlang for allowing me the privilege of adding your langs!)
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Bàsupan (2017) - agglutinative, largely SOV word order with tri-consonantal roots, complex nominative-ergative alignment, pharyngeal consonants, an extensive comparative system, and a native script. Bàsupan is widely spoken in mainland Bàsupan, and a prestige language of the region surrounding it.

Lohondla (2018) - fusional, largely SOV word order with a synactic ergative alignment, pronominal split-S alignment, and nominal nominative alignment with object pronouns infixing in verbs and more than a dozen ways to negate a verb.

I have plenty of other, very incomplete conlangs such as Rh'ae, Brythónnyc Claire, Oddúhath Claire, Molvanian, Stellendor, Chavajau, Kou (Äshollkovsi), and Koe'ez. These may be posted here in the future if they develop to the point they can be considered a conlang.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian now has 56,789 words.
♂♥♂♀

mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

vodlem (2018) - isolating/agglutinative a priori, OSV order with Active morphosyntactic alignment. The language accompanies the people of invod - a limbo-esque realm that's the setting for a DnD campaign I am writing. The language is spoken by all inhabitants and so the players/adventurers will need to decipher the language over time in order to get by, and probably also speak some of it to communicate with natives. The goal for it is to be pretty simple from a grammar perspective such that it wouldn't take excessive time and effort to note down the grammar amongst the players.
To be completely honest, I considered removing Inyi and Dijo considering they're both dead projects and are non-functional from lack of vocabulary.
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

OTʜᴇB wrote: 16 Jul 2018 21:23
To be completely honest, I considered removing Inyi and Dijo considering they're both dead projects and are non-functional from lack of vocabulary.
[:'(]

Well, at least your Orderlang is the most OTheB-esque conlang on this board. It deserves to be linked as a textbook illustration of what your conlanging looks like.
♂♥♂♀

mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Khemehekis wrote: 22 Jul 2018 04:16
OTʜᴇB wrote: 16 Jul 2018 21:23
[:'(]

Well, at least your Orderlang is the most OTheB-esque conlang on this board. It deserves to be linked as a textbook illustration of what your conlanging looks like.
I never thought of it like that. Why do you think it's like that? What about my other stuff like Dijo (the one I got the furthest with)?
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The Languages of the World of Fuhe:
Fuhean Family:
Fuheko: Graftlang of Japanese and Finnish (no IRL lang exists in the WoF)
Karèwaho: Fuheko with additional Korean and Hungarian grafts. Critically Endangered.
Lumubuhudåg: Dialect continuity. Proto-Fuhean with heavy "Idägian"substrate. Idägian is a graftlang of Ainu, Sami and Samoyedic

The Prophetess' Tongue: Sacred Language. NHG and Spanish Inspired

ɣø: Family. Priori. Sinitic-inspired

Classical Momucharusumuko/Momčalsumai: Priori, Isolate. Inspired by PIE, Ancient Greek, Latin, OHG, NHG. Extinct.

Wanian Family: Priori. Inspired by Austronesian
Shaniija: Inspired by Javanese
Samholamhöwan: Inspired by Various Eastern Indonesian languages
Sawaan: Inspired by Tagalog, Formosan Languages, Samoan
Hafaaatan: Same as above, but with Malagasy
Sáhötan'ővan: Inspired by Polynesian languages
Shäkå̀wawan: Inspired by Malay
Kamatakatìtongasöntà Koine: Same as above, with Sama-Bajau

Thǎm Jẽi Pòu: Priori. Isolate. Tibetan-Inspired

Árrungi: Priori. Arrungian Family. Pama-Nyugan Inspired.

T̟alīf: Priori. Isolate. Pama-Nyugan and Semitic inspirations.

M'aillys: Graftlang of Russian, Welsh and Breton. Isolate, possible link with Momčalsumai.

Tasarian: Priori. Family. Latin and Romance Inspired

Bilan: Priori. Isolate. Basque-Inspired

Kirmitite: Priori. Unknown affiliation. Coptic-Inspired.

Chóonak'íit: Priori. Unknown affiliation. Navajo-Inspired

Ruby-and-Sapphire: Priori. Codename. Family. Inspired by languages of Caucasus

Daa Sevǔihk: Priori. Koine of the Sevǔihkian languages. Dravidian-Inspired

M̟oḩaic: Priori. Family, possible link with Idägian. Inspired by languages of Caucasus.

Shàt: Priori. Chaskian Family. Cushitic, Semitic and Dravidian inspired.

'ohtęk'r̄tṛm'm̄tłeš : Priori. Peninsularian family. Navajo and Iroquois Inspired

Pášmeit Àskhài Latx'eùn: Priori. Last survivor of Pashic. Nahuatl and Jacaltec inspired.

Sílómán: Prori. Omanic Family. Turkic as Fluid-S

Ngǂamian Family: Priori. Nguni Inspired
Eroki Gǂama: Nguni as Split-s
Ūnǂàma: Nguni/Khoesan inspired

Nnaçmàa-yà: Priori. Isolate, possible Para-Ngǂamian. Volta–Niger, English, Ubykh inspirations.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

OTʜᴇB wrote: 23 Jul 2018 12:34 I never thought of it like that. Why do you think it's like that? What about my other stuff like Dijo (the one I got the furthest with)?
Orderlang embodies the orderly, auxlangish or engelangish way you conlang and the way you like structure in everything, your INTJ nature. It's the "conlang of hats" for this order.

As for Dijo, you've said it was your best work yet, so I say keep it in, at least until you come up with an imago of your larval Dijo after pupifying it -- one that's even better.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian has 57,500 words now! It's three-quarters of the way from the 50,000 milestone to the 60,000 milestone.
♂♥♂♀