The CBB Conlang Census

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Iyionaku »

As Caelian has finally reached the mark of 1,000 words I'd like to add it to the conlang census. Bath'aso and Paatherye both stagnate at about 800 words so I don't want to add them as for now.

Caelian (2014) - agglutinative/fusional, nonconcatenative, large phoneme inventory (29 consonant phonemes, 10 vowel phonemes + 14 diphthongs) SOV word order with quadriliteral roots, nom-acc alignment, 28 nominal cases and a quite complex verbal system with inflection after subject and object. Distantly related to Yélian (about as close as Spanish and Persian).

Caelian CBB topic
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Hey Elemtilas, I've thought about it a bit . . . could you change the description for Kankonian from "agglutinative" to "agglutinative/analytical"?

Kankonian does indeed have German-like compound words, and verbs that form like abamizosen:

abam-iz-os-en
eat-PSV-FUT-PST
was going to be eaten

But all the noun/pronoun/gerund roles (aside from subject and direct object) are marked by prepositions: ad for datives and kinship terms, na for genitives, id for the objects of gerunds, zash for appositives, er for locatives, e for inessives, pai for illatives, zha for vocatives, etc.

An example of the analyticality of Kankonian can be seen in the way Kankonian expresses the Political Compass item "It is natural for children to keep secrets from their parents":

Safin dyu welas id wapishas ab homoses ad mem as orol.
keep by child-PL done_to secret-PL from parents to 3p PRS natural
It is natural for children to keep secrets from their parents.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

I guess seeing how I actually have a thread here now I should add Asta to the list.

Asta - a priori, minimal phonology, agglutinative-polysynthetic, nominals marked for possession, number, noun class and case (adverbial vs. non-adverbial), polypersonal marking, ergativity, rigid transitivty of verb roots, verb-initial tendencies, causative and applicative voices but no passive, culturally semi-neolithic remnants of an advanced civilisation left on an island in a world of oceans.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Birdlang wrote: 06 Apr 2018 12:54 My conlangs are (updated)

. . .

Kït-tèh /kɨʔ.ʈɚ̃hʷ/
Is this a language spoken by cats? And do said kittehs eat the birds who speak Pigeonese et al.?
♂♥♂♀

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Updated.

Welcome to the newly added languages!
Birdlang
greek
greek

Post by Birdlang »

Khemehekis wrote: 25 Mar 2019 00:09
Birdlang wrote: 06 Apr 2018 12:54 My conlangs are (updated)

. . .

Kït-tèh /kɨʔ.ʈɚ̃hʷ/
Is this a language spoken by cats? And do said kittehs eat the birds who speak Pigeonese et al.?
Yes it’s spoken by cat people (bipedal ones, but not too anthro in style), but, they don’t eat the birds since the birds are much larger than they are (the bird people stand about 5.5 to 6 feet tall the cats only 4.5 to 5 feet tall). They wouldn’t hurt bird people (as that would ruin their cultural and trade relationship as many cat people have immigrated and lived peaceful successful lives in the bird countries, and the only animals they eat are the ones they farm, like cows and sheep). They actually have good trade relations with the Pigeonese and often work in Pigeonese textile factories as in their country, they have developed a good reputation in the textile manufacturing industry.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Birdlang wrote: 27 Apr 2019 15:30 Yes it’s spoken by cat people (bipedal ones, but not too anthro in style), but, they don’t eat the birds since the birds are much larger than they are (the bird people stand about 5.5 to 6 feet tall the cats only 4.5 to 5 feet tall). They wouldn’t hurt bird people (as that would ruin their cultural and trade relationship as many cat people have immigrated and lived peaceful successful lives in the bird countries, and the only animals they eat are the ones they farm, like cows and sheep). They actually have good trade relations with the Pigeonese and often work in Pigeonese textile factories as in their country, they have developed a good reputation in the textile manufacturing industry.
Oh, OK. Nice that the cats don't eat the Pigeonese! And wow, pigeons that are bigger than cats!
♂♥♂♀

Zekoslav
sinic
sinic

Post by Zekoslav »

Frislander wrote: 02 Jan 2019 13:08 I guess seeing how I actually have a thread here now I should add Asta to the list.

Asta - a priori, minimal phonology, agglutinative-polysynthetic, nominals marked for possession, number, noun class and case (adverbial vs. non-adverbial), polypersonal marking, ergativity, rigid transitivty of verb roots, verb-initial tendencies, causative and applicative voices but no passive, culturally semi-neolithic remnants of an advanced civilisation left on an island in a world of oceans.
Intriguing! How advanced was that civilisation? [:D]
Languages:
:hrv: [:D], :bih: :srb: [;)], :eng: [:D], :fra: [:|], :lat: [:(], :deu: [:'(]

A linguistics enthusiast who occasionally frequents the CBB.

- Guide to Slavic accentuation
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Zekoslav wrote: 01 May 2019 20:09
Frislander wrote: 02 Jan 2019 13:08 I guess seeing how I actually have a thread here now I should add Asta to the list.

Intriguing! How advanced was that civilisation? [:D]
Sci-fi level, there's a word for the aliens that destroyed the civilisation.
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

As soon as I complete a conlang that in my opinion is worth a crap I will post it on my dropbox and link to it in a post. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

A lexicon size update: Kankonian now has 62,500 63,000 words.
♂♥♂♀

littlesalmon
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by littlesalmon »

Well, there I go! I guessed I should write a little about my conlangs, since I'm joining a conlang relay.

Shintæmild, concieved about two to three years ago (2017-2018), is an abandoned conlang (probably was supposed to be vaguely naturalistic, but I'm not sure) that was mainly completed except for vocabulary and some of grammatical features that back then haven't come up yet, and is not connected to any kind of conworld. It's synthetic, head-final, and the word order is SVO; it has undefined phonotactics. It had a lot of similarities with English and Russian, the two languages that I speak relatively fluently. It is not currently available online.

la at tea, conceived and then finished in 2019, is an artlang/personal lang, and is what I would call a "supplementary language", because it is highly specialized and isn't meant to be used for communication all on its own, rather, just for clarifying things it's hard/impossible to say in another language. It started out from a conscript, is head-final and zero-marking, and the word order is SVO; the writing system is partly featural and partly a logography. The only information currently online is presented in this blog, and specifically this post.

itota itiko, conceived in 2020 and currently being worked on, is another vaguely naturalistic language (though it's actually still a conlang in-universe) and this time technically a fan work, though the understanding of the original show isn't needed for understanding the conlang. Its word order is VSO, the syllable structure is (C)V, and is agglutinative. It does not have its own writing system.
It's currently fully available online in Russian, but with way less technical words and no IPA; a full entry/post/whatever here does not exist yet, but might.
216 always explains everything. ilaki onito itota ti ji ji ti akina itota ma. 216 всегда всё объясняет.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I see you've got littlesalmon's conlangs up -- great!

Kankonian reached the 66,666-word mark. I suppose you can remove the "just reached half a lakh" for this update, since I'm now a whole nother sixth of the way to the 100,000 goal since reaching 50,000.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

elemtilas wrote: 26 May 2015 16:55 Linguifex
Çuvvaccoçim: Artlang (2009); fusional, Austronesian-type alignment; geopoetical orientation Kgáweq’: Artlang (2013); polysynthetic?, vowel height harmony and dorsal affricates; geopoetical orientation Ngade n Tim Ar: Artlang (2009/2010); isolating, productive metathesis for plurals; geopoetical orientation O: Artlang (2013); fusional, descended from a proto-language with nine phonemes, unified after the fact with Ngade n Tim Ar; geopoetical orientation Renłułe: Artlang (2014); fusional, consonant harmony dictating tense/negation; geopoetical orientation Teyetáti: Artlang (2012); heavily synthetic; made for the Never Ending Relay (Akana) with help from cedh and Caleone Notes: Most of these are in my professional conlanging portfolio. O, Renłułe, Kgáweq’, and Teyetáti have been used in relays or related things.
Linguifex has changed his screenname to Man in Space; this should be reflected in the Census.
♂♥♂♀

Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

This is a link to my Shu grammar. It started out just a few pages, and now is over 100. :mrred:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubfktu5u5ho9g ... r.pdf?dl=0
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian is up to 77,000 words now! Woo!
♂♥♂♀

Johnathan_4
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Johnathan_4 »

Congratulations on your work that is quite the accomplishment!
NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL, GET UP, DRESS UP. SHOW UP, AND NEVER GIVE UP. [:D]
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Johnathan_4 wrote: 09 Sep 2021 04:48 Congratulations on your work that is quite the accomplishment!
Hey, thanks, man! You can also check out Lao Kou's Géarthnuns (listed in the OP) if you like conlangs with large lexica.
♂♥♂♀

Johnathan_4
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Johnathan_4 »

For sure I'll check it out!
NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL, GET UP, DRESS UP. SHOW UP, AND NEVER GIVE UP. [:D]
Yagia1
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Yagia1 »

Yesterday I published my Vayardyio reference grammar on the Board (> conlang section). And well, I have done some word-counting lately and I guess (by extrapolation) that I have reached the 10,000 words mark! My dictionary is in Dutch and I most positively will NOT be translating it into English ... mission impossible.
But to give you a sneak preview, see this sample page here.

I like working on derivational morphology, and I love creating new words from scrap, just because the sound or shape of the world moves me in one way or another. So, there's some sound symbolism as well as a mix of short and longer words. I've challenged myself by inventing some restrictions, like all words have to end vocalic, and some phonemes that are 'off-limits'. Whenever I've too much spare time, I work on translations and which I read out loud to myself, sometimes recording them. Which sounds weird, but fun.
conlang: Vayardyio.
Affacite iago Vayardyio fidigou dicronésara !

native: :nld: fluent: :eng: :fra: :deu: can read: :ita: :esp: