The CBB Conlang Census

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
elemtilas
runic
runic

The CBB Conlang Census

Post by elemtilas »

And in those days when Caesar was king at Reme, all the world was called to be accounted...

What's this all about:
Spoiler:
What:
This is the CBB Conlang Census, an enumeration and assessment of the constructed languages of the residents of the CBB.

Why:
A need for a listing or index of language makers and the languages they have made was expressed, and this resource hopes to fill that need by providing relevant information.

Who:
The Census is limited to works by the membership of the CBB, former or current.

Details:
The information given includes the name of the glossopoet followed by the conlang name(s) and a short description of the language, including its basic type, date of inception, relevant vital data and whether it is connected with some kind of otherworld. Lastly, links to relevant on or off line grammatical apparatus, glossaries, texts are given. Links to CBB conlang threads are certainly appropriate, as are links to Frath Wiki pages, links to outside / private websites, links to Amazon (et al), so we can buy a copy of your grammar book!

Individual entry listings are made for our major works, which are “presentable” conlangs – those conlangs that are fairly well worked out. If you would feel comfortable using your conlang in a relay setting, or perhaps describing its grammar in some detail or if you have written stories & poems then it ought to be more than presentable enough for a Census entry.

Most of us, however, have also got notebooks (real or metaphorical) full of notes & ideas for conlangs: sketchlangs, scraplangs, crazy ideas that can never work. We also have languages cooking along at various rates of congealment. At your option, you may also choose to PM the Census Taker with a simple list of all your minor works and works in progress without any kind of description or links (unless all your scratch & scraplangs can be accessed via a single location).

How:
To include your conlang(s) in the Census, just send all relevant information to the Census Taker (by clicking the PM button at the end of this post, or by replying to the thread itself). The Census Taker will make every effort to spell everything correctly and to format properly. It is the responsibility of the submitter to provide accurate information and to alert the Census Taker of changes that ought to be made (e.g., when one your languages makes the profound leap from scratchlang to major work!)

The Census Taker appreciates most all citizens who make their applications correctly formatted and in septuplicate, written in chancery cuneiform upon imperial bureaucracy standard pott sized tablets. Thank you! All others will be subject to the Hazard of the Fourteen Squirrels (Crimes Against Bureaucracy Act (1866, amm. 1912))

Ahzoh
Vrkhazhian: Artlang, highly fusional, weakly agglutinative; altworld oriention.
Alamantus
Zirka: Codelang / artlang; a right-to-left rune/glyph-based language. While it is largely a language "cast" (or "mask"?), it has its own simple grammar. The author hopes to eventually make it a true conlang that stands on its own.
Alessio
Most of my invented languages don't have a thread here. All of these are a priori except where otherwise noted, although some take inspiration from natlang phonologies or alphabets.
  • Hecathver/Häħadhvar (2012): fusional, tripartite alignment (ergative identical to nominative except for personal pronouns), no genders, three numbers (3rd is mass plural). My main conlang and the only one I'm fluent in, currently counting about 1,000 words, mainly created from low-level wannabe jokes (take a word in a natlang, change it a bit so it looks Hecathver, and then give it the exact opposite meaning or one that is related in a "fun" way). Has a nice conscript.
  • Hajás (2016): made to look a bit like Hungarian, harmonic, agglutinative (only up to 2 root morphemes), uses a lot of suffixes for pretty much anything. Has a badass conscript based on stylish curved lines.
  • Híntrené (late 2013): Norse-looking phonology and spelling, three classes of verbs (static, dynamic and modal/auxiliar), seven cases and no genders, but words are declined differently depending on their ending. Marks noun definition synthetically. Made to have historically had a distinction between long and short vowels that has now collapsed into entirely different sounds, primarily diphthongs. Spoken in a Legend of Zelda-based conworld, Híntren, for which I'm currently developing a video game (outside the CBB I'm a computer programmer).
  • Emagnás (2013): a conlang with ejectives, a very strict word order, 5 cases, 2 numbers (definite, used after a numeral, and indefinite, used alone), and 4 declensions depending on the word ending (-es, -um, -V and everything else). I abandoned it because most of the times it's incredibly difficult to remember the correct word order (it changes a lot depending on what meaning you need to convey). Still this feature is the coolest one to me.
  • Ranse (2014): my first attempt at a polysynthetic conlang. It features monosyllabic roots, mostly with no pre-determined part-of-speech assigned (they can be nouns, adjectives, verbs or adverbs depening on context and position); the meaning of words is thus determined by their syllables. I didn't take into account, though, that dividing a word in syllables isn't very easy if there is no rule regarding how syllables can be formed in the first place, so I ended up adding lots and lots of apostrophes to mark syllable boundaries and then abandoned it altogether.
  • Darezh (2016): latest attempt at a polysynthetic conlang, but this one has strict rules as to how syllables can be formed, thus it works much better than Ranse. The rest is pretty much the same as for Ranse itself, I even recycled most of the dužbet'i (ideograms for roots) and the entire rajmbet'i system (alphabet for endings, kind of like okurigana). Used to have clicks, but I can't pronounce them well, so I recycled their characters for a bunch of affricates instead.
  • Simpel (2017): work in progress isolating language with little to no concept of inflection. No gender, number, tense, mood or anything like that, except aspects (might get rid of those soon). By pure coincidence it uses all and only the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet.
  • I have lots of other conlangs that are currently work-in-progress or anyways not complete enough to be listed here, namely Lynel, Ergar, Marsål (spoken on Mars), Vuida (based on Finnish), Akhref (based on Arabic) and Noxhívar (I lost the folder with all its data, should have been cognate with Hecathver). Finally, there is my first ever conlang, dating back to 2003 (I was 8), Fratedegnolo (pathetic name based off "francese" - French, "tedesco" - German and "spagnolo" - Spanish, the three languages it derives its lexicon from). It's mostly complete garbage since I wasn't very good with languages back then.

alynnidalar
Tirina: Artlang (2004/2012); agglutinative; geopoetical orientation.
bbbourq
Lortho ['loɾ.tʰo]: a priori Artlang, agglutinating, N-A, VSO word order; geopoetical orientation: exoplanet.
Birdlang
My conlangs are (updated):

Wingzul, Tnuoangkħăo, Thukurr, The new Mpu languages, Ssamaritians, Pigeonese, Qxomsa’, Njupwaorsri, Ndjennyonhsonni, Ndoqndoqtan, Liŋwa Romã̄sa, Lhurritsch, Kït-tèh, Jjyorqtung, Haokngam, Fes’santi, Eraswanti, É Čaššáte Ñoüngpó, Dœge, Chickenscratch, Birdish, Bartalonian, Atweryašmi, An unnamed Vietic language, An unnamed Slavic language, An unnamed Mon-Khmer language, An unnamed Malayo-Polynesian language, An unnamed Germanic language, An unnamed English creole

cedh
Buruya Nzaysa: Diachronic artlang, Edastean (2008); mostly isolating, but with fusional polypersonal agreement on auxiliary verbs; AuxSOV; nominative-accusative; collaborative conworld Akana. Ndok Aisô: Diachronic artlang, Edastean (2008) (Co-creator: Dunomapuka); moderately synthetic, fusional, SVO, split-S; collaborative conworld: Akana. Tmaśareʔ: Diachronic artlang, Western (2009); vaguely North America-inspired, polysynthetic with noun incorporation and applicatives, SOV, erg-abs; collaborative conworld: Akana. Doayâu: Diachronic artlang, Western (2010); tonal, agglutinative, mildly polysynthetic, VSO/variable, erg-abs; collaborative conworld: Akana. Proto-Ronquian: A priori artlang, Ronquian (2013) (Co-creator: Vec); collaborative conworld: Akana.
  • (Created as a protolanguage for a reconstruction game. Since it hasn't been reconstructed by the other team yet, the documentation of this language is still secret.)
Ronc Tyu: Diachronic artlang, Ronquian (2014); vaguely East Asian-inspired, tonal, monosyllabic, isolating/fusional, serial verb constructions, SVO, nom-acc; collaborative conworld: Akana. Misc.: http://www.frathwiki.com/User:Cedh_audmanh

clawgrip
Himmaswa: Artlang (1998); mainly isolating/analytic, topic prominent, vaguely SE Asian-inspired, with logographic script; 2000+ words. Naduta: Artlang (2013); strongly head-final, moderately agglutinative verbs, with logosemantic script. Yabushionese: Artlang (2015); Japonic a posteriori.
Creyeditor
Ook: Minimalistic artlang (2015), a priori, strongly non-concatenative, topic first. Omlűt: hatelang (2012), a priori, influenced by German, synthetic and ablauting, XOVS, several dialects. Nautli language family: diachronic artlangs (2014), a priori, agglutinative/fusional; part of the collaborative conworld Teles.
Dezinaa
Otvei: Artlang (2016); agglutinative, nom-acc alignment, featural syllabic alphabet. Yiingim: artlang (2014); agglutinative, erg-abs alignment, minimal phoneme inventory, tonal, syllabic-alphabetic script.
druneragarsh
Drún: artlang (2010), erg-abs isolating lang; native script; geopoetical orientation: Drunworld.

Mira: artlang (2015), nom-acc agglutinating lang, lots of derivational morphology, intended to be vaguely Uralic in feel; native script no longer used, written in Drunscript; geopoetical orientation: Drunworld.

Drunworld languages: less developed neighbours of the above include Eyþï, Žilèði, and Kixaḷi, all spoken on the Drunworld.

elemtilas
Queranaran: Artlang, Daine (1980s/2000s); geopoetical orientation: The World. Avantimannish: Artlang, Aryan, Germanic (1988); geopoetical orientation: The World. Loucarian: Artlang, Creole (1999); geopoetical orientation: The World. Talarian: Artlang, Aryan (1997); geopoetical orientation: The World. Kerno: Artlang, Romance (1998); collaborative altworld: Ill Bethisad. Working on some neographies at the moment (2018).
felipesnark
Shonkasika: artlang (2013); nom-acc, mostly agglutinative.
Frislander
Asta: a priori, minimal phonology, agglutinative-polysynthetic, nominals marked for possession, number, noun class and case (adverbial vs. non-adverbial), polypersonal marking, ergativity, rigid transitivty of verb roots, verb-initial tendencies, causative and applicative voices but no passive, culturally semi-neolithic remnants of an advanced civilisation left on an island in a world of oceans.

HoskhMatriarch
Hoskh: artlang (2015); no single dominant word order, active alignment on verbs, otherwise nom-acc, large phonetic inventory, suffixaufnahme, umlaut & lenition in evidence. Geopoetical orientation: fantasy conworld, spoken primarily by the mountain dwelling Hoskh people and also some other nearby folks.
Iyionaku

Caelian (2014): agglutinative/fusional, nonconcatenative, large phoneme inventory (29 consonant phonemes, 10 vowel phonemes + 14 diphthongs) SOV word order with quadriliteral roots, nom-acc alignment, 28 nominal cases and a quite complex verbal system with inflection after subject and object. Distantly related to Yélian (about as close as Spanish and Persian).

Yélian: nom-acc, agglutinative, three cases on nouns, left-branching, prepositional, mainly SVO (OV in passive, or with object pronouns SOV), seven phonemic vowels, 16 phonemic consonants and mainly remarkable for extensive verbal prefixing.
J_from_Holland
Bløjhvåtterskyll: Artlang (2015); well developed grammar; ±1500 words.
Jackk
Boralian: Artlang (2015); geopoetical orientation: alternate world / history set in Ílborail, an island of the North Sea.
jute
Jutean: VSO, Austronesian Alignment, mostly analytical with some inflections, "pseudo" split-s-ergativity, three noun classes and five moods, no tense or voice distinction. 1282 dictionary entries, 113 translation samples.
k1234567890y

Lonmai Luna/Liunan: Analytic, SVO, prepositional, right-branching, spoken by both human beings and long-longs; 2000+ words.
Ketumak
Õtari: Artlang (2010 et seq); a priori; nom-acc; analytic; features noun classifiers, and much valence adjustment; transitive clause: SVO; intransitive clause: SV/VS. Proto-language for Lemohai. Geopoetical orientation: Tekuo conworld. 850 words.
Khemehekis
Kankonian: Artlang (1996); a priori, agglutinative/analytical; geopoetical orientation: the planet of a spacefaring people of the Lehola Galaxy; lexicon has now 73000 words! Yes, my friends, 73% of the way towards a six figure sum! even closer to that golden sum of 1 lakh!!!!!! Yay! :mrgreen:
I've worked on quite a few languages previously, but only one at the moment, and so:

kiwikami
Alál: Artlang; a priori; highly synthetic; heavy compounding, infixation, and reduplication; marks tense and direction of motion along spatio-temporal axes. Geopoetical orientation: spoken by a spacefaring culture in contact with an alternate Earth.

Lao Kou
Géarthnuns: Artlang (19xx); a priori, agglutinative; geopoetical orientation: island in the Sea of Japan.
LinguoFranco
Iroko: Artlang, agglutinative, tripartite-alignment, double-marking, VOS word order.
littlesalmon
Shintæmild, concieved about two to three years ago (2017-2018), is an abandoned conlang (probably was supposed to be vaguely naturalistic, but I'm not sure) that was mainly completed except for vocabulary and some of grammatical features that back then haven't come up yet, and is not connected to any kind of conworld. It's synthetic, head-final, and the word order is SVO; it has undefined phonotactics. It had a lot of similarities with English and Russian, the two languages that I speak relatively fluently. It is not currently available online.

la at tea, conceived and then finished in 2019, is an artlang/personal lang, and is what I would call a "supplementary language", because it is highly specialized and isn't meant to be used for communication all on its own, rather, just for clarifying things it's hard/impossible to say in another language. It started out from a conscript, is head-final and zero-marking, and the word order is SVO; the writing system is partly featural and partly a logography.
  • The only information currently online is presented in this blog, and specifically this post.
itota itiko, conceived in 2020 and currently being worked on, is another vaguely naturalistic language (though it's actually still a conlang in-universe) and this time technically a fan work, though the understanding of the original show isn't needed for understanding the conlang. Its word order is VSO, the syllable structure is (C)V, and is agglutinative. It does not have its own writing system.
  • It's currently fully available online in Russian, but with way less technical words and no IPA; a full entry/post/whatever here does not exist yet, but might.

loglorn
Søsøzatli: Engelang (2013); a not very naturalistic experiment on many things. Proto-Gigxkpoyan: Artlang (2014); agglutinative, VSO, (one of the initial premises was to have Japanese tipologically backwards) with tons of very weird consonant clusters; geopoetical orientation: part of the Teles Collabworld Project. Gigxkpoyan Family Artlangs (2015): geopoetical orientation: part of the Teles Collabworld Project.
Man in Space
was: Linguifex
Çuvvaccoçim: Artlang (2009); fusional, Austronesian-type alignment; geopoetical orientation Kgáweq’: Artlang (2013); polysynthetic?, vowel height harmony and dorsal affricates; geopoetical orientation Ngade n Tim Ar: Artlang (2009/2010); isolating, productive metathesis for plurals; geopoetical orientation O: Artlang (2013); fusional, descended from a proto-language with nine phonemes, unified after the fact with Ngade n Tim Ar; geopoetical orientation Renłułe: Artlang (2014); fusional, consonant harmony dictating tense/negation; geopoetical orientation Teyetáti: Artlang (2012); heavily synthetic; made for the Never Ending Relay (Akana) with help from cedh and Caleone Notes: Most of these are in my professional conlanging portfolio. O, Renłułe, Kgáweq’, and Teyetáti have been used in relays or related things.

Micamo
Mithara: Artlang (2009); polysynthetic; geopoetical orientation. Haneko: Artlang (2012); mildly synthetic; geopoetical orientation. Tazaric: Artlang (2014); isolating, ablaut, tonal; geopoetical orientation.
Nortaneous
Amqoli: Artlang Gehui: Artlang
Omzinesý
Vtayn: Artlang; fusional and somewhat agglutinative; geopoetical orientation: Rkuom. Kahichali: Artlang; Agglutinative & fusional, polysynthetic; interesting phonology and modal system; geopoetical orientation: Kahitu.
OTʜᴇB
Dijo: Mostly isolating a priori personal language with OSV order (2016); logographic script.
The aim is to make a usable language to teach to a small indeterminate group and create a very small community that can aid with expansion of the language. Inyi: Somewhere between artlang, auxlang & engelang (maybe?) (2016); highly agglutinative & slightly polysynthetic; no geopoetical orientation.
Its purpose is an exploration of language creation to gain knowledge and understanding in the art. vodlem (2018): isolating/agglutinative a priori, OSV order with Active morphosyntactic alignment. The language accompanies the people of invod - a limbo-esque realm that's the setting for a DnD campaign I am writing. The language is spoken by all inhabitants and so the players/adventurers will need to decipher the language over time in order to get by, and probably also speak some of it to communicate with natives. The goal for it is to be pretty simple from a grammar perspective such that it wouldn't take excessive time and effort to note down the grammar amongst the players.

Parlox
Bàsupan (2017): agglutinative, largely SOV word order with tri-consonantal roots, complex nominative-ergative alignment, pharyngeal consonants, an extensive comparative system, and a native script. Bàsupan is widely spoken in mainland Bàsupan, and a prestige language of the region surrounding it.

Lohondla (2018): fusional, largely SOV word order with a synactic ergative alignment, pronominal split-S alignment, and nominal nominative alignment with object pronouns infixing in verbs and more than a dozen ways to negate a verb.

I have plenty of other, very incomplete conlangs such as Rh'ae, Brythónnyc Claire, Oddúhath Claire, Molvanian, Stellendor, Chavajau, Kou (Äshollkovsi), and Koe'ez. These may be posted here in the future if they develop to the point they can be considered a conlang.

prettydragoon
Rireinutire: Artlang (2011); a priori & mostly e posteriori; nominative-accusative alignment, SOV, agglutinative, head-final, pro-drop, four genders (rational, feminine, masculine, inanimate), plural only marked in pronouns, 12 noun cases, telicity distinction in object cases, 5 vowels & 12 consonants, native syllabary.; geopoetical orientation: Rireinu, the homeworld of a spacefaring civilisation somewhere in the Milky Way galaxy. 4000+ words.
Reyzadren
Griuskant: Heartlang/personal language (2014); agglutinative, SVO, direct trigger, head-final, alphabetic conscript; geopoetical orientation: conworld language.
RobElks
Bargazian: Artlang; Indo-European; spoken in central Russia; forms its own branch of IE Ranian: Artlang; highly agglutinative, N-A, non-IE Charinese: Artlang; somewhat agglutinative; Caspian Sea region Shesti: Artlang; Indo-European; non-agglutinative; alternate world
Rodiniye
Rodinian: Auxlang (though feels more like an Artlang!) (2006); intended for international communications
Sglod
Kâzaron: Artlang (2015); somewhere between fusional and agglutinative; SOV. Japanese influenced grammar. About 125 words so far and 30 phonemes.
Shemtov

The Languages of the World of Fuhe:
Fuhean Family:
Fuheko: Graftlang of Japanese and Finnish (no IRL lang exists in the WoF)
Karèwaho: Fuheko with additional Korean and Hungarian grafts. Critically Endangered.
Lumubuhudåg: Dialect continuity. Proto-Fuhean with heavy "Idägian"substrate. Idägian is a graftlang of Ainu, Sami and Samoyedic
The Prophetess' Tongue: Sacred Language. NHG and Spanish Inspired

ɣø: Family: Priori. Sinitic-inspired
Classical Momucharusumuko/Momčalsumai: Priori, Isolate. Inspired by PIE, Ancient Greek, Latin, OHG, NHG. Extinct.

Wanian Family: Priori. Inspired by Austronesian
Shaniija: Inspired by Javanese
Samholamhöwan: Inspired by Various Eastern Indonesian languages
Sawaan: Inspired by Tagalog, Formosan Languages, Samoan
Hafaaatan: Same as above, but with Malagasy
Sáhötan'ővan: Inspired by Polynesian languages
Shäkå̀wawan: Inspired by Malay
Kamatakatìtongasöntà Koine: Same as above, with Sama-Bajau
Thǎm Jẽi Pòu: Priori. Isolate. Tibetan-Inspired

Árrungi: Priori. Arrungian Family. Pama-Nyugan Inspired.

T̟alīf: Priori. Isolate. Pama-Nyugan and Semitic inspirations.

M'aillys: Graftlang of Russian, Welsh and Breton. Isolate, possible link with Momčalsumai.

Tasarian: Priori. Family. Latin and Romance Inspired

Bilan: Priori. Isolate. Basque-Inspired

Kirmitite: Priori. Unknown affiliation. Coptic-Inspired.

Chóonak'íit: Priori. Unknown affiliation. Navajo-Inspired

Ruby-and-Sapphire: Priori. Codename. Family. Inspired by languages of Caucasus

Daa Sevǔihk: Priori. Koine of the Sevǔihkian languages. Dravidian-Inspired

M̟oḩaic: Priori. Family, possible link with Idägian. Inspired by languages of Caucasus.

Shàt: Priori. Chaskian Family. Cushitic, Semitic and Dravidian inspired.

'ohtęk'r̄tṛm'm̄tłeš : Priori. Peninsularian family. Navajo and Iroquois Inspired

Pášmeit Àskhài Latx'eùn: Priori. Last survivor of Pashic. Nahuatl and Jacaltec inspired.

Sílómán: Prori. Omanic Family. Turkic as Fluid-S

Ngǂamian Family: Priori. Nguni Inspired
Eroki Gǂama: Nguni as Split-s
Ūnǂàma: Nguni/Khoesan inspired

Nnaçmàa-yà: Priori. Isolate, possible Para-Ngǂamian. Volta–Niger, English, Ubykh inspirations.

Sḿtuval
Pieveian: Artlang (2016); Western Romance language, spoken in Switzerland Ydtobogan: language family (2014); my first attempt at a language family. Most of the languages are characterized by large vowel inventories (usually at least eight vowels), fusional morphology, duodecimal number system, noun case, the use of a question particle even in non-polar questions, clusivity distinction in the first person plural, etc. There are other common features, but they're either insignificant IMO or likely to become uncommon.

Squall
Sĩburãw: Grammatical and logographic writing system. It is not a spoken language. It uses ideograms, but it can be written with kanji and katakana as well. Xioran: Artlang (2013); made from scratch, highly isolating, regular, flexible word order. Japonic Latin: Graftlang (2015); A combination of Japanese and Latin. Unnamed: Auxlang (2014); an Esperanto-based conlang Neolatin: Artlang (2014); conservative Romance language Yunivah: Artlang (2015); designed to get words from many languages and keep etymological spelling. The pronunciation is always known, but some phonemes can be spelled with multiple manners. Proto-Auxlang: Auxlang (2015); This is a project of creating the easiest auxlang, a language supposed to be simple and easy to learn for most foreigners. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone here dislikes auxlangs. [:'(]
thaen
Nillahimma: Artlang (2015); polysynthetic, weakly ablauting, exploratory. Øð: Artlang (2015); polysynthetic, weakly ablauting, exploratory. Lago: Artlang (2015); isolating, weakly inflecting, geopoetical orientation.
Wario Toad 32
Faloch: experimental language; West Germanic posteriori, diachronic experiment; geopoetical orientation: althistorical setting; evolved from old high German around 1300AD.

WeepingElf
Old Albic: Artlang (2001); VSO/head-initial, agglutinating > fusional, active, fluid-S; geopoetical orientation The Elvenpath
xing
Waku: Analytic conlang; ergative-absolutive, VSO / OVS.
xroox
Tnaap: Artlang, small phoneme inventory (12 phonemes), polysynthetic, VSO, fluid-s active alignment, abugida script.
Last edited by elemtilas on 27 Jul 2021 16:50, edited 68 times in total.
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Sḿtuval »

The only conlang I have that's presentable is Kauzasian. The link's in my sig.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Vrkhazhian.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

I really don't think we need spoiler tags; the languages themselves are the whole focus of this thread. I will just be clicking every single spoiler tag anyway.

Might as well give you mine. These are the three conlangs of mine with any significant online presence:

Himmaswa: (artlang, mainly isolating/analytic, topic prominent, vaguely SE Asian-inspired, with logographic script): Naduta: (artlang, strongly head-final, moderately aglutinative verbs, with logosemantic script) Yabushionese: (artlang, Japonic a posteriori)
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

elemtilas wrote:If you'd like, also please do let me know the date of inception -- I always find it interesting to note how long folks have been working on their project. A Prize for the CBBer with the oldest conlang! Yay!
Himmaswa (begun c. 1998, revamps in 2005, 2009, the majority of the script dates from 2012 and later)
Naduta (begun Nov, 2013)
Yabushionese (begun Jan, 2015)

Also maybe you should change my language names to italics instead of bold, to match with everyone else.

Also I misspelled agglutinative
Last edited by clawgrip on 26 May 2015 18:00, edited 2 times in total.
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Only one in any sort of presentable form is Tirina, which technically has roots in 2004, but the modern form only dates back to 2012. Artlang, agglutinative, for a conworld. CWS pages are here, but be aware some information is outdated (especially the phonology stuff): http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=TNA
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval »

Here's another link: http://conworkshop.com/view_language.php?l=KZP

More info on Kauzasian:

-A priori
-Part of this collaborative conworld.
-ergative-absolutive
-VOS
-alphabetic conscript
-Begun in 2014
cedh
MVP
MVP

Post by cedh »

Buruya Nzaysa: Diachronic artlang, Edastean (2008); collaborative conworld Akana.
Mostly isolating, but with fusional polypersonal agreement on auxiliary verbs; AuxSOV; nominative-accusative. Ndok Aisô: Diachronic artlang, Edastean (2008); collaborative conworld Akana. Co-creator: Dunomapuka.
Moderately synthetic; fusional; SVO; split-S. Tmaśareʔ: Diachronic artlang, Western (2009); collaborative conworld Akana.
Vaguely North America-inspired; polysynthetic with noun incorporation and applicatives; SOV; ergative-absolutive. Doayâu: Diachronic artlang, Western (2010); collaborative conworld Akana.
Tonal; agglutinative; mildly polysynthetic; VSO/variable; ergative-absolutive. Proto-Ronquian: A priori artlang, Ronquian (2013); collaborative conworld Akana. Co-creator: Vec.
  • (Created as a protolanguage for a reconstruction game. Since it hasn't been reconstructed by the other team yet, the documentation of this language is still secret.)
Ronc Tyu: Diachronic artlang, Ronquian (2014); collaborative conworld Akana.
Vaguely East Asian-inspired; tonal; monosyllabic; isolating/fusional; serial verb constructions; SVO; nominative-accusative.
I have several other conlangs that are reasonably functional but have only rudimentary syntax documentation. A list which includes these languages (and an overview about all my Conlang Relay translations) can be found at http://www.frathwiki.com/User:Cedh_audmanh.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

My earliest conception Vrkhazhian was created on February 2nd 2014... to be honest, I don't have a clue just how fusional and agglutinative my conlang is.
I also have: http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=YVR but all but the dictionary is outdated.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

I always lower my head when confronted with Clawgrip's Naduta and Himmaswa. I'm currently working on three conlangs (none of which would really count as detailed enough, I don't think, for the census), Proto-Sirdic (2014), Lesi Kirra (2015) and Proto-Skawlas (2015) (all spoken roughly 4000-5000 years in the past), and I might stop there for the moment, alternating between those three until I'm happy to move onto another (proto) language for Yantas, but the amount of work that's gone into them so far pales in comparison to Clawgrip's work.

The only thing I can say is that right now, none of the languages I'm working on are written in-world, so for the moment I don't have to worry too much about scripts. Once I make my way into history and developing descendent languages, though, I might end up tackling that challenge.

If there's another census next year, I hope to have a much more presentable set of conlangs, but wel'll have to see about that.

Also, well done to Ahzoh with Vrkhazhian. It's progressed really well, in my opinion, over the last year or so.
Last edited by sangi39 on 26 May 2015 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

I'm not sure if any of these threads are detailed enough to count, but I'll submit anyway:

Mithara: 2009*, Artlang, Polysynthetic, Conworld-focused
http://www.cbbforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4362

Haneko: 2012, Artlang, Mildly Synthetic, Conworld-focused
http://www.cbbforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3774

Tazaric: 2014, Artlang, Isolating/Ablaut/Tonal, Conworld-focused
http://www.cbbforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4378

*Actually Mithara didn't really exist in its current form, as a polysynthetic north american-inspired lang, until 2012. Before that it was something else. But it's a Theseus's Ship problem, as the transition happened in stages rather than at any particular point. But the earliest stages of what would become Mithara existed in 2009, so I arbitrarily choose to date it there.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian (1996):

http://khemehekis.angelfire.com/basic.htm

Artlang, a priori, agglutinative, from the planet of a spacefaring people
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
thaen
roman
roman

Post by thaen »

None are finished, but for what it's worth:

Nillahimma: 2015, Artlang, Polysynthetic, Weakly Ablauting, Exploratory, See Here

Øð: 2015, Artlang, Polysynthetic, Weakly Ablauting, Exploratory, See Here

Lago: 2015, Artlang, Isolating, Weakly Inflecting, Conworld-focused, See Here
:con: Nillahimma
:con: Øð!
:con: Coneylang

I am the Great Rabbit. Fear me, O Crabs!
Spoiler:
ı θ ð ʃ ɲ ŋ ʔ ɛ ə ø ʑ ɕ ʷ ʲ ⁿ
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Guidelines inserted; please let me know if something really isn't satisfactory or needs to be reworked!
J_from_Holland
sinic
sinic

Post by J_from_Holland »

Bløjhvåtterskyll: (has no conlang wiki page yet. Where can you buy time and energy to make a good grammar "book" and lessons?)
There's a CBB page about it though, but there waaay too little information there.
----

Isn't it a good idea to include information about how many words the conlangs have and how far they are developed?
For example
Bløjhvåtterskyll: Artlang* (2015); ±1500 words, well-developed grammar**, with cases***, many endings***.

*: when is something an artlang and when isn't it?
**: there's waaay more Bløjhvåtterskyll than I've posted yet on the internet.
***: there must be linguistic terms for those, but I don't know them.
Last edited by J_from_Holland on 28 May 2015 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
A few years, I posted about Bløjhvåtterskyll. That's Barmish nowadays, and it's quite different from back then.
:nld: :mrgreen: | :eng: [:D] | :deu: [:D] | :fra: [:P] | :ell: [:$] | :nor: [:$]
xroox
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by xroox »

Tnaap
Artlang, small phoneme inventory (12 phonemes), polysynthetic, VSO, fluid-s active alignment, abugida script
http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=TRP
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

xroox wrote:Tnaap
Artlang, small phoneme inventory (12 phonemes), polysynthetic, VSO, fluid-s active alignment, abugida script
http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=TRP
I love your phonaesthetics.

Also: this is the best thread ever. I would never have discovered half of these languages without it. Very much appreciated, elemtilas!
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Ook: Minimalistic artlang (2015), a priori, strongly non-concatenative, topic first Omlűt: hatelang (2012), a priori, influenced by German, synthetic and ablauting, XOVS, several dialects Nautli language family: diachronic artlangs (2014), a priori, agglutinative/fusional, part of the collaborative conworld Teles
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

J_from_Holland wrote:Where can you buy time and energy to make a good grammar "book" and lessons?)
For my part, I keep my grammar notes formatted much like an old Joseph Wright or A&G grammar: all ready to export to PDF and save to a reader or, perhaps, have it printed via Lulu or a similar service. I actually did that years ago with an early iteration of the grammars & notes for languages of The World. Hopelessly out of date now but came out very nice at the time!
Isn't it a good idea to include information about how many words the conlangs have and how far they are developed?
Sure. As I said, for the purposes of the Census, descriptions ought to be minimal. However, if you can cram some interesting details into a few words, I'm certainly happy to amend your entry (though may edit as needed).
When is something an artlang and when isn't it?
See http://www.carolandray.plus.com/Glosso/Glossopoeia.html; especially Part 4, Artlangs and Part 6.4, the Gnoli Triangle.
There's waaay more Bløjhvåtterskyll than I've posted yet on the internet.
That's to be expected! All you can do is show us links to what there is online...
There must be linguistic terms for those ("many endings"), but I don't know them.
Morphology?

gestaltist wrote:Also: this is the best thread ever. I would never have discovered half of these languages without it. Very much appreciated, elemtilas!
You're welcome! Of course, I probably wouldn't have done this without it being suggested first!
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval »

Ydtobogȧntiaky language family: diachronic artlangs (2014), a priori, fusional, part of the collaborative conworld Teles
http://telesconlang.wikia.com/wiki/Ydto ... _Languages (incomplete/not very detailed)

Kauzasian's part of this family, but its branch is the most different from the other languages in the family.

For some reason the link's not showing up for me, but copy-pasting the URL into your browser still works.