The First CBB Inverse Relay

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Re: The First CBB Inverse Relay

Post by loglorn »

I said i'd give four more days in case Sḿtuval was unable, and so i will. Don't think anyone would be sad if you took less, though.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Sḿtuval wrote:Yeah I'll most likely hold the relay up no matter where I'm placed so I'll drop out of this relay.
That's really sad Sḿtuval, i hope real life doesn't keep you from conlanging too much. You pull out some really nice stuff.

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

loglorn wrote:
Sḿtuval wrote:Yeah I'll most likely hold the relay up no matter where I'm placed so I'll drop out of this relay.
That's really sad Sḿtuval, i hope real life doesn't keep you from conlanging too much. You pull out some really nice stuff.
[+1]

Spoiler:
loglorn wrote:I said i'd give four more days in case Sḿtuval was unable, and so i will. Don't think anyone would be sad if you took less, though.
Well, I'll certainly try my best.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Unfortunately, what I said in the CBB Conlang Relay VII thread seems to be applicable here, too:
shimobaatar wrote:I think I've technically already gone over 48 hours, but I've been incredibly busy, and working on two relays at once whenever I have free time, so this is just a post to state that I might need a little more time. [:S] [>_<]
Just double "48 hours" in this case.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

I can't apologize enough to all of you for taking so long to translate this; the past two weeks have been among the busiest I've ever lived through. I didn't expect things to be the way they ended up being at all, and while I don't mean for my lateness to be excused, I'd like to at least give an explanation for it.

I've sent a PM with the text in Kerno to elemtilas, and another PM with the text in Kerno and my English translation of the Project Steppe text I received from DesEsseintes to loglorn.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Qmachah torch sent spattering spatzwise on to kanejam!
kanejam
greek
greek

Post by kanejam »

And received. And my, what a beautiful torch it is! Elemtilas has outdone himself.
kanejam
greek
greek

Post by kanejam »

The torch has (finally) been passed on to Lao Kou.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

Back off to loglorn.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Lao Kou wrote:Back off to loglorn.
Received. I'll translate it and post the results later tomorrow.

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Hey Lao Kou, i still need your English translation. Actually, that's all i need before posting the relay results.

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Results

Initial Text:

A Cock, scratching for food, found a precious stone, on which he said: "If someone else had found you would have become something, but i found you for nothing. I would be happier if i found a grain of corn".

Final Text:

A chicken searching for food found a gemstone. The gemstone said: "I found you, a thing that lived, but you need to live." The chicken said: "i didn’t find anything at you. The moon would need to dance for seven days if i found a grain of corn."

Torches

loglorn:
Spoiler:
A Cock, scratching for food, found a precious stone, on which he said: "If someone else had found you would have become something, but i found you for nothing. I would be happier if i found a grain of corn".
Into DesEsseintes Nınuıntı:
Spoiler:
hıuua tıltıuc hulta up cımpaı ın aıc naulut tampal hıı raca ıat tampal: "aaıunat tu amac ınca up hınaı maı hıuua naulına, raına utaıtıt. lıı maı hıuuıga naulına ıa gımı ataı. ınaua hıuuıga naulut hucu uılpu, hııraua muncuııt garaua"
DesEsseintes:
Spoiler:
A chicken looking for food came upon a gemstone and said to it: "If only you had been a living thing that I found. But I found you to no avail. If I had found some grains of corn, I would have been happier."
Into shimobaatar's Project Steppe
Spoiler:
Savan lijutsetevovale suŋwel sujsepejejuna sujopsenotluskwen: "Ik setevvetek sujapetevejuna ŋeltassujvipevetek. Alalapenotejuna jaŋpumi. Aŋwuvalapenaje tusku tovemso saŋwkwejapeseŋwejuna."
shimobaatar:
Spoiler:
A chicken looking for food found a gemstone and said: You, a non-living thing I found, should really have been alive. But I found you in vain. If I'd found any corn seeds, I would have been happy.
Into elemtilas' Kerno:
Spoiler:
Yn ngalyw, ce que gouechtiale sa gasav-al, yn yeme sa inweni-al e sa dhecki: Ty, yn ngosa ce que ne sa ist veif mech ce quen eo inweni-al, devus ystar veif. Imheri, wanetats eo inweni-ti. Si eo yn ghradnes do mais inweniessem-els, eo ystarew felech.
elemtilas:
Spoiler:
A hen who was looking for food found a gem. Said: "I found you, something which is not living, but you should be living. I say: with nothing I found thee! Maybe I found a rice pip; then seven times by the Moon I would dance!"
Into kanejam's Qmachah:
Spoiler:
gy đluq džu gy kaba tyjukit, gy ylo nuqvonjukit. gukjukit: ,,ala nuva nuqvonjulat, gy ćylo džu bilati, gju nuva ilatin čatu. guklalat: bilo ću ala nuva nuqvonjulat! ala gy gipa olisi kala nuqvonjulat; tun tatalo omo o vańa śukutalat čatalat!’’
kanejam:
Spoiler:
A chicken looking for food found a gem. The gem said: I found you, something which is not alive but which should be. The chicken said: with nothing I have found you. Maybe I have found a grain of rice; then before a week, the moon should dance.
Into Lao Kou's Géarthnuns:
Spoiler:
Sau papöters sa glomansat zhdazhalök lé sau sögmersaut thnövezçihef. Chau sögmers lé ngamoth: sí lé öçket zçihef, fa shahöcheps la pezalöb arkfö öçek la pezalob daikh. Chau papöters lé ngamoth: sí lé öçkek shahöveps zçihef. Sí lé sü shöiveksüt sí chelsís hauzçihef; jöve cha rhíans lí puskau sír thlüns heförhífaz daikh.
Lao Kou:
Spoiler:
A chicken looking for food came across a gemstone. The gem said, "I, something not living, found you, but you should live."
The chicken said, "I found nothing in you. If I found a grain of rice, then the moon will have to dance before a week."
Into loglorn's Retla:
Spoiler:
Kta wi tgu latiili tzmil le tuxa le wi ki thṣutphiŋtfi. Kpa iŋpi ki thṣutphiŋtfi: "Kta tra le gu, le thṣu tphu, te ṣilipil gu le phu." Kpa iŋpi tgu latiili: "Kkta tra le thṣu ta gu. Ṣilipil iŋpi ki kphip, pe na ith wup, le telepi takta tra le rektrajttuja ji klo."
Final translation:
Spoiler:
A chicken searching for food found a gemstone. The gemstone said: "I found you, a thing that lived, but you need to live." The chicken said: "i didn’t find anything at you. The moon would need to dance for seven days if i found a grain of corn."