Bracelet language!

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Ebon
sinic
sinic

Re: Bracelet language!

Post by Ebon »

Stuff is happening!

I assigned the moods and aspects to different materials. As always there's a chance I might tweak things later.

- indicative: Copper
- subjunctive: Silver
- imperative: Rose Gold
- passive: Glass (clear/no color)
- perfect: Mahogany
- progressive: Ivory
- habitual: Yellow Gold
- perfect progressive: Ebony
- perfect habitual: Birch
- subclauses: Iron

Also, markers. Because words can be part of any word category, markers are needed even for plain verbs and nominative nouns. Markers will be shaped like bars, to avoid confusion with the words themselves.

Bars for nouns are horizontal and placed above the word.
Nominative noun: A red glass bar
Accusative noun: A yellow glass bar
Genitive noun: A green glass bar
Vocative/name marker: A blue glass bar

I've decided not to conjugate verbs in any way, so unless I missed something, they need two markers: Plain verb and participle.
Verb bars are vertical and placed to the left of the word.
Plain verb: A purple bar
Participle: An orange bar

(Other markers will come later.)

Subclauses will be formed by attaching an iron plate on the bangle and putting the decorations on that. Tense is determined by the edge shape again; the shapes are the same as with bangles. Mood and aspect are shown by placing a dot of the appropriate material on the plate. If it's in the top left, the subclause's subject is first person; in the top right, second person; in the bottom tight third person; and in the bottom left, generic person. If it's in the top middle, the subclause has no subject.

For example, if you wanted to make a subclause like "[the person] that I talked to", you'd get an iron plate with a wavy edge and a copper dot in the upper left corner. " [the person] that eats the meal" would be an iron plate with a straight edge and a copper dot in the upper middle.

Word order is largely free. If you move your arms around they'll be seen from different angles anyway. There are a few exceptions, however:

- Subclauses must come before the noun they apply to.
- Same goes for adjectives.
- Postpositions need to come after.
- Probably others I'm forgetting right now.