Visigothic 1.0

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
spanick
roman
roman

Re: Visigothic 1.0

Post by spanick »

shimobaatar wrote: Thank you very much! I'm glad you like them, although I am thinking about going back and redoing them to some extent; I've actually fallen out of love with the extent to which the sound changes replicate those of Spanish. I don't want to make it feel more Gothic, but I want to give it its own flavor independent of any real-world Iberian language as well.
Totally understandable. I've had similar issues when working on Gutisk. I want to retain characteristically germanic traits and within that Gothic traits, but I also want to incorporate slavic influence. Very fine line to walk. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what changes you make.
zyma
korean
korean

Re: Visigothic 1.0

Post by zyma »

KaiTheHomoSapien wrote:So many words ending in /s/...that's my kind of language ;)
Thanks!
spanick wrote:
shimobaatar wrote: Thank you very much! I'm glad you like them, although I am thinking about going back and redoing them to some extent; I've actually fallen out of love with the extent to which the sound changes replicate those of Spanish. I don't want to make it feel more Gothic, but I want to give it its own flavor independent of any real-world Iberian language as well.
Totally understandable. I've had similar issues when working on Gutisk. I want to retain characteristically germanic traits and within that Gothic traits, but I also want to incorporate slavic influence. Very fine line to walk. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what changes you make.
Thank you, same to you!
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)