Lidepla conlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Lidepla conlang

Post by esra »

I know these lectures (YT recommendations). Most interesting I found that reasonable idealist term.

Coating some conlang IAL-ish, that doesn't motivate me to learn and use some conlang. Participation at some E-o events did immunize me against that kind of promotion. Same with reasoning of Lingua franca history against any right to exist and use of some conlang. Nobody can predict what technical innovations and travelling opportunities will make some IAL necessary or obsolete. Why then to discuss about something nobody can predict? Simply play around with conlangs, use it, create digital saved cultural heritage for next generations, organize face-to-face events, not to forget "have fun to use it" not discussing ("massage") conlangs its values into ground and soil.
Last edited by esra on 15 Oct 2016 22:05, edited 4 times in total.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

In my opinion thats example of what most IAL-ishness some conlang can archieve nowadays:

LPG: "... Afterwards we started to play in Esperanto* - what is even more smaller language than the Svedish and promoted - we got appreciation across the whole world. ..."

Usage of some conlang can give you zest for life/ Lebensfreude, thats what someones can expect (maximum?), shouldn't expect more to keep non-kabei-ish** reasonable idealist.

* Esperanto is most sucessful conlang. Those who refuse that those don't know Esperanto (youth) community its event culture.
** "Kabe," meaning "to fervently and successfully participate in Esperanto, then suddenly and silently drop out."
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Yes, then why esra speaks that much about E-o though esra wants to promote Lidepla conlang? Well, I don't see problem to mix several conlang culture. Should I exclude friends I made at Esperantujo, should I exclude them just for IAL-ish competition? No. I won't. Anyway, what E-o (youth) community can archieve nowadays that every other conlang (youth) can archieve, too. [:D]
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Well I guess we have to allow Esperanto speakers here for reasons of inclusiveness, don't we?
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Frislander wrote:Well I guess we have to allow Esperanto speakers here for reasons of inclusiveness, don't we?
TMK, there is no rule banning Esperanto speakers in the Conlangs section. But if this is intended as a discussion on the usability of Lingwa de Planeta, I'm 'fraid it probably shouldn't be here.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

qwed117 wrote:TMK, there is no rule banning Esperanto speakers in the Conlangs section.
Its not about banning of Esperanto speakers. Its just about to avoid to repeat dead end IAL-ish promotion.
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

esra wrote:
qwed117 wrote:TMK, there is no rule banning Esperanto speakers in the Conlangs section.
Its not about banning of Esperanto speakers. Its just about to avoid to repeat dead end IAL-ish promotion.
It's just one person doing the whole thing! [xD]
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Quite often matters are pushed forward and burden by single persons.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

esra wrote:
How to promote XYZ conlang
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

I made simple vertical Interlinear gloss of NoRuLa Scene 2 for use at mobile phones (optimized for FBReader):

Dropbox share

Swasti,
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by shanoxilt »

esra wrote:Quite often matters are pushed forward and burden by single persons.
That is true. I only know of one contemporary Volapukist on Youtube.
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.