New auxiliary attempt

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

New auxiliary attempt

Post by Taurenzine »

So I'm trying to make an Auxiliary Language. It's not going to catch on, I know, but that's not really the point... The point is more to be able to have something I can speak with my friends and to have something that I can improve my language making skills with.
So because its an auxiliary, the phonology is very simple.
-Consonants-
Nasals: /m/ /n/
Plosives: /p/ /pʰ/ /t/ /tʰ/ /k/ /kʰ/
Fricatives:/s/ /ʃ/
Affricates:/t͡s/ /t͡ʃ/
Approximants: /j/
Tap or Flaps: /ɾ/

-Vowels-
Close: /i/ /i:/ /ɯ/ /ɯ:/
Open-Mid: /ɛ/ /ɛ:/ /ʌ/ /ʌ:/
Open:/a/ /a:/

-Phonotactics-
Onset, all consonants and affricates
Nucleus, all vowels and elongated vowels
Coda, all consonants EXCEPT unaspirated plosives and /ɾ/

that's basically it for that. I don't really have any diphthongs, so you could call it a CVC or a CCVC depending on how you look at Affricates and how you look at the sound /j/.

-NOUNS-

So I made it so that all nouns end in /ʌ/.

for noun cases, I made a weird system up. To make it easier to learn for others, I did something similar to the similarity between the suffix 's and the word of in english, but for almost all of my noun cases.

So here's the full chart:

Nominative: noun ends in /nɛ/

Accusative: noun ends in /mʌ/

Genetive: EITHER noun ends in /ɾa/, or the word /nɛɾa/ comes before the noun (like 's and of)

Locative: EITHER noun ends in /t͡ʃɯ/ or the word /nɛt͡ʃɯ/ comes before the noun (like at in english or ni in japanese (I think))

Ablative: Either noun ends in /kʌ/ or the word /nɛkʌ/ comes before the noun (from)

Dative/Allative:Either noun ends in /tɛ/ or the word /nɛtɛ/ comes before the noun (to)

Perlative: Either noun ends in /t͡si/ or the word /nɛt͡si/ comes before the noun (via)

Benefactive: Either noun ends in /ʃʌ/ or the word /nɛʃʌ/ comes before the noun (for)

Instrumental: Either noun ends in /sɯj/ or the word /nɛsɯj/ comes before the noun (with/using)

So those are all those... Some may say a lot, but I mean there's an english equivalent for quite all of these (just not an english equivalent suffix)

-VERBS-

So for all infinitives, after the root of the verb comes /as/

the root should end in a consonants, but the infinitive should end with /as/ as stated above.

to give an example, I have the word that I may or may not keep, /sɛɾas/, which means to jump.

for the present tense, there are no prefixes. but for the past, future, and future-relative-to-past, there are. same with progressive, perfect, and perfect-progressive aspects.

So here's the chart:
----------------------------------------------Past(t͡ʃi)--------Present--------Future(kɛ)--------FRTP(ʃɯ)
-------------------------Simple(a)-------t͡ʃisera------------sera-------------kɛsera---------------ʃɯsera
----------------Progressive(aj)-------t͡ʃiseraj-----------seraj------------kɛseraj--------------ʃɯseraj
---------------------Perfect(asa)-------t͡ʃiserasa-------serasa---------kɛserasa----------ʃɯserasa
Perfect Progressive(asaj)-------t͡ʃiserasaj------serasaj--------kɛserasaj----------ʃɯserasaj

I really would like opinions.

EDIT: I'll change the verb conjugation like this, fix some errors, and give some more info:

----------------------------------------------Past(t͡ʃi:)--------Present--------Future(kɛ)--------FRTP(ʃɯ)
-------------------------Simple(a)-------t͡ʃi:sɛra------------sɛra-------------kɛsɛra----------ʃɯsɛra
----------------Progressive(aj)-------t͡ʃi:sɛraj-----------sɛraj------------kɛsɛraj-----------ʃɯsɛraj
---------------------Perfect(asa)-------t͡ʃi:sɛrasa-------sɛrasa-----------kɛsɛrasa----------ʃɯsɛrasa
Perfect Progressive(asaj)-------t͡ʃi:sɛrɯ-----------sɛrɯ----------kɛsɛrɯ-------------ʃɯsɛrɯ

For commands, instead of using the present simple like in english, I have a different conjugation where after the verb root you add /ɛ/. for example, if I were to tell you to jump, I would say /sɛrɛ/.

I understand that there are some sounds that I really am not using very much and might use later, but they could get cut and replaced or just removed. The most obvious being elongated vowels and aspirated plosives.
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: New auxiliary attempt

Post by shanoxilt »

Did you ever attempt this project with your friends?
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.