CBB Conlang Relay IX

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Re: CBB Conlang Relay IX

Post by DesEsseintes »

I was hoping to finish the torch this evening but I’m afraid it hasn’t happened. I’m going to need another day or two. Sorry for the delay.
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Torch sent to bbbourq.
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

DesEsseintes wrote: 14 Feb 2018 04:40Torch sent to bbbourq.
Received. I will review it tonight and start working on it tomorrow barring life's curve balls.
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
cedh
MVP
MVP

Post by cedh »

I know I'm very late, but now it's becoming clear that I should have enough free time next week, so: Can I still join?

You could simply put me at the end of the chain, unless either Dormouse559 or Frislander wants to specifically translate out of one of my languages, then I could jump in earlier too. I plan to use Ronc Tyu; alternatively, Buruya Nzaysa and Tmaśareʔ would also be possible.
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

Status (will be updated as progress is made):

Code: Select all

[X] Received
[X] Read the documentation
[X] Understood the documentation
[X] Gloss the text
[X] Translate to English
[X] Translate to Lortho
[X] Documentation
[X] Send to Dormouse559
Last edited by bbbourq on 20 Feb 2018 03:24, edited 5 times in total.

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

cedh wrote: 15 Feb 2018 14:54 I know I'm very late, but now it's becoming clear that I should have enough free time next week, so: Can I still join?

You could simply put me at the end of the chain, unless either Dormouse559 or Frislander wants to specifically translate out of one of my languages, then I could jump in earlier too. I plan to use Ronc Tyu; alternatively, Buruya Nzaysa and Tmaśareʔ would also be possible.
I'd be happy to translate from you whichever you go for (though I think I'd prefer Ronc Tyu as it's my first relay and I'd want something fairly easy to handle and transparent, i.e. not Tmaśareʔ).
kiwikami
roman
roman
Location: Oh, I don't know, I'm probably around here somewhere.

Post by kiwikami »

Frislander wrote: 15 Feb 2018 17:57
cedh wrote: 15 Feb 2018 14:54 I know I'm very late, but now it's becoming clear that I should have enough free time next week, so: Can I still join?

I'd be happy to translate from you whichever you go for (though I think I'd prefer Ronc Tyu as it's my first relay and I'd want something fairly easy to handle and transparent, i.e. not Tmaśareʔ).
Shall I put cedh in just before you, then, Frislander?
Edit: Substituted a string instrument for a French interjection.

:eng: :mrgreen: | :fra: [:)] | ASL [:S] | :deu: [:|] | :tan: [:(] | :nav: [:'(]
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

kiwikami wrote: 15 Feb 2018 22:55
Frislander wrote: 15 Feb 2018 17:57

Shall I put cedh in just before you, then, Frislander?
Yes please do.
cedh
MVP
MVP

Post by cedh »

Frislander wrote: 16 Feb 2018 12:13
kiwikami wrote: 15 Feb 2018 22:55 Shall I put cedh in just before you, then, Frislander?
Yes please do.
That's fine with me too.

Frislander wrote: 15 Feb 2018 17:57 I'd be happy to translate from you whichever you go for (though I think I'd prefer Ronc Tyu as it's my first relay and I'd want something fairly easy to handle and transparent, i.e. not Tmaśareʔ).
Tmaśareʔ can also be fairly transparent, I think; maybe more so than some of your own conlangs (in particular, I remember person marking in Kaita being deliciously complicated). But I'm fine with using a more isolating language if you wish... ;-)
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

Torch passed on to Dormouse559.

Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Torch received.
kiwikami
roman
roman

Post by kiwikami »

bbbourq wrote: 20 Feb 2018 03:24 Torch passed on to Dormouse559.
Could you send me a copy, as well as a copy of the English translation of what you got from DesEsseintes?

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

So my schedule just became a lot more open… Would it still be possible for me to participate in this? Though I completely understand if you guys don't want to add anyone else, especially since there are only a few more people left.
kiwikami
roman
roman

Post by kiwikami »

shimobaatar wrote: 21 Feb 2018 05:54 So my schedule just became a lot more open… Would it still be possible for me to participate in this? Though I completely understand if you guys don't want to add anyone else, especially since there are only a few more people left.
It is stretching out a bit, but I don't mind if others don't?

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

kiwikami wrote: 21 Feb 2018 05:58
shimobaatar wrote: 21 Feb 2018 05:54 So my schedule just became a lot more open… Would it still be possible for me to participate in this? Though I completely understand if you guys don't want to add anyone else, especially since there are only a few more people left.
I certainly don’t mind, and I think relays, speedlanging weekends, etc., should be about getting as many people on board as possible. So my vote is for shimobaatar to be allowed to participate.
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

DesEsseintes wrote: 21 Feb 2018 06:08
kiwikami wrote: 21 Feb 2018 05:58
I certainly don’t mind, and I think relays, speedlanging weekends, etc., should be about getting as many people on board as possible. So my vote is for shimobaatar to be allowed to participate.
I'm of this opinion as well.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

At this point, the original text is most likely completely lost anyway. So I agree, it doesn't really make a difference anymore, and I'd personally feel a little upset if I wasn't allowed to participate now.
I'd say welcome Shimo.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
kiwikami
roman
roman

Post by kiwikami »

Alrighty! Do you know what conlang you'll be using, Shimo?

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Thanks everyone. [:)]
kiwikami wrote: 21 Feb 2018 19:51 Alrighty! Do you know what conlang you'll be using, Shimo?
Almost certainly Visigothic, since it's currently my most developed language (if only because it's a posteriori).
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Torch sent to cedh.