Help Needed for Conlang Song Project

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Noshi187
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Help Needed for Conlang Song Project

Post by Noshi187 »

Inspired by a song I heard recently that uses the same verse in different languages, I want to create a song about and for conlangs and conlangers (conlinguists?) using the same verse translated into different conlangs.

So, if you have a conlang and you want to help out, or try a translation exercise, translate the following verse:

I've got something I want to tell you
Just a little something I want to say
If you wanna listen, then come on and listen
Listen to the things that I have to say

Maybe someday we will share it with the world
Maybe we're just gonna keep it to ourselves
But these are my words, my stories
So if you'd like to hear them
You can listen to the things I have to say

I also would want someone to translate this into Esperanto (and possibly either Sindarin, Klingon, or Dothraki), since I don't know it very well.

Feel more than free to translate this less-than-literally, with whatever structure or colloquialisms fit best. Rhyme is not necessary, but if you can do it, that'd be cool. Don't worry about matching rhythm too strictly unless I tell you specifically, or you can tell that it's really out of hand.

I'll put the verses together, sing the song, and possibly upload it to YouTube. Please include the name you want to be listed as in the video, the name of your conlang, the verse translated into your conlang, a literal English translation of your verse for captioning purposes, and a pronunciation guide so that I can sing them accurately.

Thank you all!
Linguist, musician, daydreamer
Ha iruma soa!
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Re: Help Needed for Conlang Song Project

Post by Reyzadren »

Interested, but it would be helpful if you also show the actual song itself. Translations can be easier in a song imo, especially because of melody and rhythm.

Also, do you accept conscripts for this conlang translation?
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Noshi187
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Noshi187 »

Interested, but it would be helpful if you also show the actual song itself. Translations can be easier in a song imo, especially because of melody and rhythm.

Also, do you accept conscripts for this conlang translation?
I'll try and get an audio file up here, do you have any idea how? And I would say yes, except that given the YouTube video format I plan to use, it'd be difficult to fit conscripts in.
Linguist, musician, daydreamer
Ha iruma soa!
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

Just upload the audio on some other website like Soundcloud or Clyp, then provide a link.

Also, my conlang must be written with its script, as it natively does not use abecedarian alphabets. It's easy to fit it into videos for a youtube channel, especially if images are used [:D]
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread