Esperantidos - pros and contras?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Re: Esperantidos - pros and contras?

Post by Reyzadren »

Zé do Rock wrote: 13 Jul 2018 11:38What is eesier in your language than in Ido? I had a look at griuskant, the writing isnt certainly eesier, nor the pronunciation with its TH. Maybe the grammar, but why?
My own conlang certainly is easier for me, but not necessarily for anyone else. The non-abecedarian writing is easier/more efficient and less ambiguous than diagraphs etc. Also, /θ/ isn't a difficult phoneme, if someone wants to learn my conlang, I think one would have more problem with /ɣ/, /Y/ or /ɯ/ imo.

Also, auxlangers tend to overestimate the simplicity of an auxlang's grammar and downplay its importance upon a wide range of audience. The grammar in Ido and most other auxlangs might seem easy from an English perspective, but will not make sense according to some other languages. You can't see it and asked why - exactly the problem of other auxlangers too.
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Zé do Rock
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Esperantidos - pros and contras?

Post by Zé do Rock »

Reyzadren wrote: 13 Jul 2018 23:35
My own conlang certainly is easier for me, but not necessarily for anyone else. The non-abecedarian writing is easier/more efficient and less ambiguous than diagraphs etc. Also, /θ/ isn't a difficult phoneme, if someone wants to learn my conlang, I think one would have more problem with /ɣ/, /Y/ or /ɯ/ imo.

Also, auxlangers tend to overestimate the simplicity of an auxlang's grammar and downplay its importance upon a wide range of audience. The grammar in Ido and most other auxlangs might seem easy from an English perspective, but will not make sense according to some other languages. You can't see it and asked why - exactly the problem of other auxlangers too.
REFORMEE

Bon, cee sons la sont auci dificiles, mais je ne sais pas pourcoi tu dis que le TH nest pas dificil. En Europa, fuera inglés no hay muchas lenguas que lo tienen: grego e espanhol, e só o espanhol da Espanha. Ausser Europa kenn ich kaum eine sprache, die den laut hat - sicher gibt es die, aber eine mehrheit sind sie sicher nich. Ee la majoritee dee gens qui parlent une langue sans TH le prononcent comme /d/ ou /z/, ee il y a meme dee plusieurs dialectes anglis qui ne lont pas.

Ido y - supongo - la mayoría de las otras auxlangs no son solo fáciles para los ingleses, ellas son también fáciles para los hablantes de las otras lenguas indo-europeas, que son la mayoría en todos continentes excepto Asia. E eu nao acredito que exista uma auxlang que seja facil para a maioria dos asiaticos...

ENGLISH HOUSE STILE

Well, they ar dificult sounds too, but i dont know why you say that TH isnt dificult. In Europe, except for english thare arnt many languages that hav it: grek and espanish, and only europan espanish. Out of Europe i dont know many languages that hav it - sure they exist, but i'd bet they'r not a majority. And the majority of peeple who speek a language without TH pronounce it as /d/ or /z/, thare ar eeven quite a few english dialects that dont hav it.

Ido and - i guess - the majority of other auxlangs arnt only eesy for the anglos, they'r also eesy for the speekers of other indo-european languages, that ar a majority in all continents except Asia. And i cant imagin that thare is an auxlang that could be eesy for the majority of asians...