Post by Ceresz »

Sweet, I'll be sure to follow it.
MONOBA
greek
greek

Re: Siųa

Post by MONOBA »

More:
Katitsġovahimi ỉnginekni onuiddįiumi savla besġotima. Tsavmumohkia niṡenotiulima, mintįai on kehhųai on kumostai te taga aihhaustaka sised muvma nuoįomi, sġonamo ka uvnįa miengila pilkehhųaįagi. Osoavkiulimi soakuhta tįibe okęhubengomehri, sġehta riekumi gagi te nįunoma. Imahhįupiami onta totõrita-go sihdi tsusivmo te magga nilotsta, dia katta omṡia ilįadna, ilįa toarka, hausġela te sủhma siaįomi. Dia ogia ỷksy pỉhra, pįahpi-go mehiu pialįenotiprima.
Ỉngiugge ủki gosulhamo arrui, ogįeiska sigvima saįo saigi. Ỉhhiu tahhita abma kõvkie liovva-hi kivtįa kieskamiudi.
Oni suodnatami. Tatįoimủ on ỉngiumi, saṡkaba nõ ka saṡvimi. Nuidniaṡimi Sỷdi gala kume eleba te luorri tahhua. Koġoggoiu on sehmeiska nonutta ruovti, miumui ka miehdita nivvos. Ukediksiuįa neulkiue gagi ohkuri tįita kįohko. Ukedahtiu sepsestaįa ivta bauvvibiahhelita nenotsuttaigge.
Mimi keddua Siųa, tảmṡita-go kimi. Netami onka, kivla kokkia-go oda, tugįuniki katta. Toni on ugįukkami, moni ka maserįeni. Te ko, pihhui tami oṡkįu-ko deitata. Įủnalata, onitįa avvi data kesuemi komo sahhįantaita, iįomui įu noai uįononorota deita.

-

Katitsġovahimi ỉnginekni onuiddįiumi savla besġotima:
I want to tell you how I would like to live, peacefully:

Tsavmumohkia niṡenotiulima, mintįai on kehhųai on kumostai te taga aihhaustaka sised muvma nuoįomi, sġonamo ka uvnįa miengila pilkehhųaįagi.
In the thick verdant of the vibrant forest, I would want to be amongst the great tall pines, firs and spruces bare at their base, in the shade of red pine tops.

Osoavkiulimi soakuhta tįibe okęhubengomehri, sġehta riekumi gagi te nįunoma.
I would have built a small house with a roof covered in pine needles, maybe with a wife and child.

Imahhįupiami onta totõrita-go sihdi tsusivmo te magga nilotsta, dia katta omṡia ilįadna, ilįa toarka, hausġela te sủhma siaįomi.
I would hunt for my family fresh fish and tasty meat, and we would have a garden, where we would keep roots, edible plants and berry bushes.

Dia ogia ỷksy pỉhra, pįahpi-go mehiu pialįenotiprima.
I would have a yew bow, my brightly red pįahpi (yew-bow).

Ỉngiugge ủki gosulhamo arrui, ogįeiska sigvima saįo saigi.
We would live by a calm lake, where the moose comes to bathe himself at dusk.

Ỉhhiuska tahhita abma kõvkie liovva-hi kivtįa kieskamiudi.
The bear cups would climb up into the trees, under the watchful eyes of their mother.

Oni suodnatami.
I would want it to be like this.

Tatįoimủ on ỉngiumi, saṡkaba nõ ka saṡvimi.
I would live on my own and I would speak my language.

Nuidniaṡimi Sỷdi gala kume eleba te luorri tahhua.
I would be able to identify any plant and every tree with Siųa.

Koġoggoiu on sehmeiska nonuttami ruovti, miumui ka miehdita nivvos.
My every word would echoe off the cliffs, get sucked into the wet moss.

Ukediksiuįa neulkiue gagi ohkuri tįita kįohko.
They would be carried deep into the rotten wood by little ants.

Ukedahtiu sepsestaįa ivta bauvvibiahhelita nenotsuttaigge.
Our songs would be carried way far up into the sky by the wings of the raven.

Mimi on keddua Siųa, tảmṡita-go ka kimi.
It is for this reason that Siųa exists, for my world.

Netami onka, kivla kokkia-go oda, tugįuniki katta. Toni on ugįukkami, moni ka maserįeni.
While I know that it is all in my mind, it feels real. The more realistic I make it, the better I feel.

Te ko, pihhui tami oṡkįu-ko deitata.
And well, it could one day exist.

Įủnalata, onitįa avvi data kesuemi komo sahhįantaita, iįomui įu noai uįononorota deita!
You see, when it will be finished, I will want to learn to speak it by teaching it to myself, and then it could be said that it has come true!
Last edited by MONOBA on 04 Dec 2011 06:30, edited 2 times in total.
Pirka
roman
roman

Post by Pirka »

"Bear cups"? [:S]

I like the text. Very poetic. Maybe you could record it and read it as a poem!
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

MONOBA wrote:So here is a preview of the phonology.
A lot of stuff is missing, but as I'm trying to work on verbal morphology, I'll leave it missing for the time being. If you have any questions or comments (especially about the quality of the English, mistakes, formatting, whatever), do speak up!

Siųa Phonology
Holy fuck that is a million times more complicated that anything I've ever tried.

I might as well just give up conlanging at this point
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

Pirka wrote:"Bear cups"? [:S]
cubs
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

Chagen wrote:
A lot of stuff is missing, but as I'm trying to work on verbal morphology, I'll leave it missing for the time being. If you have any questions or comments (especially about the quality of the English, mistakes, formatting, whatever), do speak up!

Siųa Phonology
Holy fuck that is a million times more complicated that anything I've ever tried.

Sounds like the road to success.

How long have you been conlanging again?
MONOBA
greek
greek

Post by MONOBA »

Little cups made to hold bears. You place the bear in the cup. This holds the bear.
Visinoid
roman
roman

Post by Visinoid »

Chagen wrote:

Siųa Phonology

You're kidding right? Otherwise, don't even read mine when I'll post it... (Soon...)

Complexity isn't the path the felicity. It doesn't mean it's "better" or more "beautiful". (His lang is... Nonetheless. :3)
Last edited by Visinoid on 03 Dec 2011 18:39, edited 3 times in total.
rickardspaghetti
roman
roman

Post by rickardspaghetti »

MONOBA wrote:Little cups made to hold bears. You place the bear in the cup. This holds the bear.
Pics or it didn't happen.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
Spoiler:
Ǧ Š Ȟ Ž Č

ǧ š ŋ ȟ ž č
:swe: [:D] :vgtl: [:D] :eng: [:)] :ita: [:|] :lkt: [:'(]
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

Aszev wrote:
Chagen wrote:

Siųa Phonology

Less than 3 months
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Don't be so hard on yourself: I spent nearly a year conlanging before I reached the level you're at right now. You're doing just fine.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
cybrxkhan
roman
roman

Post by cybrxkhan »

Micamo wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself: I spent nearly a year conlanging before I reached the level you're at right now. You're doing just fine.
I spent like 8 years, and 6.5 or so of those years without any people on a conlanging/conworlding forum to help me. So you're definitely doing fine, especially since you can always ask anyone here for advice.
I now have a blog. Witness the horror.

I think I think, therefore I think I am.
- Ambrose Bierce
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Chagen wrote:I might as well just give up conlanging at this point
No, I spent about two years at about the level you're at before the first time I was the first to post a correct answer to someone's question.

And for a very long time I was thrilled each time anyone said one of my answers was both correct and helpful, because that was a rather rare event. (I'm still thrilled; only more often now, much to my joy.)

And I have yet to publish as much about even my most worked-out conlang as most other board-members have about their most worked-out ones.

So; I recommend persistence. They say "ten years of effortful study" is what makes you an expert. "Effortful study" means continually trying things that are just barely within, or just barely beyond, your abilities.

Don't be impatient with yourself, and don't be discouraged by that "ten years" thing; you don't really need to have any ambition to become "expert", you just want to be good enough.

As for complexity;

I recommend including one highly unusual (or even unattested) feature, or two features that are not too unusual alone but never or rarely occur together, and making the rest of your conlang as "normal" as possible. Don't try to investigate too many complexities in a single conlang; it might wind up unlearnable and/or unusable. That's what happened to Volapuk.

But see Aikhenvald's book on Tariana; it's a natlang, but it has "everything but the kitchen sink".
Last edited by eldin raigmore on 03 Dec 2011 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

Chagen wrote:
Aszev wrote:
Chagen wrote:

Siųa Phonology

Less than 3 months
Yeah... compare that to those of us who count in years.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

eldin raigmore wrote:I recommend including one highly unusual (or even unattested) feature, or two features that are not too unusual alone but never or rarely occur together, and making the rest of your conlang as "normal" as possible. Don't try to investigate too many complexities in a single conlang; it might wind up unlearnable and/or unusable.
Better yet, work in just one thing you're uncomfortable with at a time. Play with it and read up on it until it's not big and scary anymore, then move on to adding other stuff. It's what I had to do (and am still doing) with Midhara: And it's been working out nicely.

Anyway, Chagen, you're a smart kid. You're progressing faster than most of us. Give it a year and I bet you'll be blowing Siwa out of the water.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Micamo wrote:(W)ork in just one thing you're uncomfortable with at a time. Play with it and read up on it until it's not big and scary anymore, then move on to adding other stuff. It's what I had to do (and am still doing) with Midhara: And it's been working out nicely.
Yes! I endorse what Micamo just said.
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

Micamo wrote:Anyway, Chagen, you're a smart kid. You're progressing faster than most of us.
Very true; you've outstripped me already and I had maybe about a year or so head start on you.
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
MONOBA
greek
greek

Post by MONOBA »

Visinoid wrote:
Chagen wrote:

Siųa Phonology

You're kidding right? Otherwise, don't even read mine when I'll post it... (Soon...)

Complexity isn't the path the felicity. It doesn't mean it's "better" or more "beautiful". (His lang is... Nonetheless. :3)

I agree. What I have isn't endless because of complexity but rather because of detailed descriptions (in awkward English).

Also Image
MONOBA
greek
greek

Post by MONOBA »

This is the glossed version with various corrections. This just took for ever.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216892/pial%C4 ... iprima.pdf
Bristel
sinic
sinic

Post by Bristel »

Aszev wrote:
Chagen wrote:
Aszev wrote:
Chagen wrote:

Siųa Phonology

Less than 3 months
Yeah... compare that to those of us who count in years.
I count in years. That is .25 years. [B)]
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīqua cupiditāte illectus hōc agō.
[tiː.mɔ.tʉɥs god.lɐf hɑwk]