What did you accomplish today? [2011–2019]

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
zyma
korean
korean

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by zyma »

qwed117 wrote:I'd love to discuss right, now but my phone's at 2%. I'll have to leave this for the morning.
No worries. Rest well!
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

shimobaatar wrote:
The latest post doesn't look any different from previous posts, at least to me.
Oh... the large first letter of the paragraphs is missing, and it doesn't break to make short columns. But if it never really mattered...
shimobaatar wrote:
qwed117 wrote: On the bright side, I MADE A NEW POST IN MYSTERYLANG. No linguistics yet, though. This might seem unexciting, but I swear, it gets more interesting. BIG SPOILER AHEAD: Trolled u, belated April fools
At first I thought the message behind the spoiler meant that the thread won't be getting any more interesting. [:P] There will be more information of some sort about a language eventually, though, right? While your posts do continue to feel like they could be real newspaper columns or something of the sort, you've been teasing us for quite a while now…

All shall come in good time. Spoiler ahead: Wait eleven years. I know this spoiler requires thinking, but hey, don't want to give away too much.
shimobaatar wrote:
Also, I'm still wondering about something I asked in the thread that never got answered:
shimobaatar wrote:As I'm not very familiar with the history of the region, despite having visited Morocco, I'm curious as to approximately how much of this is based on real-world events?
It spoils the realism saying this, but okay: 99% of the interim period is faithful to reality, and can actually be verified on say, Wikipedia. The Rif Rebellion is the only part that really isn't faithful, but given the tenseness of the time, it isn't unbelievable. The remainder is pure fiction
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I set placeholder boxes in my font creator program and it looks like I'll need 340 glyphs to complete my syllabary.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

The grammar document of the second Frislandian reboot is now 8 pages in length, and has a fair amount, but the voices need doing and the syntax section has yet to be begun. In the meantime, the phonology has changed again, now with the addition of a pitch-accent /word-tone system and a retroflex series.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I made a flag for Tusonstsagon:
It represents the three moons of Sedi and is an important part of Tusonstsagonian cosmology and theology as the moons are believed to be other worlds that humans reincarnate on after death. You live on Sedi (earth), then Shurdi, then Nnuki, then Uzzoti, then Sedi again and so on and so on. And you'll always cycle through the same four lives.
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

qwed117 wrote:Oh... the large first letter of the paragraphs is missing, and it doesn't break to make short columns. But if it never really mattered...
Maybe I'm just dumb or something, but it looks like that's still there to me?

Also, thanks for your answers. I don't think they "spoil" anything, personally, but that's just my opinion.
(she)
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

shimobaatar wrote:
qwed117 wrote:Oh... the large first letter of the paragraphs is missing, and it doesn't break to make short columns. But if it never really mattered...
Maybe I'm just dumb or something, but it looks like that's still there to me?
I think I realized. I changed midway from using the column in all articles, to using the column only in ones that had an image at the top. You can look at the first post for comparison. I guess I never needed to worry about it to begin with. [:P]
shimobaatar wrote:Also, thanks for your answers. I don't think they "spoil" anything, personally, but that's just my opinion.
I dunno. Spoiler gets much bigger no joke: 11 years is a major spoiler if you think hard on the history of Morocco and the Arab world.

That being said, I am wondering if I should somehow continue the drama
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

The SqwedgePad
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

qwed117 wrote:
shimobaatar wrote:Also, thanks for your answers. I don't think they "spoil" anything, personally, but that's just my opinion.
I dunno. Spoiler gets much bigger no joke: 11 years is a major spoiler if you think hard on the history of Morocco and the Arab world.

That being said, I am wondering if I should somehow continue the drama
Oh, no, I get what you're trying to allude to, I just mean that it doesn't ruin the atmosphere you've created, at least not for me.

I mean, if you feel the narrative needs more drama, go for it.
(she)
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Ahzoh wrote:I set placeholder boxes in my font creator program and it looks like I'll need 340 glyphs to complete my syllabary.
What program are you using?
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

OTʜᴇB wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:I set placeholder boxes in my font creator program and it looks like I'll need 340 glyphs to complete my syllabary.
What program are you using?
High-Logic Font-Creator 10.1
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

Ahzoh wrote:I made a flag for Tusonstsagon:
It represents the three moons of Sedi and is an important part of Tusonstsagonian cosmology and theology as the moons are believed to be other worlds that humans reincarnate on after death. You live on Sedi (earth), then Shurdi, then Nnuki, then Uzzoti, then Sedi again and so on and so on. And you'll always cycle through the same four lives.
I also have a realm of the dead on the Moon (just one moon, as the conculture is set on Earth) in my Elvish conculture. However, this realm is a kind of Nirvana or Heaven, where those go who have fulfilled their Purpose. The others either reincarnate (on Earth), or if they have done too much evil, descend into the Utterdark.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

WeepingElf wrote:Utterdark
Damn, that is one badass name.
(she)
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

WeepingElf wrote:I also have a realm of the dead on the Moon (just one moon, as the conculture is set on Earth) in my Elvish conculture. However, this realm is a kind of Nirvana or Heaven, where those go who have fulfilled their Purpose. The others either reincarnate (on Earth), or if they have done too much evil, descend into the Utterdark.
Tell us more!

Where does one's Purpose come from? How does one know or find out what it is? What is the nature of Utterdark? (I agree --- brilliant name!) Is that condition permanent / eternal or does some other fate await those inhabiting Utterdark?
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

elemtilas wrote:
WeepingElf wrote:I also have a realm of the dead on the Moon (just one moon, as the conculture is set on Earth) in my Elvish conculture. However, this realm is a kind of Nirvana or Heaven, where those go who have fulfilled their Purpose. The others either reincarnate (on Earth), or if they have done too much evil, descend into the Utterdark.
Tell us more!

Where does one's Purpose come from? How does one know or find out what it is? What is the nature of Utterdark? (I agree --- brilliant name!) Is that condition permanent / eternal or does some other fate await those inhabiting Utterdark?
Just briefly here:

The Purpose is the reason why the human race was made into being - to protect the world and enrich it by making new and beautiful things (after the fairies had failed in that role because they had no free will). The Utterdark is a subterranean realm into which the Adversary was cast out because he had striven for perfection (the Elves believe that the desire for perfection is the source of evil) and destroyed the "imperfect" creations of the other gods. The fate of the souls drawn into the Utterdark is enslavement. They become slaves of the Adversary. Some become "gongs" (Old Albic gyngi, sg. gonga), minions of the Adversary on Earth who inhabit corpses of once-living human beings; most are reduced to menial labour for eternity.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

My flag has the same colour scheme as your Albic flag.
Well, it's not a bad combo. Although I chose mine to reflect the snowy climate of the region.
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Continued poking at the sketchlang I posted about last week. I'm now referring to it as FAT (Fun Allophony Time) and it's apparently got split-ergativity based on animacy. Given that I don't actually know much about either split-ergativity (I can barely manage plain ol' erg-abs) or animacy, I dunno how well I'm succeeding on that front.

Ah, I should just put up a scratchpad thread about it...

intransitive subject is animate (unmarked)
Tessa died.
Tessa she.died
Tessa detogi.

transitive subject is animate (unmarked), transitive object is animate (marked)
Tessa killed Boli.
Tessa ACC-Boli she.killed
Tessa Siwoli detogi.

transitive subject is animate (unmarked), transitive object is inanimate (unmarked)
Tessa killed a chicken.
Tessa chicken she.killed
Tessa soon detogi.

intransitive subject is inanimate (unmarked)
A chicken died.
chicken she.died
Soon detogi.

transitive subject is inanimate (marked), transitive object is animate (marked)
A chicken killed Tessa.
ACC-Tessa ERG-chicken she.killed
Sitessa tosoon detogi.

transitive subject is inanimate (marked), transitive object is inanimate (unmarked)
A chicken killed an ant.
ERG-chicken ant she.killed
Tosoon sel detogi.

transitive subject is inanimate (marked), transitive object is inanimate (unmarked), but object is of higher animacy than subject
An ant killed a chicken.
ant ERG-chicken she.killed
Sel tosoon detogi.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Began a Greeklang/Graecolang. It's based strongly on the Arcado-Cypriot dialect, but since data is lacking, I'm going to be pulling stuff from all 'lects, and even possibly as far back as PIE.
Spoiler:

The SqwedgePad
Axiem
sinic
sinic

Post by Axiem »

My spouse and I brought home our third child from the hospital today. There's a reason I haven't been particularly active in con-creation lately.

Well, that and the new Zelda game...
Conworld: Mto
:con: : Kuvian
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Axiem wrote:My spouse and I brought home our third child from the hospital today. There's a reason I haven't been particularly active in con-creation lately.

Well, that and the new Zelda game...
Congratulations!
(she)
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Axiem wrote:My spouse and I brought home our third child from the hospital today. There's a reason I haven't been particularly active in con-creation lately.
congratulations for the five of you (and to the five of you)

all the best.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799