What did you accomplish today? [2011–2019]

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by bbbourq »

Creyeditor wrote: 20 Apr 2018 22:29I love your script. Already saw some examples on your site.
Much appreciated! I hope to eventually write a codex in a way that it looks like it was discovered in an archaeological dig.
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

Today I created the numerals for Lortho (0-9).
Spoiler:
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

http://www.frathwiki.com/Religions_of_Teppala#Y.C3.AEna

71 angels of Ridia .... with names and descriptions for almost all ... will add more info when I can.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

I've done a lot of work with Oddúhath Claire's basic syntax (noun phrases, possession order, dependent clauses, etc). Also I translated a sentence to test it's syntax.But it's mostly an excuse to have fun with the lexicon

O malí madd coiniollanmw yen domhan.
/ɔ ma.liː mað kɔɪ.nɪɔ.ɬan.mə jɛn dɔm.han/
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
LinguistCat
sinic
sinic

Post by LinguistCat »

Actually yesterday and Sunday, but I wasn't on much on either day. Had my 30th birthday and got moved into a new apartment. Hubby and I should be here while we work on getting a house in the coming year or two.
Inkcube-Revolver
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Inkcube-Revolver »

LinguistCat wrote: 24 Apr 2018 21:08 Actually yesterday and Sunday, but I wasn't on much on either day. Had my 30th birthday and got moved into a new apartment. Hubby and I should be here while we work on getting a house in the coming year or two.
Happy 30th! My mom is turning 40 in a few days and she's anxious and excited all at once. And congrats on the new apartment! Milestones!
I like my languages how I like my women: grammatically complex with various moods and tenses, a thin line between nouns and verbs, and dozens upon dozens of possible conjugations for every single verb.
LinguistCat
sinic
sinic

Post by LinguistCat »

Inkcube-Revolver wrote: 26 Apr 2018 01:31
LinguistCat wrote: 24 Apr 2018 21:08 Actually yesterday and Sunday, but I wasn't on much on either day. Had my 30th birthday and got moved into a new apartment. Hubby and I should be here while we work on getting a house in the coming year or two.
Happy 30th! My mom is turning 40 in a few days and she's anxious and excited all at once. And congrats on the new apartment! Milestones!
Happy 40th to your mother. I hope it's more excitement than nervousness.

For some conlanging related accomplishments, after researching Proto-Japonic and Old Japanese vowel system reconstructions, I think I need to redo what I have of "Nyango" (again) but at least I should be able to make it more separate from Standard Japanese. I also have a better idea of what I want to do with it so, baby steps! Or maybe kitten steps, but still.
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Separated out ~750 words with good etymologies in Bābākiam, the ancestor of Pabappa and Poswa. I should be able to find about a thousand more and then discard the rest, some of which have been sitting around for 23 years with no real chance of a proper etymology.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Pabappa wrote: 27 Apr 2018 05:07 Separated out ~750 words with good etymologies in Bābākiam, the ancestor of Pabappa and Poswa. I should be able to find about a thousand more and then discard the rest, some of which have been sitting around for 23 years with no real chance of a proper etymology.
I was off by about a hundred .... The total number of words in the dictionary now is 1655. This excludes numbers, placenames, and other open classes.

With this dictionary in its current form, all Pabappa and Poswa words have solid etymologies going back over 7000 years.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Pabappa wrote: 30 Apr 2018 02:34
Pabappa wrote: 27 Apr 2018 05:07 Separated out ~750 words with good etymologies in Bābākiam, the ancestor of Pabappa and Poswa. I should be able to find about a thousand more and then discard the rest, some of which have been sitting around for 23 years with no real chance of a proper etymology.
I was off by about a hundred .... The total number of words in the dictionary now is 1655. This excludes numbers, placenames, and other open classes.

With this dictionary in its current form, all Pabappa and Poswa words have solid etymologies going back over 7000 years.
Yay!!!!!!!
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I now have conjugations for verbs in Proto-Bolu-Swdo, for example:

shoro-khoyo "to speak"
shoro-čhu "speak to me"
shoro-häg "speak to you"
shoro-ëšthä "speak to them"

shoro-äpkä-khoyo "to profess"
shoro-čhu-äpkä "profess to me"
shoro-häg-äpkä "profess to you"
shoro-ëšthä-äpkä "profess to them"

shoro-khoyo-du "to ephasize"
shoro-čhu-du "emphasize me"
shoro-häg-du "emphasize you"
shoro-ëšthä-du "emphasize them"

shoro-äpkä-khoyo-du "to verbally abuse"
shoro-čhu-äpkä-du "verbally abuse me"
shoro-häg-äpkä-du "verbally abuse you"
shoro-ëšthä-äpkä-du "verbally abuse them"

ämä yašhešthaapkadi.
I violently murder them.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
CarsonDaConlanger
sinic
sinic

Post by CarsonDaConlanger »

I solidified the case system for Proto-Kala, using umlaut that developed to create stem changes as well as affixes, most notably in the plural.

"uko" (pig)
singular/plural
Absolutive-ø
uko/üköye
Ergative-k
ukok/üköse
Dative-t
ukot/üköte
Genitive-r
ukor/üköre
Locative-n
ukon/üköne
Ellative-s
ukos/üköses
Instramental-h
ukoh/üköhe
He/they bisexual weeb
ixals
sinic
sinic

Post by ixals »

I've begun to write a grammar for Cissian and this is what I came up with. Very happy with how it turned out, especially the tables which I finally learned how to do [B)]
Native: :deu:
Learning: :gbr:, :chn:, :tur:, :fra:

Zhér·dûn a tonal Germanic conlang

old stuff: Цiски | Noattȯč | Tungōnis Vīdīnōs
Ælfwine
roman
roman

Post by Ælfwine »

ixals wrote: 09 May 2018 23:44 I've begun to write a grammar for Cissian and this is what I came up with. Very happy with how it turned out, especially the tables which I finally learned how to do [B)]
I love the orthography s
My Blog

A-posteriori, alternative history nerd
ixals
sinic
sinic

Post by ixals »

Ælfwine wrote: 10 May 2018 00:56I love the orthography s
Huh? Orthography? What do you mean by that?
Native: :deu:
Learning: :gbr:, :chn:, :tur:, :fra:

Zhér·dûn a tonal Germanic conlang

old stuff: Цiски | Noattȯč | Tungōnis Vīdīnōs
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

ixals wrote: 10 May 2018 23:30
Maybe they meant the romanization. (Or transliteration into whatever natscript.)

“Orthography” of a language is whatever script is “native” to that language. I didn’t see you propose one yet. Did I just miss it?

Anyway; if AElfwine did mean the romanization or whatever, they were making a mistake; it seems to be (or to have been) a fairly common mistake.

Otherwise I probably owe them an apology. Plus this post was not helpful. In which case, sorry, guys!
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Tried applying 7_1→7_1_1 sound changes to the first members of [group to be named]:

+ /s͎ɹk/
light: /ztʃ/
ice: /ɾʃfk/
wind: /nzsɣ/
fire: /kɹɣ/
waterː /v‿ɣɹd/
earthː /kɹʃ/
lightning: /nʃlθ/
darkː /ɹð̼sɫ/

which means that now I have twice-baked names: the original names were mangled when they entered Middle Rymakonian, and then Modern Rymakonian stole all the vowels and slathered on a few more sound changes.

Also decided that verbs undergo a different form of l-recession when being derived into Modern Rymakonian because in practice, /l/ is almost always preceded by a vowel in 7_1.

Modern Rymakonian sound changes do very weird things:

direct nominative: /ʔimen/ > /imen/ > /ʃmsn/ > /ʃnsn/
direct accusative: /ʔimezim/ > /imezim/ > /ʃmszʃm/ > /ʃnszʃn/
inverse nominative: /ʔimeʔi/ > /imei/ > /ʃms/ > /ʃns/
inverse accusative: /ʔimeɹivi/ > /imeɹivi/ > /ʃmsɹʃv/ > /ʃnsɹʃv/

In fact, most nouns are irregular.
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.
Ælfwine
roman
roman

Post by Ælfwine »

The Romanization.

"Blahblahblahblahblah"

Very interesting romanization. What does <hb> stand for?
My Blog

Ælfwine
roman
roman

Post by Ælfwine »

eldin raigmore wrote: 11 May 2018 03:48
Maybe they meant the romanization. (Or transliteration into whatever natscript.)

“Orthography” of a language is whatever script is “native” to that language. I didn’t see you propose one yet. Did I just miss it?

Anyway; if AElfwine did mean the romanization or whatever, they were making a mistake; it seems to be (or to have been) a fairly common mistake.

Otherwise I probably owe them an apology. Plus this post was not helpful. In which case, sorry, guys!
Yes I meant the romanization. [xD]
My Blog

alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Started analyzing phonotactics/syllable structure for Old Tirina. The language is kind of a mess, so I'm trying to use what I already have to come up with a better understanding of its phonology and especially to do better word generation (especially if I'm going to be fleshing it out more). Right now, I sorta just let it be a mess and wrangle it into something more pleasant for Modern Tirina, but I'd like to be pleased with the earlier form of the language too!

I've been sort of out of the loop on conlanging for awhile now, so a nice semi-technical task will hopefully get me back into my languages. I love analysis, and it's cool to realize that I have enough data to analyze in the first place.