What did you accomplish today? [2011–2019]

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Parlox
greek
greek

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Parlox »

Pragkšpan has received a lot of love lately, many idiotic grammatical features have been added to this kitchen sink-lang. Lozkazmat won't receive new words until a new computer charger arrives.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Made my least favorite conlang family, Fojy, a little more interesting by exchanging the voiced stops out for pharyngealized voiceless ones, which helps because the parent language had also had pharyngealized nasals and now I can retain those as well. The full inventory of consonants gained is /pʕ mʕ tʕ nʕ/, and the consonants lost are /b d/. The alveolars will become dental ... and I may decide that they were dental all along ... therefore giving this language a new PoA not found in most of the other languages r elated to it. Thus, pharyngealization well still be lost, and that would leave only ythe labials ... so i will need to make a way to get rid of the phranygealizsation on the labials as well, which i will probably do differently in each daughter luggage. at least one will probably make t he *non*-phranygealized labials into the marked form, possibly rounded /pʷ mʷ/, since the language already has labiovelars.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

I've started work on a modern version of Cuneiform, along with a cursive version of the modern version.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Do show us your results! Maybe over in the Script Design thread?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3552
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Parlox wrote: 26 Jan 2018 03:36 I've started work on a modern version of Cuneiform, along with a cursive version of the modern version.
W00t!

My conlang Rozwi's main script is a cursive derivative of Old Persian Cuneiform.

Many of the characters in the script used in my conlang Yauchuan are originally Cuneiform ideographs reimagined thru a Chinese brushstroke lens.

I have uploaded many images of text in both langs. Unfortunately, they have been Photophucked by Photobucket. [}:(]

Phuckit! :mrred:

You can surely find images of them if you search google images using Lambuzhao + aveneca + cbb OR +zbb + zompist
The wonders of cyberspace: are we filling all that space up, or making new space as we create?
:wat:

[;)]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

PS:

Of course, Elemtilas also has used cuneiform-based scripts as well.

[:D]
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Thrice Xandvii wrote: 26 Jan 2018 10:21 Do show us your results! Maybe over in the Script Design thread?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3552
I will once i have more done.

I've been translating a three page article into Lozkazmat, i chose something relatively simple to start with. I plan to translate two articles of this form every week.

Sadly my goal for creating 1000 words in a week has fell through, i lost my momentum when my computer charger broke(It took three days for my new one to arrive). Though i'll have 1000 within a few days.
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

We should all translate articles like those into our own conlangs, then collate them into a single publication, like in those Esperanto magazines.

With a tabloid-style front cover and click-bait headlines. OMG You wouldn't believe this conlanger's secret!
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Reyzadren wrote: 27 Jan 2018 01:31 We should all translate articles like those into our own conlangs, then collate them into a single publication, like in those Esperanto magazines.

With a tabloid-style front cover and click-bait headlines. OMG You wouldn't believe this conlanger's secret!
That would be interesting.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Constructed some new examples for NSM-oligo. I should really do corarticulation rules at some point. Also 'plant' has as many syllables as the sentence 'someone kills someone else', but at least a word less.

ⁿKa̤, ɲ̊a̤ɲe̤ːsa̤, ɲ̊a̤ɲe̤ːca̤.
ⁿk-a̤ ɲ̊-a̤-ɲ-e̤ː-sa̤, ɲ̊-a̤-ɲ-e̤ː-c-a̤
live-something this-something-can-not-feel-something this-something-can-not-do-something
plant

Oca̤ʈẽ, ɖĩː θĩː ɲ̊ẽʈiː
o-c-a̤-ʈ-ẽ, ɖ-ĩː θ-ĩː ɲ̊-ẽ-ʈ-iː
someone-do-something-someone-else. Because-this, after-this, this-other-someone-die.
Someone killed someone else.

ⁿD̪ɔ̃ ĩːʈiɢɔ̤, ẽ̤ðã̤ː ɲ̊oca̤ⁿpĩː, ɖĩː ⁿd̪ã̤ːca̤.
ⁿd̪-ɔ̃ ĩː-ʈ-i-ɢ-ɔ̤ ẽ̤-ðː-ã̤ː ɲ̊-o-c-a̤-ⁿp-ĩː ɖ-ĩː ⁿd̪-ã̤ː-c-a̤
I-think this-someone-do-something-bad I-not-want, this-someone-do-something-like-this because-this I-want-do-something
`I am angry.'
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Made numbers for Stoplang's multiple zeroes, thanks to a New Scientist article on the different types of zero historically.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Made actual possessive suffixes in Onschen:

1.GEN = -есб-
2.GEN = -аѕ-
3.GEN = -ӯп-

ѕер- "to save, to rescue, to remove from strife"
ѕеринше "saviour" / ѕеро "salvation"
ѕериншесбе "my/our saviour" / ѕересбо "my/our salvation"
ѕериншуѕе "your saviour" / ѕеруѕо "your salvation"
ѕериншӯпе "their saviour" / ѕерӯпо "their salvation"
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Phonology for levian9 done. I'm returning to romanisations as I did with Ḋraħýl Rase and Varta Avina.

I have some of my ideas for syntax in my head. Especially inner and outer pivots.
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.
jimydog000
greek
greek

Post by jimydog000 »

Adarain wrote: 20 Jan 2018 12:19
jimydog000 wrote: 20 Jan 2018 08:29 Picking up the mess that is my conlang after a few months hiatus. Put all my lexicon into a Dictionary made in LaTex, surprisingly easy, once you know how to do it that is.
Spoiler:
I would really suggest you fiddle with those paragraphs a bit. Making the par-indent go away would make it look so much better. Here’s hoping you made a \dictentry command or something along those lines for easy editing (if you didn’t, that’s a habit you absolutely need to get into)
I think the indenting will look fine once there is more information to be had.
I do use commands.

And I've made up something in Python to convert a csv file into the, uh, command document thingy.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

import csv

with open('LanguageExport - Copy.csv', 'r') as f:
    reader = csv.reader(f)
    your_list = list(reader)
    document = ""
    for row in your_list:
        num = 0
        for i in row:
            if (num == 0):
                if row[num] != "": 
                    row[num] = "\\one" + "{" + row[num] + "}"
                else:
                    row[num] = ""
            elif (num == 5):
                if row[num] != "": 
                    row[num] = "\\two" + "{" + row[num] + "}"
                else:
                    row[num] = ""
            else:
                row[num] = "{" + row[num] + "}"
            num += 1
        line = "".join(row) + "\n\n"
        document = document + line
with open('Compiled- LanguageExport.txt', 'a') as myFile:
    myFile.write(document)
A signature.
felipesnark
sinic
sinic

Post by felipesnark »

I added dual forms to the personal pronouns of Shonkasikas. Most add -bre to the plural stem to form the dual. The 3rd person inanimate pronouns take -ri. This pattern mimics nouns. I believe other pronouns and determiners will also have dual forms. Adjectives and verbs do not have dual forms. Dual nouns and pronouns trigger plural agreement with verbs and adjectives.

See the personal pronouns here.
Visit my website for my blogs and information on my conlangs: http://grwilliams.net/ It's a work in progress!
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Pragkšpan can finally form some sentences. For a time i thought any sentence translated into Pragkšpan would be twice the length of its English counterpart, but i was wrong. Pragkšpan utilizes only 100 nouns, and instead uses adjectives to further describe nouns(to an insane extent), this is why i thought they would be so long. But as it turns out the average sentence is half as long as it's English counterpart.
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

I finalized most of Silvish's verb conjugations. There are a few that aren't quite fitting an existing paradigm yet, but they shouldn't need much more attention. Meanwhile, I took the time to figure out a phonemic analysis of the vowel inventory. Turns out it has nine short vowel phonemes and seven long ones. I've been writing all my transcriptions in square brackets for a while, but now I can switch to slashes when need be.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Entering a lot of my phrases and known words from here into CWS: https://conworkshop.info/lang_trans.php
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Adarain
greek
greek

Post by Adarain »

jimydog000 wrote: 28 Jan 2018 15:21
Adarain wrote: 20 Jan 2018 12:19
jimydog000 wrote: 20 Jan 2018 08:29 Picking up the mess that is my conlang after a few months hiatus. Put all my lexicon into a Dictionary made in LaTex, surprisingly easy, once you know how to do it that is.
Spoiler:
I would really suggest you fiddle with those paragraphs a bit. Making the par-indent go away would make it look so much better. Here’s hoping you made a \dictentry command or something along those lines for easy editing (if you didn’t, that’s a habit you absolutely need to get into)
I think the indenting will look fine once there is more information to be had.
I do use commands.

And I've made up something in Python to convert a csv file into the, uh, command document thingy.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

import csv

with open('LanguageExport - Copy.csv', 'r') as f:
    reader = csv.reader(f)
    your_list = list(reader)
    document = ""
    for row in your_list:
        num = 0
        for i in row:
            if (num == 0):
                if row[num] != "": 
                    row[num] = "\\one" + "{" + row[num] + "}"
                else:
                    row[num] = ""
            elif (num == 5):
                if row[num] != "": 
                    row[num] = "\\two" + "{" + row[num] + "}"
                else:
                    row[num] = ""
            else:
                row[num] = "{" + row[num] + "}"
            num += 1
        line = "".join(row) + "\n\n"
        document = document + line
with open('Compiled- LanguageExport.txt', 'a') as myFile:
    myFile.write(document)
I’m specifically referring to this (imo) eyesore here btw:

In my opinion, if you made everything align to the very left of that column, it would look much better. This might not be the case if every word took up at least 3 or so lines, however, if that’s what you meant with “more information”
At kveldi skal dag lęyfa,
Konu es bręnnd es,
Mæki es ręyndr es,
Męy es gefin es,
Ís es yfir kømr,
Ǫl es drukkit es.
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Adarain wrote: 29 Jan 2018 17:23 I’m specifically referring to this (imo) eyesore here btw:

In my opinion, if you made everything align to the very left of that column, it would look much better. This might not be the case if every word took up at least 3 or so lines, however, if that’s what you meant with “more information”
You can use \noindent at the start of each paragraph.
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.