As the legendary conlanger JRR Tolkein noted, it is such a shame that conlangers rarely work together. With the exception of the sharing of ideas and the occasional co-creation of a conlang, this seems to be the case here at the Conlanger BBoard. Therefore, I propose the following: a conlang in which we all put our ideas together to create. It will be interesting to see what can be done with multiple conlangers as opposed to a solely individual conlang. Be creative and have fun!
It will be democratically created and will work as following:Proposing Ideas:
- Ideas must be either private messaged to the Conlang Director.
- The first fives ideas proposed will regarding to a topic (from syntax to phonology) will be put up for vote.
- No idea will be put to the vote if a vote regarding the topic has already been voted on except in certain cases. (i.e. The word pattern has been voted on, but someone proposes that all verbs must end in "ut".)
- No ideas may be proposed on Sunday or Monday (UTC).Voting:
- Only registered conlangers may vote.
- Conlangers may vote only once per topic. (Changing one's vote is allowed.)
- If only one idea has been proposed regarding one topic, voters may simply choose to vote it down. This may not be done if the number of ideas is plural.
- Votes must be either private messaged to the Conlang Director.
- Voters may only vote for one idea per topic.
- No more than five ideas may be put up for vote per topic.
- The idea with the majority of votes per topic will be chosen. If there is a tie, it will be voted on in the next vote.
- Votes will be tallied sometime each Tuesday (UTC). Membership:
- Anyone may join the conlang as a conlanger by private messaging the Conlang Director or posting on this thread.
- No one may be denied conlanger status or be expelled from the conlang after joining.Other:
- The vocabulary will be created using the Awkwords word generator. It can be found here: http://awkwords.wsr3.net/
- Please post any suggestions.
- This post will be updated as needed. Conlang Director:
(Choose one for each topic.)1. Phoneme Inventory
ʘ ǃ ǂ ǁ ʘʰ ǃʰ ǂʰ ǁʰ ᵍʘ ᵍǃ ᵍǂ ᵍǁ ˀʘ ˀǃ ˀǂ ˀǁ ᵑʘ ᵑǃ ᵑǂ ᵑǁ ᵑ̊ʘ ᵑ̊ǃ ᵑ̊ǂ ᵑ̊ǁ ʬ ʭ / ɘ ɵ B.
p p' m m' t'θ θ t t' s n n' ƛ' ł l l' č č' š y y' kʷ k'ʷ xʷ w w' q q' χ qʷ q'ʷ χʷ ʔ h / i u a ə ___ 4 votesC.
m n ɲ ŋ ɴ pʰ tʰ cʰ kʰ qʰ p t c k q f s ç x χ r l j / a e i o ___ 1 voteThe Conlang Currently:Phonotactics:
Binary high-low contrast for vowels.Syntax:
Verb/predicate final; verbs carry pronominal arguments for subject, direct and indirect object; anything can be a predicate (including adverbials, etc) --- Nominative/accusative --- Very heavy morphology with verbs, some with nouns ---Internally headed relative clauses