A History of Scots, in Scots

A forum for discussing linguistics or just languages in general.
Ànradh
roman
roman

A History of Scots, in Scots

Post by Ànradh »

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I thought it cool enough to share.
You can find the English translation in the side-bar.
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Re: A History of Scots, in Scots

Post by Shemtov »

He forgot to list :fr-br: as a Brythonic language.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

Aye, it was a brief history. ;)
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Ànradh wrote:Aye, it was a brief history. ;)
Yeah, just as a fan of Denez Pregent (thanks to South Park) who actually tried to learn :fr-br: to understand his music- I stopped because my Library has only one copy of any Self-Teaching guide for Breton for English speakers, and I kept getting interrupted by having to return the book and take it out again over and over, plus the fact that I was already doing nine other languages.
By the way, Ànradh, I think you once mentioned you know Scottish Gaelic, which is one of the languages I'm learning- as I'm also a fan of Scottish Gaelic Folk-music- and I've been meaning to PM you about some questions I have about the Orthography.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

It would be more accurate to say that I dabble in Gaelic, but I should be able to answer any orthography questions you have, and my girlfriend speaks it as her first language, so anything I don't know, she will.