Worst insults.

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
Imralu
roman
roman

Worst insults.

Post by Imralu »

What are the strongest words or phrases used to insult someone in your language?

:con: :png: Wena

Zyangu! - Literally, one whose purpose is to be killed. (GERUNDIVE-kill.AG) Kind of equivalent to "prick, cunt, arsehole" (ie. shitty person)

He zo do nwo.
should.AG locomote.AG then dead.E
Go and die.
(Equivalent to "Fuck off" or "Fuck you", cf. "Fuck off and die")

I'll add more later.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific, AG = agent, E = entity (person, animal, thing)
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Worst insults.

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian insults include such words as karsti (idiot) and veziri (jerk). However, the Kankonians will most commonly either use a political insult, or compare a person to a nonsapient animal. Politically insulting someone includes calling him a devesis, obviously, but also dandis, from the letter dand, the first letter in "devesis". Bungksazidfash, meaning truncheon-wielder, or bungksa for short, is equivalent to "pig" and insults police officers. A synonym is varim. Heshra, from the title for the dictator of Danton, is also very insulting. These terms are equivalent to calling someone a fascist. There are also the terms hainoslass, meaning unity fetishist, and varo, meaning stability fetishist. Animal insults include ar zash phoroish vathazh (you hairy gorilla), ar zash hakuil heyapnoi (you slippery eel), ar zash matel savait (you cunning cobra), ar zash pa*aung az toetshas (you plodding snail), ar zash kluromb az klopfas (you clomping tarpan) and ar zash fermum az boervikas (you hideous tarantula) or ar zash pakadzhoma az boervikas (you hideous pakajooma). The Kankonians would find the concept of "silent treatment" incomprehensible; they believe that if you want to show someone he is beneath you, the best way to do it is to insult him.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 87,413 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

:con: :png:

mbunwo - necrophile, corpse fucker

zwo - hole (a sexist insult to refer to a woman)

nggo - stick (the equivalent for men)

zengo - "nonhuman"
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific, AG = agent, E = entity (person, animal, thing)
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
masako
mayan
mayan

Post by masako »

Kala, not being tied to a conworld/conculture is a reflection of my own perspective.

kotsa - a spiteful or vengeful person; "bitch, bastard, asshole"
this is from tsaya (severe invective) + -ko (agentive)

Calling someone a kunako is worse; kuna meaning feces. Also, eta kuna (P.2sg be.expelled) "You're shit/shat." is pretty harsh.

I don't tend to think of sex as taboo, really, so I don't use any equivalent to "fuck you" or "go fuck yourself", but if one were to want to, one could say ya kyosaki (VOC fornicate-REFL).

A term that I often voice (inwardly) when confronted with the desire to insult someone is pakaha (be.foolish-AUG), as it tends to be the most appropriate in a multitude of situations.
g

o

n

e
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Edit: "Kiss my arse, you hideous, corpse-fucking tarantula!"
Samwise Gamgee as played by Harrison Ford

Wow, we're hoving into George Carlin vs Shelob territory, IMHO. [xD]
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

Lambuzhao wrote:
Edit: "Kiss my arse, you hideous, corpse-fucking tarantula!"
Samwise Gamgee as played by Harrison Ford

Wow, we're hoving into George Carlin vs Shelob territory, IMHO. [xD]
He mo bye zwo nga do he nwo gwe, hwe zyabwa vwi ye mbunwo!
Eat what leaves my hole and then die, you disgusting, corpse fucking bug!
Last edited by Imralu on 29 Jan 2017 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Void
sinic
sinic

Post by Void »

Insults in [CONLANG] (still haven't decided on a name) are usually related to dishonour and being violated by animals, like horses.

A rather vulgar insult:

Tunon rahkkase kabalu.
[ˈtuno̞n ˈraxk:ase̞ ˈkabalu]
FUT.AUX-POT-2SG.PRS fuck-INF-PST.PART horse-INST
Get fucked by a horse.

A more "polite" insult:

Dathirta seiter.
[daˈθirta ˈse̞i̯te̞r]
lower-PASS-3SG.PST-PERF eye-PL<2SG.POSS
Your eyes are lowered.

A common insult is juma [ˈjuma] "worm."

Sedu juma seiten.
[ˈse̞du juma ˈse̞i̯te̞n]
2SG-ALLA worm eye-PL<3SG.POSS
You have the eyes of a worm.

This is considered a very grave insult:

Tuin irrisu morgoder marasak ja rahkasu rhuhlonok.
[tui̯n ˈir:isu ˈmo̞rgo̞de̞r ˈmarasak ja ˈraxkasu ˈʁuxlo̞no̞k]
FUT.AUX-1SG-PRS remove.INF-ALL grave-ABL mother-2SG.POSS-ACC and fuck.INF-ALL corpse<3SG.POSS-ACC
I will exhume your mother and fuck her corpse.

It is often shortened to:

Tuin rahkasu marasa rhuhlonok.
[tui̯n ˈraxkasu ˈmarasa ˈʁuxlo̞no̞k]
FUT.AUX-1SG-PRS fuck.INF-ALL mother<2SG.POSS corpse<3SG.POSS-ACC
I will fuck your mother's corpse.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

This thread has been here for half a year, and the only people replying to Imralu have been Masako, Lambuzhao, Konungr and yours truly? I thought this thread would be really popular . . .
♂♥♂♀

Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

Khemehekis wrote:This thread has been here for half a year, and the only people replying to Imralu have been Masako, Lambuzhao, Konungr and yours truly? I thought this thread would be really popular . . .
I guess all the others are a bunch of mbunwoes. Too busy mbuing nwoes to write here.
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Unfortunately I didn't think of some worst insults. There is a bit of vulgar language, but no really "bad" insultions.

A common phrase in Caelian is Mammese! [ˈmamɛˈʒɛ], which translates as "shit!" "damn!" "fuck!". Literally it is the derivative case of mamme (mother), literally meaning "out of the mother". I assume Caelians insult pretty much with family rather than sexuality or faeces, but I have not worked out much yet.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

Iyionaku wrote:I assume Caelians insult pretty much with family rather than sexuality or faeces, but I have not worked out much yet.
Yeah, so far I've decided that Wena insults are primarily going to be about death, but sex and poop can be involved too.
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan

Post by All4Ɇn »

:con: Thrinn
As far as nouns go the strongest is definitely Þurrek which originally meant, and is still completely fine to use as in boating terminology, a hole in a boat in a ship such as one hit by a cannon. Over time it came to be used as a euphemism for the vagina and nowadays is equivalent to cunt.

As far as verbs go, the four most explicit insults are all borrowings from Russian:
Jeben (from ебать)- Classic Thrinn verb for fuck. Definitely the most explicit. Can be used reflexively for the meaning of "fuck yourself"

Traghden (from трахать)- Another verb for fuck and mainly used to emphasize the sexual act. Can also be used reflexively for masturbation kinda like "fuck yourself" but implies there that the person is masturbating because they couldn't get any if they wanted to. Traghder is the Thrinn word for wanker/tosser.

Rsaten (from сжать)- Also means fuck but is used more for the sense of "fucking over". Rsater is the classic Thrinn word for fucker

Grongsen (from грохнуться)- Far less vulgar than the others. More equivalent to screw/bang/shag. However, when used with family members it becomes incredibly vulgar. Barngrongser (child-shagger) is the classic Thrinn word for motherfucker
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

All4Ɇn wrote::con: Thrinn
As far as nouns go the strongest is definitely Þurrek which originally meant, and is still completely fine to use as in boating terminology, a hole in a boat in a ship such as one hit by a cannon. Over time it came to be used as a euphemism for the vagina and nowadays is equivalent to cunt.

As far as verbs go, the four most explicit insults are all borrowings from Russian:
Jeben (from ебать)- Classic Thrinn verb for fuck. Definitely the most explicit. Can be used reflexively for the meaning of "fuck yourself"

Traghden (from трахать)- Another verb for fuck and mainly used to emphasize the sexual act. Can also be used reflexively for masturbation kinda like "fuck yourself" but implies there that the person is masturbating because they couldn't get any if they wanted to. Traghder is the Thrinn word for wanker/tosser.

Rsaten (from сжать)- Also means fuck but is used more for the sense of "fucking over". Rsater is the classic Thrinn word for fucker

Grongsen (from грохнуться)- Far less vulgar than the others. More equivalent to screw/bang/shag. However, when used with family members it becomes incredibly vulgar. Barngrongser (child-shagger) is the classic Thrinn word for motherfucker
Ooh, those sound harsh! What's a tosser?
♂♥♂♀

Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

Khemehekis wrote:
All4Ɇn wrote::con: Thrinn

Ooh, those sound harsh! What's a tosser?
It basically literally means the same as wanker (although seems a bit less in tone): a masturbator. They're both colloquial British insults, but often can be less harsher than bitch, say.
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

As far as I perceive it, wanker/tosser primarily means that someone is pretentious and "up themselves", not that they literally wank because "who would?". In Australia, I regularly used the word "wanky" to mean pretentious, like a wanky bar (where only wankers go to show how sophisticated they are) but I honestly can't say if anyone else says this or if it's just my word. My English is getting wonky.

I feel like wanker/tosser is a more typical Commonwealth insult simply because of tall-poppy syndrome. We look down on pretention whereas Americans don't seem to find pretentiousness annoying because ambition is seen as more of a virtue, so they don't really have a comparable insult. Just my subjective feeling based on generalizations. Is traghden used the same way, to mean pretentious, or does it only mean "masturbator because unlikable"?

Also, I have to suppress a childish snigger every time I see a truck from this company.
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

Imralu wrote:As far as I perceive it, wanker/tosser primarily means that someone is pretentious and "up themselves", not that they literally wank because "who would?". In Australia, I regularly used the word "wanky" to mean pretentious, like a wanky bar (where only wankers go to show how sophisticated they are) but I honestly can't say if anyone else says this or if it's just my word. My English is getting wonky.
Sorta like "swanky" but not? Doesn't seem unlikely, though I don't think I've heard it around Sydney.
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan

Post by All4Ɇn »

Imralu wrote:As far as I perceive it, wanker/tosser primarily means that someone is pretentious and "up themselves", not that they literally wank because "who would?". Is traghden used the same way, to mean pretentious, or does it only mean "masturbator because unlikable"?
Just the main meaning of masturbator because unlikable. I'm an American so my knowledge of commonwealth slang is pretty small and wanker/tosser seemed like the closest English translations from what I saw them as meaning.[/quote]
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

Znex wrote: Sorta like "swanky" but not? Doesn't seem unlikely, though I don't think I've heard it around Sydney.
OMG, you've just inspired me to call people "swankers"! Also, swanky is funny ... I haven't thought about that word for ages but I think every Australian has a friend whose mum who uses words like "swish" and "snazzy", and "swanky" just sounds like a step away from them. It's a bit Kath Day-Knight.
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

That would be "kontorhos".

Contraction of : "Kondo orhos".

Orhos comes ohis which could be translated in many way such as "The worst" or "Good to nothing".
Alessio
sinic
sinic

Post by Alessio »

Not very strong, but an insult typical of Hecathver is "ħenre jarsu!" (red blood!), which refers to the fact that the listener is so angry and childish that they resemble a woman during her period. With the difference that they're losing red (arterial) blood, because the pain of the period alone would not be enough to turn them into such a prick.

Other insults include "poliħolest!", literally "go get sodomized", and "aćetest nars müsters!", which means "f**k your mother".
:ita: :eng: [:D] | :fra: :esp: :rus: [:)] | :con: Hecathver, Hajás, Hedetsūrk, Darezh...

Tin't inameint ca tót a sàm stê żōv'n e un po' cajoun, mo s't'armâgn cajoun an vōl ménga dîr t'armâgn anc żōven...