Anything that's the something of the something ...

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
Imralu
roman
roman

Anything that's the something of the something ...

Post by Imralu »

Anything that's the something of the something isn't really the anything of anything.

I think it would be better without the second "the", but anyway, still brilliant.

:con: :png: Wena:

Va ye nu ya nu i ndwa ze ya ze.
all.E ATTR thing GEN thing COP POS.E NEG.E GEN NEG.E
Everything which is a thing of a thing is really nothing of nothing.

The attributive particle ye isn't really needed there but I feel it breaks the flow nicely.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific, AG = agent, E = entity (person, animal, thing)
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: Anything that's the something of the something ...

Post by Iyionaku »

I'm afraid I don't really get the meaning of this one. Could you please explain? Then I'll run through it in the next days [:D]
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

It means anything which is described as the X [really good thing] of the Y [another place] is not that great. The Harvard of Canada is not Harvard ...
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific, AG = agent, E = entity (person, animal, thing)
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

:con: Yélian

Olcem vit vitarut æ'ciyt o'ciyt cinarbut civat o'civat.
[ˈɔlkɛm vɪt viˈtaːrʊt œˈka̯iːt ɔˈka̯iːt‿iˈnaɾbʊt‿ˈivɐt ɔˈkivɐt]
everything REL name.INV.3SG DEF.CONC-something DEF.GEN-something NEG-really-COP.3SG.INAN nothing DEF.GEN-nothing
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Imralu
roman
roman

Post by Imralu »

:tan: Swahili:

Kila kitu ambacho ni "kitu cha kitu" si chochote cha chochote.
kila kitu amba-cho ni kitu ch-a kitu si ch_ch\o_ote ch-a ch_ch\o_ote
every thing(7) REL-7.REL COP thing(7) 7-GEN thing(7) NEG.COP 7\any 7-GEN 7\any

Anything that's the something of the something isn't anything of anything.
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS