Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Introduction thread(s)

Post by Ceresz »

Hello, newcomers. If you are unsure of where to begin your CBB-posting career I would suggest taking a look at one or both of these already established introduction threads. Enjoy your stay!

You.

What languages do you speak?

Or simply feel free to introduce yourself here in this thread!
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Hello. My name is Thakowsaizmu. And I am new here. If by new I mean I have been poking around here since the previous board. Which I do.
silvercat
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by silvercat »

Hi. I'm Silvercat. I tend to conlang in spurts, so I'll come and go.
my pronouns: they/them or e/em/eirs/emself
Main conlang: Ŋyjichɯn. Other conlangs: Tsɑkø (naming language), Ie, Tynthna, Maanxmuʃt, Ylialis
All my conlangs
Conlanging blog posts
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

silvercat wrote:Hi. I'm Silvercat. I tend to conlang in spurts, so I'll come and go.
Hello silvercat!
Solarius
roman
roman

Post by Solarius »

silvercat wrote:Hi. I'm Silvercat. I tend to conlang in spurts, so I'll come and go.
Hiya!
Hacek
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Hacek »

Hello everyone. I am Hacek, as you can tell by my username. Maybe I'll post a conlang, maybe two, or maybe I'll disappear and never be seen again. Who knows? [:)]
I started to write a big philosophical paragraph about reality and human nature, but then I realized it wouldn't fit this thread. Oops. :roll: (The smilies here are really nice. Just saying.) And I'll end this post off here.
[:D] :eng: - [:)] :esp: - [:|] :swe: - [:(] :hun: - [:'(] :hin: - [:S] :ell: :rus: :fra: - :idea: :hye: :sqi: :kal: :zho: :jpn: :gle: :kat:
ol bofosh
greek
greek
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Post by ol bofosh »

Hello,

I've been conlanging just this year. My conlangs are Alahithian and Gnoughish.

I live in Catalonia, Spain with my girlfriend, who's from Geneva. I'm originally from Sussex, England. I speak English, a bit of Spanish, and am also learning French and Catalan. I live in a multilingual household. My own dialect I'd describe as Estuary English, which sits somewhere between RP and Cockney.

I've been on the Zompist board since the beginning of this year, finally decided to see what it was like here too. I went on as "Treegod", which is a name I use on other boards usually. "ol bofosh" is the Alahithian equivalent of the name, bofosh meaning "tree" and ol is a vocative and proper noun particle, also used to denote respect/divinity (for the moment, Alahithian is still a work in progress).

Ol bofosh/Treegod
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Welcome to the board!
Solarius
roman
roman

Post by Solarius »

Hacek wrote:Hello everyone. I am Hacek, as you can tell by my username. Maybe I'll post a conlang, maybe two, or maybe I'll disappear and never be seen again. Who knows? [:)]
I started to write a big philosophical paragraph about reality and human nature, but then I realized it wouldn't fit this thread. Oops. :roll: (The smilies here are really nice. Just saying.) And I'll end this post off here.
ol bofosh wrote:Hello,

I've been conlanging just this year. My conlangs are Alahithian and Gnoughish.

I live in Catalonia, Spain with my girlfriend, who's from Geneva. I'm originally from Sussex, England. I speak English, a bit of Spanish, and am also learning French and Catalan. I live in a multilingual household. My own dialect I'd describe as Estuary English, which sits somewhere between RP and Cockney.

I've been on the Zompist board since the beginning of this year, finally decided to see what it was like here too. I went on as "Treegod", which is a name I use on other boards usually. "ol bofosh" is the Alahithian equivalent of the name, bofosh meaning "tree" and ol is a vocative and proper noun particle, also used to denote respect/divinity (for the moment, Alahithian is still a work in progress).

Ol bofosh/Treegod
Hi!
Torco
sinic
sinic

Post by Torco »

hihihihihi
thaen
roman
roman

Post by thaen »

Welcome!
:con: Nillahimma
:con: Øð!
:con: Coneylang

I am the Great Rabbit. Fear me, O Crabs!
Spoiler:
ı θ ð ʃ ɲ ŋ ʔ ɛ ə ø ʑ ɕ ʷ ʲ ⁿ
Maraxxus
sinic
sinic

Post by Maraxxus »

Hello, I am [REDACTED]. I come from the Netherlands, and currently reside in [REDACTED]. My main hobbies are Conlanging, Cartography, [DATA EXPUNGED] and ███ ███████.
:nld: :eng: :hun: :fra: :deu:
:con: Maxédri
:con: Faljüdax
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Well, hello there. My name is [PTERODACTED]. My home is [NEVER NEVER]land. My main [OVERLIMIT] are
cooking, [EXPURGATED], singing, [FUBAR] and [SQL ERROR].
kiwikami
roman
roman
Location: Oh, I don't know, I'm probably around here somewhere.

Post by kiwikami »

Maraxxus wrote:Hello, I am [REDACTED]. I come from the Netherlands, and currently reside in [REDACTED]. My main hobbies are Conlanging, Cartography, [DATA EXPUNGED] and ███ ███████.
Welcome!
Interesting introduction. SCP Foundation fan, by any chance?
Edit: Substituted a string instrument for a French interjection.

:eng: :mrgreen: | :fra: [:)] | ASL [:S] | :deu: [:|] | :tan: [:(] | :nav: [:'(]
Maraxxus
sinic
sinic

Post by Maraxxus »

Very much so!
:nld: :eng: :hun: :fra: :deu:
:con: Maxédri
:con: Faljüdax
Tsiasuk-Pron
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Tsiasuk-Pron »

Hello all! I am Tsiasuk-Pron. I've been conlanging since 1995. Itlani is my main project.

My first book (Eden's Day) came out a few years ago. It was poetry, most of it in English, some of it in Itlani. My second book (Circle of the Lantern - Seyrán ta Tainaa) is due out sometime early next year (2013). It is a novel set on the planet Itlán and features the five languages spoken on Itlán: Itlani, Semerian, Jiran, Djanari, and Lastian.

Fascinating discussions going on here.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Welcome, welcome!
Torco
sinic
sinic

Post by Torco »

Tsiasuk-Pron wrote:Hello all! I am Tsiasuk-Pron. I've been conlanging since 1995. Itlani is my main project.

My first book (Eden's Day) came out a few years ago. It was poetry, most of it in English, some of it in Itlani. My second book (Circle of the Lantern - Seyrán ta Tainaa) is due out sometime early next year (2013). It is a novel set on the planet Itlán and features the five languages spoken on Itlán: Itlani, Semerian, Jiran, Djanari, and Lastian.

Fascinating discussions going on here.
Yo, Tiasuk-Pron, I remember you from the days of yore. cool to have ya'
I remember itlani being absurdly detailed
Tsiasuk-Pron
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Tsiasuk-Pron »

Bashese kul-zakhilu sonyaru, Torko! Franartantoilu inuonyavu ruzay shtakadimavit onyaru zhoy say karizhe. Chonyaru u ta tugatsúd ta Itlanit shola djurit otuay kadimyara vey u onyara djur ta natunit sitshól kiionova bari risdoizhe vadikyaru... secha tamagit onyaren.

A whole hearted thank you to you, Turco! I have been away for a long time but I have finally come back. I think the detailedness of Itlani comes from its age and that it is the main conlang that I work on almost exclusively... although there are others. [:D]