Lidepla conlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Lidepla conlang

Post by esra »

Hey/ Namastee,

my conlang biography is Esperanto : Interlingua : Lidepla. Most related in emotion I feel with Lidepla conlang. Because I didn't find any video what shows somebody Lidepla speaking with help of Dimitry and Anastasia I made Lidepla dubbed video one.

Would be nice to discuss about Lidepla here.

Swasti,
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Re: Lidepla conlang

Post by Frislander »

Erm, you do realise that this isn't an IAL board?
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Frislander wrote:Erm, you do realise that this isn't an IAL board?
Personally I'm not interested in any political efforts of any conlang to be some world-wide IAL to save world peace. Does this answer your question?
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

esra wrote:
Frislander wrote:Erm, you do realise that this isn't an IAL board?
Personally I'm not interested in any political efforts of any conlang to be some world-wide IAL to save world peace. Does this answer your question?
Fine. Second question: do you conlang yourself?
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

Perhaps you can post some good references you have found about Lidepla and tell us why you feel it is so emotionally satisfying comparing it to the esperanto and interlingua. My understanding of interlingua was that it was intended as a language that would allow scientific ideas and studies to be shared as broadly as possible with as many people as possible it is easy to imagine that it doesn't focus on emotions.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Frislander wrote:Fine. Second question: do you conlang yourself?
No. Do you?
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

esra wrote:
Frislander wrote:Fine. Second question: do you conlang yourself?
No. Do you?
Most people here do. We rarely discuss established conlangs. 99% of the forum activity is dedicated to conlangs we created ourselves.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Nachtuil wrote:Perhaps you can post some good references you have found about Lidepla and tell us why you feel it is so emotionally satisfying comparing it to the esperanto and interlingua.
Well, in my opinion some conlang itself should motivate to produce well sounding pronouncation. Thats why I prefer Lidepla over Esperanto (I have been at some E-o events by the way). In my opinion Interlingua sounds somewhat pathetic. Words are stretched somewhat. Thats why I prefer Lidepla over Interlingua.

For me its emotionally satisfying to speak Lidepla and say afterwards "wow" its like doing some zippy signature or open zippo lighter with words of Lidepla. I'm aware that not everybody like that kind of producing language pronouncation. But thats okay. I could list some conlangs whose pronouncation I don't like. Its fine as is.

Interlingua video with Interlingua subtitle.

Everybody could test itselves with these speak-along videos and sing-alongs: Lidepla speak-alongs 1; Lidepla speak-alongs 2; Interlingua speak-alongs; Esperanto sing-alongs.
Nachtuil wrote:My understanding of interlingua was that it was intended as a language that would allow scientific ideas and studies to be shared as broadly as possible with as many people as possible it is easy to imagine that it doesn't focus on emotions.
Yes, Interlingua is naturalistic conlang (Same for Lidepla). Only grammar concepts and vocabulary what exists in natural languages will made it into Interlingua's (grammar) and vocabulary. Contrary Esperanto can be categorized like schematic conlang.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

gestaltist wrote:Most people here do. We rarely discuss established conlangs. 99% of the forum activity is dedicated to conlangs we created ourselves.
Okay. Are you official delegate of CBB to have right to speak so?
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

esra wrote:
gestaltist wrote:Most people here do. We rarely discuss established conlangs. 99% of the forum activity is dedicated to conlangs we created ourselves.
Uh, what? I was describing to you what I've seen here in my 1.5 years of presence. Take a chill pill, man...
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

gestaltist wrote:Uh, what? I was describing to you what I've seen here in my 1.5 years of presence. Take a chill pill, man...
I prefer Guinness.
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

esra wrote:
And who are you to dictate who should speak for us? That this forum is dedicated to conlangs created by the users is obvious.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Frislander wrote:And who are you to dictate who should speak for us?
Frislander, some plea to you, presenting its very very personal opinion like some fantasized collective its opinion thats - "strange". You are not part of some organism named CBB, I'm not some part of some organism CBB. You are individual Frislander* with your very personal opinion acting at CBB space, I'm individual esra with my own personal opinion acting at CBB space.

*not some imaginary "us".
Frislander wrote:That this forum is dedicated to conlangs created by the users is obvious.
For you obviously: yes. For me: no.

@administration: Some comment please. I'm open to critique.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

qwed117 wrote:Esra, read this: http://www.cbbforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5
Thanks.
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by shanoxilt »

esra wrote: Would be nice to discuss about Lidepla here.
Swasti,
What did you have in mind?

I moderate /r/LingwaDePlaneta on Reddit.
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

shanoxilt wrote: What did you have in mind?

I moderate /r/LingwaDePlaneta on Reddit.
I.e. if I got it right then naturalistic Lidepla was "compiled"/constructed to be spoken with ease, not mainly to aspect most nice in reading. It contains lot of Azian language vocabulary originaly "developed" using other writing systems than Latin ones. So, does Lidepla meet aim "to roll along the tongue" with ease or not? To answer that question someone could read aloud some Lidepla text or use some speak along instructions i.e. example 1 or example 2.

Reference_grammar#The_alphabet_and_pronounciation
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by shanoxilt »

I am not sure whether that was supposed to be a comment or a question.
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.
esra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by esra »

Hhm. Some kind of invitation I would say. Well, let me try to explain.

I.e. I very much like this sentence due its pronouncation and content its convey:

Scene 2 Runa: Me ga bu yao-te kritiki yu. = I shouldn't had like criticise you (?). Its not that easy to translate into German. Maybe: Ich sollte nicht gemögt haben dich zu kritisieren*. I like how this sentence rolls along tongue.

Thats* diction of bloomy archaic German what i.e. could be found at Humboldt its Kosmos publication. I very much like Humboldt its way of telling scientific travelling stories. So, in result there's some personal emotional relation between me and Lidepla via translation between. But I wouldn't find out without speaking it by myself.

Thats what I did wanna point to: I invite everybody to find some kind of personal relation to Lidepla with speaking it.
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

In following one of the links given, I found that lecture: The Universal Language.
My neurochemistry has fucked my impulse control, now I'm diagnosed OOD = oppositional opinion disorder, one of the most deadly diseases in totalitarian states, but can be cured in the free world.