Aynw ytah a-nw-qar an ro let's do!

A forum for guides, lessons and sharing of useful information.
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Aynw ytah a-nw-qar an ro let's do!

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

[:D] Y-ran-qar-hte-e = iranqarapte na ne wa pyrqa [:D] Aynu te-e-ta-wa-no-an qan-py-nw-ye-qar p S(h)y-s(h)a-mo = in-Japanese to Ainu Phrase book S(h)y-s(h)a-mo wn o-ro-wa-no Aynw ytah W-qoy-so-ytah w-we-to-re qan-py-sos S(h)y-s(h)a-mo ytah an(r)y re-he an-pe

アaイI ヌnu 語go (會)会 qay 話 wa 辞(字) jy 典 ten

I S B N 4- 8 3 2 8 - 8 6 1 2 -6 C 0 2 8 7 ¥ 1,300 rare book 明 mey 治 jy じだい qatwn-ya-pysqy = on-line computer
Some people are working to erase Aynu language and write comments such as 'the language is dying' so just write write qan-py-nw-qar qar wa yn-qar ran-ma ran-ma qes-to qes-to Y-non-no ytah qar ary-qyqy an roq" Ray-qe" Ne-y no qor wen ney no y-qy ne-e . Never say 'die' . Qw ye-p ne no-qy wa te wa no when I can safely use Aynw I will share words , do not forget o-ro-ytah when you were a baby pon-ai ai did you speak like parents A-e-a-ye es(h)y-qo-p w-qo-ra-chy ne-no an pyrqa-no an , we are big children rwpne poro an my Pychyn Ainu is bad grammar so some academics will not wish to understand because they often like dissecting ! Ma an ya s(h)yry-qa-rat swim or sink yay-qata an wa pyrqa no an.
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Re: Aynw ytah a-nw-qar an ro let's do!

Post by Frislander »

And Irankarapte to you too! I also agree that Ainu is a lovely language, and I would very much like to learn it myself; I also agree that the situation of the Ainu and their language in Japan is not good. However, I still have to politely request that you stop this incomprehensible/incoherent trolling and engage with the board in a language we can understand (i.e. English). Random spewing like this is no help to the language, it only serves to annoy and infuriate your natural allies (because we are precisely the sort of people who sympathise with language revitalisation projects like this).
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

You write in English about using Ainu, Engyrysw anry anwqar an qwsw eywanqe Aynw ytah qatw but you will never learn. Use a dictionary and learn to read and write Aynw ytah epaqasnwqar qo-qy uqy Qanpy sos anry an ne e ,do not bother me, English kills many culture. Nwnaq wa neno yqy yan ne yteqy nep nwye qar wen an.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Epaqasnwqar wrote:You write in English about using Ainu, Engyrysw anry anwqar an qwsw eywanqe Aynw ytah qatw but you will never learn. Use a dictionary and learn to read and write Aynw ytah epaqasnwqar qo-qy uqy Qanpy sos anry an ne e ,do not bother me, English kills many culture. Nwnaq wa neno yqy yan ne yteqy nep nwye qar wen an.
Honestly, you should be more worried about Japanese overtaking Hokkaido Ainu (or maybe Russian overtaking Sakhalin Ainu). You're aiming at the wrong language, here. English today is one of the best languages for describing other languages, and most language descriptions are in English, along with most dictionaries and translations.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan

Post by GrandPiano »

Whatever you're saying will be understood by a lot more people if you write it in English, or in both Ainu and English. I'm not entirely sure why you're doing this in Teach & Share, since the only people who can extract anything meaningful from your posts are those who can already speak Ainu. If you just want to speak Ainu on this board, there is a thread for speaking in languages other than English (with an accompanying English translation), and if you'd like, you could even create a thread specifically for speaking Ainu in the "In other languages" forum (although right now, participation from other users would probably be very limited), or speak Ainu in the Altaic and Siberian languages thread.

There are many people on this board who would love to learn Ainu, but don't have the resources and/or time to do so. There are likely also many others who are very much in support of revitalizing Ainu, but do not have the intent of learning the language themselves (after all, many languages are in a similar situation to Ainu, and one can't learn every critically endangered language that people are trying to revitalize). All of those people would probably be very interested in what you have to say if they could understand it. You could even provide links to whatever Ainu-related resources you're aware of in the resources thread, or create your own lesson thread (in English, of course).
Epaqasnwqar
banned

Post by Epaqasnwqar »

GrandPiano wrote: 19 Mar 2017 13:54 Whatever you're saying will be understood by a lot more people if you write it in English, or in both Ainu and English. I'm not entirely sure why you're doing this in Teach & Share, since the only people who can extract anything meaningful from your posts are those who can already speak Ainu. If you just want to speak Ainu on this board, there is a thread for speaking in languages other than English (with an accompanying English translation), and if you'd like, you could even create a thread specifically for speaking Ainu in the "In other languages" forum (although right now, participation from other users would probably be very limited), or speak Ainu in the Altaic and Siberian languages thread.

There are many people on this board who would love to learn Ainu, but don't have the resources and/or time to do so. There are likely also many others who are very much in support of revitalizing Ainu, but do not have the intent of learning the language themselves (after all, many languages are in a similar situation to Ainu, and one can't learn every critically endangered language that people are trying to revitalize). All of those people would probably be very interested in what you have to say if they could understand it. You could even provide links to whatever Ainu-related resources you're aware of in the resources thread, or create your own lesson thread (in English, of course).
Ta=an-pe ytah [->] This Language [->] Quasi-mix [->] w-sa-w-saq Ainu(Qarahto =Sakhalin , Kurils Qwryrw ytah).
Pyrqa [->] Good no=an [->] it is ne -e [->] yes !
Y-ran qar-ap/hte-e ! [->] Hello [:D] .
My conventions -hyphen means to show Tan-pe This- thing =an [->] exists or Ta=an-pe ,you can learn [->] e-paq-as-nw- [->] qar make ,do the parts of words.
ytah or itak [->] word nw-ye-qar [->] write.

w-to-re [->] Link : Englis [->] Enqyrysw, Jap [->] S(h)ys(h)am Aynw ytah self [->] yay -a-paq-as-nw-ye-qar qar wa yn-qar [->]do do ( repeated word for emphasis ( try [->] yn-qar ,(also see )yan [->] imperative. or, a-nw-qar yan [->] search 'ainutopic.ninjal.ac.jp '.,w-qo-y-so [->] conversation-phrase w-we-to-re Qan-pi-sos [->] book dictionary,

free Puffin Apple store App, browser for iPhone Navigate.

a-nw-qar yan ne-e yes do look :idea: written Aynw ytah=an-a-nw-ye-qar " http://blog.livedoor.jp/pirka_urespa/ar ... 06-05.html aynuitakeyaypakasnu (Aynw ytah e-yay-paq-as-nw ) (J)NS) Zemi [->] Seminar (...w-tar-y [->] friends group ,pateq [->] only w-we-qar -pa [->] make together hy-ne rw-we ne -e [->] the way is we do or-ta [->] also Aynu ytah e-ram-w=an (e=our,ram=heart w=in =an exist [->] eramuan [->] understand ) qwr [->] person [tick] (pa-teq/teh [->] hand yn-qar try [->] e-as-qa-y can, we can only try [->] pateh yn-qar e-as-qa-y (ne-e [->] is yes .

ye-s means yeah and is yes ne [->] e [->] yes!

=an ro ne-e [->] let's do yes

USE [->] a=y-w=an-qe ainutopic.ninjal.ac.jp =an ro

A-ry-qy-qy no [->] with might.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

This thread on Ainu seems to be going in the same direction as the other one, so I've made the decision to lock it.

Anyone who's seriously interested in teaching Ainu, providing resources, glosses and translations that other members of the board interested in learning Ainu can actually use and understand is free to do so, of course, but exclusively using Ainu with little to no context because "English kills culture" isn't going to help anyone. Immersion can aid in language learning, but it helps for someone to immersed in the context of day-to-day life in order for that method to work, not to be immersed solely in the language.

If anyone wants to get in touch with me about this topic being locked, please feel free to PM me [:)]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.