An Unofficial CBB Discord Server

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Isfendil
greek
greek

An Unofficial CBB Discord Server

Post by Isfendil »

This thread is the CBB base for the unofficial CBB Discord, a Discord server specifically for CBB Members. It was originally going to be temporary as I lack much time to moderate but I learned that things such as moderation and even bot creation and hosting can actually be outsourced to people and computers that are afforded with privileges, so I see no reason why it has to be transient anymore. It is still a new server so suggestions for improvement are welcome. If the CBB mods want to do something with it, and it isn't utterly horrible for everyone involved, I will be happy to oblige them. I will try to comply with forum rules.
If the CBB mods want to join the server and moderate it in accordance with forum rules, I will happily oblige them.

For those of you who do not know, Discord is a vastly improved IRC service with two different methods for built in voice chat and takes up very little memory/HDD Space.

Here is the link with which to join the unofficial server: https://discord.gg/CX7X9tk
This link will never expire but is only good for fifty one hundred uses, meaning one hundred people could join and then the link will become useless. If the link becomes useless and you want in, put a request on this subforum, and I will post a timed link as soon as I can.

The server already has fourteen or so CBB members and the speed of activity is rising.

I am mainly trying to counteract the slowness of the forums here a little, while also proposing an alternative to ... less savoury conlanging discord servers here, as the CBB generally tends to have decent folks.

Please, please, do NOT advertise for other conlanging discord servers, even if they are declaring themselves as affiliates for the CBB. This thread is specifically for this server and questions, requests, and so on that are related to it. There is already at least one other thread where options are being discussed, take advertisements for other communities there.

Thank you for reading this far. I hope that through this we can help to build a substantial extension of the CBB into another realm of digital space.
Last edited by Isfendil on 15 Feb 2020 15:24, edited 2 times in total.
Isfendil
greek
greek

Re: An Unofficial CBB Discord Server

Post by Isfendil »

Thought I should put up a list of current members. If you see friends, consider joining them.

loglorn
Opipik
teranewtons
K123456789
Dezinaa
Ebon
ethan 石勤文
gestaltist
GrandPiano
Linguifex
OthEB
protondonor
umsyt
Wario Toad 32

We have had no incidents thus far but it's a little slow due to conflicting timezones making it so that few people are online at the same time. It would be nice if more people joined and sped things up.
Last edited by Isfendil on 08 Apr 2017 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

[deleted since this is apparently the wrong thread to discuss]
Last edited by gestaltist on 03 Feb 2017 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

gestaltist wrote:To be completely honest, I hardly log into Discord in general, and when I do, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of discussions which are going on. I feel like Discord is better for people who have a lot of free time...
Then by all rights I shouldn't like using it at all. Yet I do, how strange.

Honestly, gestaltist, you ahould just use discord for when you wish to discuss something, even I don't bother following everything that's going on. I have several servers on mute for this reason.

Also take in mind there is another thread for discussing discord, not this one.
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Isfendil wrote:OthEB
Exceptional typing skills [:D]
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

OTʜᴇB wrote:
Isfendil wrote:OthEB
Exceptional typing skills [:D]
A veritable curse on epiglottals and bilabial trills.
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

You know, if you want people to actually be able to join this discord server, perhaps you should check the expired invitation link.
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

Reyzadren wrote: 02 Dec 2017 23:44 You know, if you want people to actually be able to join this discord server, perhaps you should check the expired invitation link.
Here is the link with which to join the unofficial server: https://discord.gg/qskdWpS
This link will never expire but is only good for fifty uses, meaning fifty people could join and then the link will become useless. If the link becomes useless and you want in, put a request on this subforum, and I will post a timed link as soon as I can.
People test my patience sometimes.

The link has been replaced.
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

And to think, I -just- deleted the app from my phone since I rarely used it. Maybe now I should re-download it?

Can I get a link to join as well or is the other one still good?
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

Thrice Xandvii wrote: 03 Dec 2017 10:25 And to think, I -just- deleted the app from my phone since I rarely used it. Maybe now I should re-download it?

Can I get a link to join as well or is the other one still good?
The link has been replaced, it should work. If it does not, I'll send you one directly.
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

It does, I realized I clicked the dead one that was quoted above, not the one you edited in the OP.
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

It appears things on the server are finally picking up! I encourage those whove considered it to join now that it's finally reasonably active.
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

'Tis certainly a fun place! (And the more folks join, the more funner it gets!!)
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

And it now also has a pretty logo (after several revisions) (courtesy of Thrice of course), so what reason is there not to join?
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

As an added bonus, I’m there too! [>:D]
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

I get the impression that this has replaced the IRC channel as the de facto CBB chatroom, so I'm stickying this thread instead.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Aszev wrote: 06 Jun 2018 20:30 I get the impression that this has replaced the IRC channel as the de facto CBB chatroom, so I'm stickying this thread instead.
Perhaps it should be renamed The Unoffical CBB Discord Server?
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

Aszev wrote: 06 Jun 2018 20:30 I get the impression that this has replaced the IRC channel as the de facto CBB chatroom, so I'm stickying this thread instead.
My goodness! Thank you very much!
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

The link has been replaced once more. Boy have I not updated the active user list, it's way bigger now- too big to keep manual track of.
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan

Post by All4Ɇn »

I know I’m (now several years) late to this but is there any way I can get a link to join?