"SCLEW it"

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Arayaz
roman
roman

"SCLEW it"

Post by Arayaz »

For the LangTime Studio fans out there, I'm sure you recall when Engála's 1pl pronoun ended up being we (/we/). From this, they coined the word SCLEW: serendipitous convergent linguistic evolution ("we"). So do any of you have moments like this from your langs?
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Makihip-ŋAħual family Kahóra Abisj
my garbage

she/her
Man in Space
roman
roman

Re: "SCLEW it"

Post by Man in Space »

CT’s 3SG pronoun is due to historical accident.

CC’s 1SG is i.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Arayaz
roman
roman

Re: "SCLEW it"

Post by Arayaz »

I just made Yoshó's word for "child," and thought, "hey, I could derive a diminutive morpheme from this." Not only did the diminutive morpheme end up being almost identical to Mandarin's, which is believed to be derived from the same source, (Mandarin uses -r; this one was -(a)r), but I had already made a diminutive, which was the exact same morpheme, derived from a whole other source (*hīsparū "small"). I was ... bemused.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Makihip-ŋAħual family Kahóra Abisj
my garbage

she/her