Creating a New Conlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Creating a New Conlang

Post by JustisConlangCreator »

My conlang would be named Justianalidian, and it uses these vowels: a, ā, e, ē, i, ī, o, ō, ū, u, and these consonants: b d g h l m t p. What would be a good idea for the words "strawberry," "United States," and some Harry Potter vocabulary in my conlang?
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: Creating a New Conlang

Also, Justianalidian can be written in Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, and Greek.
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

The words for strawberry, United States, and Harry Potter terms in my conlang:
bagadī (strawberry), Mātāp Dāba (United States), and dūpēdi (Stupefy). The pronunciation of my language follows English, with ā being pronounced like the letter A, ē pronounced like the letter E, ī pronounced like the pronoun I, ō pronounced like the interjection "O," and ū being pronounced like "you."
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 03:09 bagadī (strawberry), Mātāp Dāba (United States), and dūpēdi (Stupefy). The pronunciation of my language follows English, with ā being pronounced like the letter A, ē pronounced like the letter E, ī pronounced like the pronoun I, ō pronounced like the interjection "O," and ū being pronounced like "you."
Can I assume, then, that ā represents /ei/, ē represents /i/, ī represents /ai/, ō represents /ou/, and ū represents /ju/?

If so, that's a very Englishy orthography!
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 92,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Khemehekis wrote: 01 Jul 2023 03:30
JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 03:09 bagadī (strawberry), Mātāp Dāba (United States), and dūpēdi (Stupefy). The pronunciation of my language follows English, with ā being pronounced like the letter A, ē pronounced like the letter E, ī pronounced like the pronoun I, ō pronounced like the interjection "O," and ū being pronounced like "you."
Can I assume, then, that ā represents /ei/, ē represents /i/, ī represents /ai/, ō represents /ou/, and ū represents /ju/?

If so, that's a very Englishy orthography!
Yes, my orthography is "very Englishy" so English speakers can pronounce Justianalidian. Any ideas on words in Justianalidian?
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

How are the consonants pronounced? I presume they’re /b d g h l m t p/; is that correct? If so, then I wonder why you didn’t include /k s n/ in the inventory.
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Fluffy8x wrote: 01 Jul 2023 03:45 How are the consonants pronounced? I presume they’re /b d g h l m t p/; is that correct? If so, then I wonder why you didn’t include /k s n/ in the inventory.
Yes, the consonants are pronounced that way. But I am now adding the letters k s and n into my conlang.
thethief3
sinic
sinic

Post by thethief3 »

I fear this person has never heard of IPA
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

thethief3 wrote: 01 Jul 2023 03:55 I fear this person has never heard of IPA
I have heard of IPA. I memorized all of the English IPA symbols, and can pronounce a word in IPA like cat ( /kæt/ )
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

/ɡəmi.bær/ (pronounced like Gummy Bar and spelled as "gumibar" in Justianalidian) (yes I know the IPA) is the IPA transcription for the Justianalidian word for Gummy Bear. You though I never heard of the IPA but I did.
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

I also am a teenager that loves to create conlangs and listens to the Gummy Bear song, so I learned the IPA years ago.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Why Justianalidian? Was it created by three people named Justin, Ana, and Lydia?
♂♥♂♀

JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Khemehekis wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:15 Why Justianalidian? Was it created by three people named Justin, Ana, and Lydia?
No, it was created by a single person named Justis. The language uses all characters of the English language and the и from Russian, and ɣ from the IPA. The language uses a VOS word order. It is agglutinative.
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:17 No, it was created by a single person named Justis. The language uses all characters of the English language and the и from Russian, and ɣ from the IPA. The language uses a VOS word order. It is agglutinative.
Doesn’t that contradict the statement in your first post?

Just curious: are you using ChatGPT or something?
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.
JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Fluffy8x wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:22
JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:17 No, it was created by a single person named Justis. The language uses all characters of the English language and the и from Russian, and ɣ from the IPA. The language uses a VOS word order. It is agglutinative.
Doesn’t that contradict the statement in your first post?

Just curious: are you using ChatGPT or something?
I've used ChatGPT, but I didn't use it on the post. I was saying that the language has changed to include all characters from English.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:17
Khemehekis wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:15 Why Justianalidian? Was it created by three people named Justin, Ana, and Lydia?
No, it was created by a single person named Justis. The language uses all characters of the English language and the и from Russian, and ɣ from the IPA. The language uses a VOS word order. It is agglutinative.
So Justis is your name? Is it a respelling of the girl's name Justice?
♂♥♂♀

JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Khemehekis wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:27
JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:17
So Justis is your name? Is it a respelling of the girl's name Justice?
Yes, Justis is my name. It is a respelling of the boy's name Justin, not the girl's name Justice. I am a male.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Ah.

I'm getting the impression that Justianalidian is a personal language, i.e. a language not intended to be used by any fictional culture, alternative history, nor micronation. Am I correct?
♂♥♂♀

JustisConlangCreator
rupestrian
rupestrian

Khemehekis wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:32 Ah.

I'm getting the impression that Justianalidian is a personal language, i.e. a language not intended to be used by any fictional culture, alternative history, nor micronation. Am I correct?
It's a language used by the Justian people, and a personal language as well. The Justian people, who are fictional, write Justianalidian in Arabic.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

JustisConlangCreator wrote: 01 Jul 2023 04:33 It's a language used by the Justian people, and a personal language as well. The Justian people, who are fictional, write Justianalidian in Arabic.
Ah! Tell us more about the Justians! Do they live in the Middle East and/or practice Islam?
♂♥♂♀