You

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Re: You

Post by Arayaz »

Wow, that's a real story... and that does seem weird, statistically, but your sister was young and perhaps not fully conscious of the whole range of things. My younger siblings have said things that to me seem morally repulsive, simply because they didn't know any better.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber family Ngama Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
_Just_A_Sketch
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by _Just_A_Sketch »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Mar 2024 04:51 My parents and psychologist had had a three-person meeting several months before. After that meeting with Dr. Kirk, my father had told mne, "We'll always love you no matter what, James, no matter what". When he said that, I had no idea what he meant. It wasn't until years after Dr Kirk told me about my parents informing him of my bisexuality at the aforementioned appointment that I made the connection.

I always think it was statistically anomalous that my Boomer mother and Silent father were more accepting of my bisexuality in the nineties than my Millennial sister. In a few years, though, Liz changed her mind, as she was a member of the Gay/Straight Alliance at her high school when it formed during her years there. (I also joined the GSA at my own high school, which formed at around the same time.) And I remember how she wanted a Tinky-winky when some restaurant was doing Teletubbies happy meals!
That is a surprisingly positive reaction from your parents. I can't say I'm all too surprised by your sister's reaction however. I, a member of gen-z, was pretty uncomfortable with queer people until I was about 12 so, mostly due to a lack of exposure to queerness. Regardless, I'm glad they all ended up accepting you in the end.

My coming out stories are not as pleasant, but I have plenty of accepting friends at school and online so it balances out.
Khemehekis wrote: 05 Mar 2024 04:51 "Genetics lessons that teach about brown eyes and blue eyes but forget about those of us with hazel eyes".
As someone who has both hazel eyes I feel this in my soul [xD]. I also have a mix of red and brown hair (which the DMV doesn't seem to recognize as a distinct hair color). I am very used to my physical characteristics being mislabeled :P.
The other proud member of myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Awloya, Olwöa, 'ai'u, Hɛlcɛso (on hiatus), Tsjàta (on hiatus)

she/they/fluff
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

_Just_A_Sketch wrote: 06 Mar 2024 15:45
Khemehekis wrote: 05 Mar 2024 04:51 My parents and psychologist had had a three-person meeting several months before. After that meeting with Dr. Kirk, my father had told mne, "We'll always love you no matter what, James, no matter what". When he said that, I had no idea what he meant. It wasn't until years after Dr Kirk told me about my parents informing him of my bisexuality at the aforementioned appointment that I made the connection.

I always think it was statistically anomalous that my Boomer mother and Silent father were more accepting of my bisexuality in the nineties than my Millennial sister. In a few years, though, Liz changed her mind, as she was a member of the Gay/Straight Alliance at her high school when it formed during her years there. (I also joined the GSA at my own high school, which formed at around the same time.) And I remember how she wanted a Tinky-winky when some restaurant was doing Teletubbies happy meals!
That is a surprisingly positive reaction from your parents. I can't say I'm all too surprised by your sister's reaction however. I, a member of gen-z, was pretty uncomfortable with queer people until I was about 12 so, mostly due to a lack of exposure to queerness. Regardless, I'm glad they all ended up accepting you in the end.
Maybe it's just that my sister was in junior high, which is when kids are supposedly their most conformist?
My coming out stories are not as pleasant, but I have plenty of accepting friends at school and online so it balances out.
That's great! In general, my high school classmates were more pro-LGBT than their parents and teachers, as the parents and teachers tended to be of the "Homosexuality is wrong because society says so" persuasion.
Khemehekis wrote: 05 Mar 2024 04:51 "Genetics lessons that teach about brown eyes and blue eyes but forget about those of us with hazel eyes".
As someone who has both hazel eyes I feel this in my soul [xD]. I also have a mix of red and brown hair (which the DMV doesn't seem to recognize as a distinct hair color). I am very used to my physical characteristics being mislabeled :P.
Good to know! I have dark brown hair on my scalp, combined with a red beard.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Alias(es): Flavia
Date of birth: May 2009
Interests: Conlanging, music, composing, linguistics, theoretical mathematics, programming, reading fantasy books (my favourite series are Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive, Terry Pratchett's Discworld, and Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderlings), board games, MTG, D&D, writing.
Favourite music: renaissance, baroque, (post)romantic (especially organ music). My favourite composers include J. S. Bach, César Franck and Max Reger.
Political ideology: Left idk
Conlangs: Abaniscen, and hundreds of scrapped ideas...
Where do you see yourself in ten years? At university. My dream is Cambridge but realistically it's one of the Polish ones.
Last edited by Flavia on 10 Mar 2024 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Flavia wrote: 09 Mar 2024 19:55 Date of birth: May 2009
Huh, so you're only 14 (almost 15)?
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber family Ngama Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Arayaz wrote: 09 Mar 2024 20:00
Yes! Seems like you and I are the youngest conlangers here?
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Flavia wrote: 09 Mar 2024 20:05
Arayaz wrote: 09 Mar 2024 20:00
Yes! Seems like you and I are the youngest conlangers here?
Apparently so!

Oh, and we both joined at 11-almost-12!

my garbage

she/her