Alál: 59 Circumstantials and an Antipassive

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Arayaz
roman
roman

Re: Alál: 59 Circumstantials and an Antipassive

Post by Arayaz »

Have I mentioned I love this language? It's so beautiful and complicated. If I had three wishes, one of them might be to understand this thread ─ or to be able to live up to the standard it sets! [<3] [<3]
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Abisj
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
kiwikami
roman
roman
Location: Oh, I don't know, I'm probably around here somewhere.

Re: Alál: 59 Circumstantials and an Antipassive

Post by kiwikami »

Arayaz wrote: 17 Apr 2024 21:18 Have I mentioned I love this language? It's so beautiful and complicated. If I had three wishes, one of them might be to understand this thread ─ or to be able to live up to the standard it sets! [<3] [<3]
I promise at least 50% of its complicated-ness is more the consequence of me not explaining particularly well! But thank you. [:$]

One of these days I want to give this thread an overhaul, mostly in the phonology. A lot of things are out of date (namely, that thing that currently is described as a vowel quality/pitch-accent sort of system is now basically a three-way register system that along with quality also just straight-up has tone), and I'd like to do some reorganizing - move that early post about conditionals to its own spot, and edit that earlier spot to talk about basic syntax, maybe. Since I still haven't done that.
Edit: Substituted a string instrument for a French interjection.

:eng: :mrgreen: | :fra: [:)] | ASL [:S] | :deu: [:|] | :tan: [:(] | :nav: [:'(]