Teka: New Romance conlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Re: Teka: New Romance conlang

Post by Ossicone »

Great. You stole someone else's shit. That's even worse.
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

Ossicone wrote:Great. You stole someone else's shit. That's even worse.
You stole your mother's and father's lexicon, syntax, morphology, semantics and whatever. We're all thieves!
Svo hvernig get ég annað en glott á þig dauðlega?
Zontas
greek
greek

Post by Zontas »

Darkgamma wrote:
Ossicone wrote:Great. You stole someone else's shit. That's even worse.
You stole your mother's and father's lexicon, syntax, morphology, semantics and whatever. We're all thieves

That's like defending murder with "You killed the mood"

@ Ossicone

Is he stealing EVERYTHING in the conlang? if not he's still not guilty
Hey there.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

This isn't Darkgamma's conlang.
What he 'stole' was made-up terminology.
Ollock
greek
greek

Post by Ollock »

Ossicone wrote:This isn't Darkgamma's conlang.
What he 'stole' was made-up terminology.
Yeah, heavy borrowing from other sources is just part of conlanging. I wouldn't accuse people of plagiarism unless they literally lifted someone's entire grammar or lexicoon and just changed the byline.
George Corley
Producer and Moderating Host, Conlangery Podcast
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Guys... this not an accusation of thievery.
It's an accusation of idiocy. I used 'stole' in it's more colloquial form meaning 'to borrow.' (Can I steal you pen?)

Darkgamma used some made up terminology. I said that was worse with the reasoning that he didn't even have the imagination to make up his own shit but rather had to use someone else's.
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

Ossicone wrote:Guys... this not an accusation of thievery.
It's an accusation of idiocy. I used 'stole' in it's more colloquial form meaning 'to borrow.' (Can I steal you pen?)

Darkgamma used some made up terminology. I said that was worse with the reasoning that he didn't even have the imagination to make up his own shit but rather had to use someone else's.
...you're accusing me of idiocy because I used a neat term. So, instead of agglutinating, I should use affixstacking, instead of Absolutive, Subjectative-Objectative case?
If it's made up, it doesn't need to be stupid. Someone came up with "polysynthetic", too, so is "polysynthetic" bad?
Ollock
greek
greek

Post by Ollock »

Ok, ok, does this really need to turn into a flame war?
George Corley
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

Ollock wrote:Ok, ok, does this really need to turn into a flame war?
Neither did I start this nor like being accused of idiocy.
Zontas
greek
greek

Post by Zontas »

That sounds like the world's shittiest excuse to get pissed off about constructed language topic.

It's just a word- who fucking cares where it came from as long as it has a useful definition and that Darkgamma did not pass it off as his own.
Hey there.
Ollock
greek
greek

Post by Ollock »

Helios wrote:

That sounds like the world's shittiest excuse to get pissed off about constructed language topic.

It's just a word- who fucking cares where it came from as long as it has a useful definition and that Darkgamma did not pass it off as his own.
It's not even that much of an issue. It's a joke term.
George Corley
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

If it is a made up word, no one knows what it means. And it is stupid to use a made up word for a term that already exists. If I decided that, in English, I would call a cat a fnibble for no other reason than to be different and/or because I thought it was 'neat', it would be idiotic to assume that anyone else knew what I meant or would take it seriously once I told them that fnibble was cat for no reason.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Helios wrote:That sounds like the world's shittiest excuse to get pissed off about constructed language topic.

I get annoyed because he makes up stuff a lot. I just like to call him out on it because people may not realize that what he says is made up.
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

Thakowsaizmu wrote:If it is a made up word, no one knows what it means. And it is stupid to use a made up word for a term that already exists. If I decided that, in English, I would call a cat a fnibble for no other reason than to be different and/or because I thought it was 'neat', it would be idiotic to assume that anyone else knew what I meant or would take it seriously once I told them that fnibble was cat for no reason.
It's not mine and it you can deduce what it means:

Oligo - isolational
ὀλίγος - small
isolational - isolational

P.S. I make stuff up? When the hell did I do that? I expressed my views two times and I'm an innovator?

You know what, calm the fuck down and talk like a normal person. This is somebody's conlang page you're flaming.
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

Can a mod conveniently delete this so that the OP can continue?
MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

Arpee flames the board with his vomitlangs, so it's okay. Plus we'll all remember this as another instance of your shining intelligence quota anyways even if this does get deleted.
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

MrKrov wrote:Arpee flames the board with his vomitlangs, so it's okay. Plus we'll all remember this as another instance of your shining intelligence quota anyways even if this does get deleted.
You mean your shining intelligence quota?
If you ever used "polysynthetic", "case", "gender", "agglutinating" etc. in the linguistic sense, you commited the same crime I did, but you have an added bonus for having no respect for others.

So please, everyone, calm the fuck down and get back to your usual prayers to the monkey paw god.
Ollock
greek
greek

Post by Ollock »

Darkgamma wrote:
MrKrov wrote:Arpee flames the board with his vomitlangs, so it's okay. Plus we'll all remember this as another instance of your shining intelligence quota anyways even if this does get deleted.
If you ever used "polysynthetic", "case", "gender", "agglutinating" etc. in the linguistic sense, you commited the same crime I did, but you have an added bonus for having no respect for others.

So please, everyone, calm the fuck down and get back to your usual prayers to the monkey paw god.
OK, I can clear something up real quick here: Wikipedia makes a small mention of "oglioisolational" languages in their article on ogliosynthetic languages, with a reference to Toki Pona -- oglioanalytic languages having few morphemes but isolational morphology -- like Toki Pona (kind of).
George Corley
Zontas
greek
greek

Post by Zontas »

Ossicone wrote:
Helios wrote:That sounds like the world's shittiest excuse to get pissed off about constructed language topic.

I get annoyed because he makes up stuff a lot. I just like to call him out on it because people may not realize that what he says is made up.
Who? If he states the word and a unique meaning-it shouldn't be something worth getting ticked off over.
Hey there.
Darkgamma
banned

Post by Darkgamma »

Ollock wrote:
Darkgamma wrote:

OK, I can clear something up real quick here: Wikipedia makes a small mention of "oglioisolational" languages in their article on ogliosynthetic languages, with a reference to Toki Pona -- oglioanalytic languages having few morphemes but isolational morphology -- like Toki Pona (kind of).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_QhGloOIt8
I think I picked it up from this guy. A commentator said the language is " clearly an Ido of Toki Pona(125 words now) - Tuki Puna, perhaps)".

EDIT: Issue resolved?