Conworlders' religious influences on conworlds

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Re: Conworlders' religious influences on conworlds

Post by Keenir »

Wintarus wrote: 04 Dec 2023 00:05For my main conworld project, the majority religion of the story's focus civilization is a mish-mash of Confucianism meets animistic polytheism. The largest religion in the conworld, however, is a Christianity-esque missionary-spread religion that worships a Jesus-like figure. I decided to include this as an element in the worldbuilding because when I think of a "successful" religion, I imagine a religion that preaches prosperity to believers, and eternal unending spiritual punishment after death to unbelievers. Also a belief system that isn't restricted to any one ethnicity or culture, and is very evangelical in its nature. The only major religions on Earth that fit this description are Christianity and Islam,
Buddhism would be shocked that you consider it restricted to an ethnicity or culture...and would probably ask "Which?"
As I wanted the peoples who spread the Chrisianity-esque religion to be European-coded, I figure Islam would not be as fitting (this is of course not to say that you cannot Europeanize Islam to fit some aesthetic worldbuilding goal).
its already been Europeanized, if you mean inhabiting what we presently define as Europe: Asia Minor, the Balkans, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Russia&thereabouts, Malta, most other islands in the Med. Sea.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Torco
sinic
sinic

Re: Conworlders' religious influences on conworlds

Post by Torco »

Buddhism would be shocked that you consider it restricted to an ethnicity or culture...and would probably ask "Which?"
so would sikhism, jainism, baha'i... sure, they have cultural and aesthetic signs of their cultural origins, but like... so does christianity and islam.