Conlanger stereotype poll

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Conlanger stereotype poll

Post by Khemehekis »

Updated scores!

prettydragoon 8
rgj40q 8
Tuyono 8
Lorik 9
Reyzadren 10
CarsonDaConlanger 12
alynnidalar 13
anonymous123 13
CivilixXXX 13
KaiTheHomoSapien 13
Herra Ratatoskr 14
Lao Kou 14
aliensdrinktea 15
Imralu 15
jimydog000 15
Khemehekis 15
Znex 15.5
Jackk 16
kiwikami 16
Lambuzhao 16
Linguifex 16
LinguoFranco 16
opipik 16
OtheB 16
silvercat 16
this_is_an_account 16
rainbowcult 17
SliV 17
vampireshark 17
All4?n 18
Egerius 18
gestaltist 18
Ahzoh 19
Birdlang 19
Shemtov 19
Thrice Xandvii 19
eldin raigmore 21
sangi39 21
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Pāṇini
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Pāṇini »

1. Gender: assigned male at birth, male if asked, confused if pressed.
2. Sexual orientation: pansexual, but fairly gynephilic. Not big on labels.
3. Handedness: northpaw, no questions asked.
4. Nationality: Puerto Rican, with everything that entails.
5. Ethnicity: Puerto Rican.
6. Neurotype: I am a rolling ball of anxiety and perhaps mild ADHD.
7. Health conditions: none worth mentioning, mashallah.
8. Glasses: aviators, actually—I am very nearsighted.
9. Facial hair: my partner likes me bearded, though it comes out more as scruff than anything else.
10. Body type: a little fluffy, though people rarely notice.
11. Subculture: a bit of a late ‘60s to early ‘70s throwback, style-wise. Apart from that, I’m a fairly middle-of-the-road long-haired Zoomer guy.
12. Species/breed of pets: a basset hound who is only allegedly a dog.
13. Religion: culturally Catholic, philosophically a Mahayana Buddhist. My actual practice waffles between the two.
天含青海道。城頭月千里。
/tʰiæn ɣɑm tsʰieŋ.hɑ́i dʱɑ́u ‖ ʑʱeŋ dʱəu ᵑgyæɾ tsʰiæn lí/
The sky swallows the road to Kokonor. On the Great Wall, a thousand miles of moonlight.
—/lí ɣɑ̀/ (李賀), tr. A. C. Graham
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Time for an update to this.

1. Gender: Cismale
2. Sexual orientation: Straight
3. Handedness: Right
4. Nationality: American (Ohio)
5. Ethnicity you primarily identify with: Polish, to a lesser extent Sicilian
6. Neurotype: Autistic (ASD/Asperger's), OCD, bipolar I, anxiety
7. Health conditions and physical disabilities: Allergies, autoimmune issues, Crohn’s disease, sleep apnea, possible hypoglycemia (haven’t been formally diagnosed but I have many of the symptoms)
8. Glasses: Yes
9. Facial hair: Dispreferred, but a lot of the time I forget to shave
10. Body type: Average (lost a lot of weight due to Crohn’s and now am no longer overweight…counting that as a win)
11. Subculture: Nerd, geek, metalhead, introvert, brony, Trekker
12. Species/breed of pets: Dog (blue heeler/lab mix), sister’s dog (some sort of chihuahua mix)
13. Religion: Lutheran (LCMS; I have been catechized)
Last edited by Man in Space on 10 May 2023 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Nice to get to know you more, Panini!
Pāṇini wrote: 28 Mar 2023 04:11 8. Glasses: aviators, actually—I am very nearsighted.
You're saying you wear prescription sunglasses? [B)] I'm thinking of getting a pair of them myself, since the astigmatism in my right eye has gradually gotten worse over the years, but I don't want to have to give up wearing sunglasses.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Man in Space wrote: 28 Mar 2023 21:06 Time for an update to this.
All right!
6. Neurotype: Autistic (ASD/Asperger's), OCD, depression, anxiety
By anxiety, do you mean generalized anxiety disorder?
10. Body type: Average (lost a lot of weight due to Crohn’s and now am no longer overweight…counting that as a win)
Woo-hoo! [:D]
11. Subculture: Nerd, geek, metalhead, introvert, brony, Trekker
What's the difference between a Trekker and a Trekkie? I don't think I've heard that term before.
13. Religion: Lutheran (LCMS; I have been catechized)
Congratulations!
♂♥♂♀

Pāṇini
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Pāṇini »

Khemehekis wrote: 29 Mar 2023 13:26 Nice to get to know you more, Panini!
Pāṇini wrote: 28 Mar 2023 04:11 8. Glasses: aviators, actually—I am very nearsighted.
You're saying you wear prescription sunglasses? [B)] I'm thinking of getting a pair of them myself, since the astigmatism in my right eye has gradually gotten worse over the years, but I don't want to have to give up wearing sunglasses.
Likewise!

They’re actually just prescription glasses with an aviator frame, à la Napoleon Dynamite. That said, I’ve got transition lenses that darken when exposed to UV rays. They do just fine, although the they don’t work through car windshields/windows.
天含青海道。城頭月千里。
/tʰiæn ɣɑm tsʰieŋ.hɑ́i dʱɑ́u ‖ ʑʱeŋ dʱəu ᵑgyæɾ tsʰiæn lí/
The sky swallows the road to Kokonor. On the Great Wall, a thousand miles of moonlight.
—/lí ɣɑ̀/ (李賀), tr. A. C. Graham
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

1. Cismale
2. Straight
3. Right-handed
4. American, from Louisiana
5. I've been full American for a few generations; as far back as I've traced it my family seems to be something like 60% American, 25% Romanian, and a smattering of other European. I know there's some prominent Irish in there too.
6. Neurotypical
7. No health conditions as far as I know
8. I'm pretty nearsighted and do wear glasses
9. Not too much facial hair, but the beginnings of a mustache (or so I'm told)
10. Wiry and tall
11. Nerd/geek
12. One dog (50% akita) and two cats (one calico, no idea about the other)
13. Jewish by tradition, atheist in practice.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
GoshDiggityDangit
greek
greek

Post by GoshDiggityDangit »

1. Gender: I would say that I am NB. Biologically, I'm male.
2. Sexual orientation: I am androsexual, though I prefer the term Achillean because it's waaay cooler.
3. Handedness: I am right-handed.
4. Nationality: I'm an American, and I currently live in Ohio. I was born in West Virginia, and have lived in six states throughout my life.
5. Ethnicity: White American
6. Neurotype: I definitely have depression, and I suspect I may have an Anxiety disorder and may be on the Autism spectrum.
7. Health conditions: I have headaches all the time? I'm pretty healthy.
8. Glasses: I do wear glasses. Everything further than a foot in front of me is blurry.
9. Facial hair: I try my best to avoid it.
10. Body type: I worry too often about my weight, but I have an average body type.
11. Subculture: I don't really know! I think I'll have to live a little longer to decide.
12. Pets: I have had many in my life, but right now I have a golden retriever, some little poodle thing, and a Tonkinese.
13. Religion: I am "officially" unreligious, but I am pretty sure I received a religious revelation in my dreams and will eventually found a religion.
“Like billowing clouds, Like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
The longing of the spirit can never be stilled.” ― St. Hildegard von Bingen
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Üdj wrote: 22 Apr 2023 20:21 5. I've been full American for a few generations; as far back as I've traced it my family seems to be something like 60% American, 25% Romanian, and a smattering of other European. I know there's some prominent Irish in there too.
Wait . . . by American do you mean Native American/American Indian, or do you mean a mix of Anglo-Saxon, African-American, French, and/or Cajun, etc. that's lived in the U.S. as far back as you can trace it -- classic Louisiana? Creole, perhaps? And you also say you're "Jewish by tradition" -- does this mean you're also part Jewish, ethnically (perhaps from the Romanian branch of your family tree), or did your family convert in recent memory?
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Wow, I really got to know you a loooooot more, GoshDiggityDangit!

GoshDiggityDangit wrote: 23 Apr 2023 00:09 1. Gender: I would say that I am NB. Biologically, I'm male.
I'll record this as "Non-binary AMAB".
2. Sexual orientation: I am androsexual, though I prefer the term Achillean because it's waaay cooler.
This is my first time hearing the word "Achillean" used in this sense, but according to Wiktionary it means "gay male". Since you identified as NB in the first question, I'll record this as "Androsexual non-binary".
6. Neurotype: I definitely have depression, and I suspect I may have an Anxiety disorder and may be on the Autism spectrum.
Do you have a specific anxiety disorder in mind? I have OCD. Or perhaps generalized anxiety disorder (which is what my father has), social anxiety disorder, PTSD, or something else?
7. Health conditions: I have headaches all the time? I'm pretty healthy.
Wow, I have headaches all the time too! Multiple tension headaches every month. They drove me crazy until I got me some PRN Tylenol.
12. Pets: I have had many in my life, but right now I have a golden retriever, some little poodle thing, and a Tonkinese.
I looked Tonkinese cats up on Wikipedia, and it says they're a cross between Siamese and Burmese. Interesting!
13. Religion: I am "officially" unreligious, but I am pretty sure I received a religious revelation in my dreams and will eventually to found a religion.
This is my first "I'm going to found a religion!" response on this survey! Along with Kiwikami's "agnostic polytheist", this is one of the most fascinating responses to this question! I know Pabappa/Soap has said his religion is one of his conreligions, but he hasn't replied to this survey (yet). By "unreligious", do you mean atheist, agnostic, secular humanist, ignostic (with an i), irreligious (as in, strongly anti-religion as a concept), or Nothing in Particular (as the option on some religion polls goes)?
♂♥♂♀

Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 24 Apr 2023 04:37
Üdj wrote: 22 Apr 2023 20:21 5. I've been full American for a few generations; as far back as I've traced it my family seems to be something like 60% American, 25% Romanian, and a smattering of other European. I know there's some prominent Irish in there too.
Wait . . . by American do you mean Native American/American Indian, or do you mean a mix of Anglo-Saxon, African-American, French, and/or Cajun, etc. that's lived in the U.S. as far back as you can trace it -- classic Louisiana? Creole, perhaps? And you also say you're "Jewish by tradition" -- does this mean you're also part Jewish, ethnically (perhaps from the Romanian branch of your family tree), or did your family convert in recent memory?
1. Lived in the U.S. as far back as I've personally traced it, though I know it's ultimately Portuguese.
2. My mom's family (from Romania, ultimately) is Jewish, making me technically Jewish. I'm proud of it, and celebrate Jewish traditional holidays, but am an atheist by belief.

Edit: for more random details, I do have some amount of Native American, Polish, and Lithuanian a few generations back (but I don't know the exact percentage).
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
GoshDiggityDangit
greek
greek

Post by GoshDiggityDangit »

Khemehekis wrote: 24 Apr 2023 04:47Do you have a specific anxiety disorder in mind? I have OCD. Or perhaps generalized anxiety disorder (which is what my father has), social anxiety disorder, PTSD, or something else?
I suppose just GAD? My girlfriend has told me that I might have GAD, so next time I visit my psychiatrist I'm going to bring it up.
Khemehekis wrote: 24 Apr 2023 04:47By "unreligious", do you mean atheist, agnostic, secular humanist, ignostic (with an i), irreligious (as in, strongly anti-religion as a concept), or Nothing in Particular (as the option on some religion polls goes)?
I'm agnostic.
“Like billowing clouds, Like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
The longing of the spirit can never be stilled.” ― St. Hildegard von Bingen
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Üdj wrote: 24 Apr 2023 16:08 1. Lived in the U.S. as far back as I've personally traced it, though I know it's ultimately Portuguese.
Ah, Portuguese! Like Nelly Furtado and Greg Raposo and Katy Perry. Cool.
2. My mom's family (from Romania, ultimately) is Jewish, making me technically Jewish. I'm proud of it, and celebrate Jewish traditional holidays, but am an atheist by belief.
I don't practice Judaism either (as I indicated in my response, I'm a deist). I did do a Seder with my (African-American) friend Oneika a few years back and enjoyed it. I don't really celebrate many holidays at all -- religious or secular. Absolutely do not do Halloween.
Edit: for more random details, I do have some amount of Native American, Polish, and Lithuanian a few generations back (but I don't know the exact percentage).
Wow -- Lithuanian! Just like the dabled conlanger thing! I'll just write down "Portuguese and Jewish", since Polish, Native American, and Lithuanian are small ancestries that you don't seem to identify with.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

GoshDiggityDangit wrote: 24 Apr 2023 18:00
Khemehekis wrote: 24 Apr 2023 04:47Do you have a specific anxiety disorder in mind? I have OCD. Or perhaps generalized anxiety disorder (which is what my father has), social anxiety disorder, PTSD, or something else?
I suppose just GAD? My girlfriend has told me that I might have GAD, so next time I visit my psychiatrist I'm going to bring it up.
Khemehekis wrote: 24 Apr 2023 04:47By "unreligious", do you mean atheist, agnostic, secular humanist, ignostic (with an i), irreligious (as in, strongly anti-religion as a concept), or Nothing in Particular (as the option on some religion polls goes)?
I'm agnostic.
Thanks for the clarifications!
♂♥♂♀

Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 17 Dec 2022 03:56 Updated scores!

prettydragoon 8
rgj40q 8
Tuyono 8
Lorik 9
Reyzadren 10
CarsonDaConlanger 12
alynnidalar 13
anonymous123 13
CivilixXXX 13
KaiTheHomoSapien 13
Herra Ratatoskr 14
Lao Kou 14
aliensdrinktea 15
Imralu 15
jimydog000 15
Khemehekis 15
Znex 15.5
Jackk 16
kiwikami 16
Lambuzhao 16
Linguifex 16
LinguoFranco 16
opipik 16
OtheB 16
silvercat 16
this_is_an_account 16
rainbowcult 17
SliV 17
vampireshark 17
All4?n 18
Egerius 18
gestaltist 18
Ahzoh 19
Birdlang 19
Shemtov 19
Thrice Xandvii 19
eldin raigmore 21
sangi39 21
Also, I'm new to this thread; what are these scores indicating?

my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Üdj wrote: 30 Apr 2023 04:17 Also, I'm new to this thread; what are these scores indicating?
See this post:

viewtopic.php?p=304289#p304289
Last edited by Khemehekis on 12 May 2023 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
♂♥♂♀

Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

Updating mine since I've had a few...realisations about myself.

1. Gender: Trans female (not out irl yet)
2. Sexual orientation: Pan demisexual lesbian
3. Handedness: Right
4. Nationality: Australia, NSW
5. Ethnicity you primarily identify with: Anglo-Celtic
6. Neurotype: Autistic/ADHD/PTSD yaayyyy
7. Health conditions and physical disabilities: Mild asthma
8. Glasses: No
9. Facial hair: Yes atm, but looking to lose it
10. Body type: Average
11. Subculture: Nerd mainly
12. Species/breed of pets: Budgerigars, ginger tabby cat, labradoodle dog
13. Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Znex wrote: 30 Apr 2023 05:35 Updating mine since I've had a few...realisations about myself.

1. Gender: Trans female (not out irl yet)
2. Sexual orientation: Pan demisexual lesbian
Congrats for finding this out about yourself!

my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Yes, congratulations on discovering your true gender -- and your religious conversion! (See you've got some new pets, too.)
♂♥♂♀

Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

My neurotype may have to be updated to bipolar instead of just depression. Stay tuned.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma