What did you accomplish today?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Arayaz »

Finally finished part one of a story I was working on in Hóubenk Xúuuatxia. Whew! Part two could be up today or tomorrow (but no promises [:P])
Last edited by Arayaz on 06 May 2024 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Xúuuatxia Alushi [Unnamed] Ẹlnk
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Kesshin
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Kesshin »

I posted the intro to Akatennaji, in Conworlds/Concultures.
Hopefully I can update it soon, because it's a very tiny thing.
he/him, they/them
Forgive me if I seem uneducated or disorganized, I am new to the community and vocab.

currently hyperfocused on: Daas
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I have just reached word #6,089 in the alphabetical list of words from the IGCE corpus, "bombproof". That means I am now exactly one-tenth of the way through my wordlist! I have 90,686 Kankonian words now.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 92,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 04 May 2024 04:36 I have just reached word #6,089 in the alphabetical list of words from the IGCE corpus, "bombproof". That means I am now exactly one-tenth of the way through my wordlist! I have 90,686 Kankonian words now.
Is it a coincidence that the number of Kankonian words is composed of the same array of digits as the place in the list of words?
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Arayaz wrote: 04 May 2024 04:40
Khemehekis wrote: 04 May 2024 04:36 I have just reached word #6,089 in the alphabetical list of words from the IGCE corpus, "bombproof". That means I am now exactly one-tenth of the way through my wordlist! I have 90,686 Kankonian words now.
Is it a coincidence that the number of Kankonian words is composed of the same array of digits as the place in the list of words?
Wow, I thought in the back of my mind that they looked similar, but I didn't look closely! Yes, it IS a coincidence! It's a cool coincidence, though.
♂♥♂♀

lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

once again adding signs on a picture...

a path to elsewhere (NSFW)
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

When I was 1% of the way through the wordlist, I did a calculation with how many new words I had added to Kankonian and predicted I would get about 22,000 new words out of that, ending up with 109K-110K Kankonian words.

Now that I'm 10% of the way through, I calculated again. Going from 87,780 to 90,686 Kankonian words meant Kankonian's vocabulary had increased by 2,906 words, so I should get about 29,000 new words out of the IGCE wordlist. That means finishing with about 116K-117K words in Kankonian's lexicon.
♂♥♂♀

Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

Finished part two of Toxèix Haio iu!!

my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Set my Kankonian work aside for the day after kametwa, meaning kametua (a Povoian chocolate ball filled with crème and cocoa powder and covered with chocolate sprinkles). The kametua is Kankonia's answer to the brigadeiro.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Upon creating dukdzhiph, the Kankonian word for "bytecode" that was borrowed from the Achel dukdibb, I finished my trek through the B-words on the IGCE corpus list. I now have 91,369 words. The 91,592-word milestone, whereupon Kankonian will surpass Classical Yiklamu in lexicon size, is fast approaching.

I guess word #91,592 is going to be a C-word!
♂♥♂♀

Nel Fie
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Nel Fie »

I've still more testing to do, but I've made a lot of progress on making my sound changer capable of handling unordered searches* in all sorts of configurations. I can't go into all the details due to there being so many, but the progress is very satisfying.

* unordered searches is what I call the notation used to say "find the following phonemes in any order and regardless of whether there are other things in between". An actual use case in applying sound changes would be when writing a rule such as "turn /s/ to /z/ if there was a voiced consonant at any point before it in the word", with the search for a voiced consonant being expressed as an unordered search, surrounded by the delimiter '|'. The full notation in my sound changer would be:

s → z / |C[+voice]|_
:deu: Native (Swabian) | :fra: Native (Belgian) | :eng: Fluent | :rus: Beginner
DeviantArt | YouTube | Tumblr
Nel Fie
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Nel Fie »

After spending all my time on pure comparison mechanisms, I've now taken the time to reintroduce actual sound changing to my sound changer. There were a few hiccups and there still is stuff to figure out, but progress has been much swifter. In its current state, it can take a word list such as:

bat
buut
beit
sibeat

And correctly apply the following rules:

Rule 1 :
t → l / bV+_

Rule 2 :
l → le / _

To produce the result:

bale
buule
beile
sibeale

The next "to-do" is a pretty big one though - modifying the internal mechanics of my changer so that it can correctly apply a more "common sense" notation of rule 2:

∅ → e / l_

I'll have to modify my comparison handler and its results to account for a third kind of "valid": a scenario where only a location is transmitted for something to be inserted, rather than a segment that is due to be replaced (e.g. the previous notation for rule 2 essentially operates by replacing /l/ with /le/, rather than just inserting an /e/ after /l/).
:deu: Native (Swabian) | :fra: Native (Belgian) | :eng: Fluent | :rus: Beginner
DeviantArt | YouTube | Tumblr
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

I added /l/ as a marginal phoneme in Abaniscen — it only contrasts with /ɾ/ in word-final position while preceded by /ɛ/. An example is the pair tenner (to cover, shield, protect) and niestel (to be named).
XIPA
Abaniscen cancasirnemor!
she/her